Hifiman HM-603
Feb 22, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #61 of 82
By the way, HM603 has two version

With dac and without dac

You can easily see by the writing on the lower switch says DAP-USB if it is DAP/DAC version

If it is DAP only it says DAP-MUTE

PS: The pic is not mine. I sold mine already

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #63 of 82
You really should try the mod I did for 603. Really improve it's sound. Trade off with a little decreased bass thump

Yes I really should try modding, the very sloppy bass and high roll off is is what bothers me with with hm603, can probably fix the bass with modding but cant fix the rolled of treble. Also hm650 and hm802 both also have rolled of treble if you look at their frequency response. I dont approve of what hifiman does rolling off all their daps treble.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #65 of 82
Hm901 also has treble rolloff but its not as aggressive as the rolloff of other daps from hifiman. It would have been much much better if hifiman had not rolled off any of their daps, its just diminishing SQ and no longer reflecting the recording... I would personally not buy hm650 or any hifiman dap due to treble rolloff. I only bought hm603slim because it was cheap around $150, but it is barely even worth what I paid, I hate the treble rolloff.

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #66 of 82
Hm901 also has treble rolloff but its not as aggressive as the rolloff of other daps from hifiman. It would have been much much better if hifiman had not rolled off any of their daps, its just diminishing SQ and no longer reflecting the recording... I would personally not buy hm650 or any hifiman dap due to treble rolloff. I only bought hm603slim because it was cheap around $150, but it is barely even worth what I paid, I hate the treble rolloff.

Well... some peoples even buy Hifiman because of the treble roll off..

They purposely make it like that so the signal is analog like.. non fatiguing for long session.

If it is not your thing/not used to it then you'll be dissapoint

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #70 of 82
Yes you will. You will also have very little usable range on the volume control (and one small slip could result in hearing damage). For sensitive IEMs, go for the HM-601LE.

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #71 of 82
I dont think so, if you wish you can easily to update software of 603 by the software of the 601 to make this DAP more "dark" to reduce the hiss issues, but 603 is a not hiss dap at all.
What particular IEM do you mean?
Little usable range on the volume control - yes, this is exist, but because of the powerfull amplifiers. I dont think that this is a disadvantage for a daps at all.  

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #72 of 82
I've found the 603 to be unusable with FAD Heaven V, for instance (unless I add an amp to reduce gain).

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #73 of 82
Currently I'm using fully modded 603 (replaced DAC, more powerfull amplifiers etc) with Meze 99 and Sony XBA Z5 - no issues
Have tried many others also no problems.
So I think this is up to personal feelings and preferences.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #74 of 82
603 hifiman is just not for sensitive iem, especially multi-driver:
1. output impedance 10 Om ( or even 15, don't remember)
2. to much power (even on 'low' gain) + analogue VERY sensitive volume wheel - as a rule typical use case is: music is too silent -> rotate the wheel for 1mm -> it's too laud = what should i choose? try to rotate for 0.5mm - it's inconvenient.

603 is better for large dynamic headphones with less sensitivity and more impedance that typical iem.

For iem - 601le (601, 602) is better - less power (but more than enough), you may change the volume comfortably.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #75 of 82
Hi there, i am new in head-fi forums, i was wondering if anybody could help resolving a problem i'm havin with my daps.
My brother and i recently bought the hm-601 le and hm-603 slim. The issue is that both players can't recognize flacs. Evrything is working fine when using mp3, but when i upload flacs on the internal storage(or use an sd) they don't even compare, they're "invisible".
The containg folder is uploaded propely but when i open it the flacs are not there.
Has anybody else had this issue? How did you resolve it?
Thnks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back