Hifiman HM-603
Nov 10, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #31 of 82
He's talking about comments from actual use.

The Clip+ was listed the 'unusable' and people used those for more than a year, closer to 2 almost.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #32 of 82

Quote:

The Clip+ was listed the 'unusable' and people used those for more than a year, closer to 2 almost.

Well, it wasn't listed as "unusable" all that time, but it probably took close to a year from the time they called it "unstable" to when they called it stable.
 A bunch of us are using it on on the Clip Zip already, which is on the "unstable" list.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #33 of 82

Quote:
Well, it wasn't listed as "unusable" all that time, but it probably took close to a year from the time they called it "unstable" to when they called it stable.
 A bunch of us are using it on on the Clip Zip already, which is on the "unstable" list.

You're right it did get 'upgraded'.  Most of my experience was during the unusable period prior to moving on to other things.

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #34 of 82
Call me a weirdo, but I could live with inadvertently bricking something like the Clip+ - would be considerably less thrilled if it were a $450 player from HiFiMan.

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #35 of 82

Quote:
Call me a weirdo, but I could live with inadvertently bricking something like the Clip+ - would be considerably less thrilled if it were a $450 player from HiFiMan.

I see no flaw in your logic.

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #36 of 82

Quote:

He seemed to not be aware of the firmware being listed as still not ready, if I was unjustified in informing him of this then please forgive me :)
I'm with estreeter, I don't want to potentially brick a dap that costs upwards of half a grand just to get a usable interface...if the piece of gear doesn't support my needs in its stock presentation, why the hell should I support it? Definitely shouldn't need rockbox on a dap that costs that much.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #38 of 82
I bought one in HK, and was thinking about selling it.  I think I really do miss using iTunes to convert my music, and the use of playlists.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #40 of 82
Do you load all your songs from the device or SD card to create the playlists?  Or have you figured out a way to change the file path in the playlist file besides going through it with a texteditor and erasing it manually?

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #41 of 82
Hifiman seems to be a big name in the audio industry nowadays. However, I'm still doubtful of products made in china at this price tag.

Just wanna ask those of u using the Hifiman player about the durability of these players.

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #42 of 82

Quote:
Do you load all your songs from the device or SD card to create the playlists?  Or have you figured out a way to change the file path in the playlist file besides going through it with a texteditor and erasing it manually?

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. I only tested this because I had loaded all of my music by syncing to my sd from Songbird when I was on stock firmware. There were songlists included in the sync. After using rockbox, suddenly the lists were visible and working.

Quote:
Hifiman seems to be a big name in the audio industry nowadays. However, I'm still doubtful of products made in china at this price tag.

Just wanna ask those of u using the Hifiman player about the durability of these players.

Why? Most electronics are manufactured in China.

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #43 of 82
Does anyone know if its safe to buy a 603 for 380
Off ebay from bigbargainonline? Are they pre-production models or the real thing. Kinda weird how head-direct isn't offering them yet!!

Jul 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #44 of 82
Quote:
Does anyone know if its safe to buy a 603 for 380
Off ebay from bigbargainonline? Are they pre-production models or the real thing. Kinda weird how head-direct isn't offering them yet!!

Well the 603 is being produced, I have one but I got it directly from the factory when visiting with Fang. I doubt it would be sold for that price is leggit but who knows. 

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #45 of 82
Theres similarities between that seller and stuff on alibaba.com... I'm staying away from it...
Thanks Jamato.
Suspicious that theyre not being sold by head-direct yet. So these are too good to be true and probably fake.
Also I wouldn't expect any warranty if I bought something from them off ebay...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back