Hifiman HM-603
Nov 29, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #76 of 82
  Hi there, i am new in head-fi forums, i was wondering if anybody could help resolving a problem i'm havin with my daps.
My brother and i recently bought the hm-601 le and hm-603 slim. The issue is that both players can't recognize flacs. Evrything is working fine when using mp3, but when i upload flacs on the internal storage(or use an sd) they don't even compare, they're "invisible".
The containg folder is uploaded propely but when i open it the flacs are not there.
Has anybody else had this issue? How did you resolve it?
Thnks

What firmware version do you use?

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #77 of 82
Hello, i'm using the most recent firmwares on both daps: V0.12 on 601le and V0.07 on 603. Somebody suggested me to retag the files, so i tried that by using a program called Mp3tag. It didn't work. The strange thing is i have thisproblem not only with flacs i rip from my own cds but also with those i download from the web.  

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #78 of 82
  Hello, i'm using the most recent firmwares on both daps: V0.12 on 601le and V0.07 on 603. Somebody suggested me to retag the files, so i tried that by using a program called Mp3tag. It didn't work. The strange thing is i have thisproblem not only with flacs i rip from my own cds but also with those i download from the web.  

Hm. And are your FLAC albums split into tracks?

Nov 30, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #79 of 82
Yes, i use MPTagThat, when i rip a cd all the tracks are showed and selected on the page and after i press "start rip" every single song is ripped. The program automatically creates the album folder in the selected destination. Anyway i just gave the 603 to a friend and asked him to upload some flacs on it using his laptop, let's what happens...

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #80 of 82
I see. Maybe you could also try some other firmware version, or Rockbox (as an idea).

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #81 of 82
  The trial batch (less than 100 units) of the HM-603 is now available for purchase from the official China website (in Chinese). It is built on the basis of HM-602 with improved power supply and amplifier. The production batch is scheduled to be released in June.

DAC:TDA1543
LPF OpAmp:OP275, OPA2604
Amplifier OpAmp: LT1057
Frequency Range: 20-20K Hz
Distortion: 0.09%
S/N:98 DB
Stereo CrossTalk:74DB(Line Out)
Output Level: 35Ohm 2.7V; 150Ohm 3.2V; 300Ohm 3.3V
Max Output:190mw
Dimension: Width 62mm, Length 103mm, Thickness 26.5mm
Internal Memory:16GB
Battery Life:10 to 13hours

ooh, interesting

Darn! better than the HM602! darn again, I want to listen to this unit then. 
wink.gif

I heard that the difference is just in the power output, much higher.

If the difference is just this, I pass.

Cheers,

Peter

Congratulations to Fang for introducing a new product.
May your sales make you a wealthy man.

Hifiman players make me nervous based on my past experience with them. If this thing is priced right it could be good. But I have a feeling the appropriately named Fang will pump it out at $300+

I have hm801, hm602, and hm603 and I have some experience with hm601 as well. IMHO these are good products, when they came up with hm801 I have lots of complain with UI, storage card compatibility, etc but I think they have improved their offerings with the introduction of hm602, hm601, and now hm603. Some problems with storage card compatibility still persist, but overall products usability becomes better. I enjoy hm603 with dt1350 now..... 

Hi everyone
hifiman hm-603s, I have a problem in the source file of software when installing software on the device, since the device will not open and the computer doesn't see the device now. if I could access the internal memory of the device itself, I think I'd solve the problem, but the computer when inserting the cable, only the sound dit gives and it doesn't recognize the device, could you help me about that. my device will be garbage

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #82 of 82
Hi everyone
hifiman hm-603s, I have a problem in the source file of software when installing software on the device, since the device will not open and the computer doesn't see the device now. if I could access the internal memory of the device itself, I think I'd solve the problem, but the computer when inserting the cable, only the sound dit gives and it doesn't recognize the device, could you help me about that. my device will be garbage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back