HIFIMAN HM-601 Music Player, RE0 IEM and Grammy Award Winners
Mar 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN
Grammy Award Winner Kenny G 

Grammy Award Winner  Gretchen Wilson 

Grammy Award Winner Pat Monahan (Band Train)

Grammy Award Winner Zac brown band

Grammy Award Winner Faith Evans

American Idols Jordin Sparks

American Pie Shannon Elizabeth  

Movie Crash Landing Brandon Barash

NBA Championship Winner Tim Duncan

Mondo Guerra and Seth Henderson

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Apr 21, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 89
I wanted to be cool like them and I was thinking on buying one until I saw that chick with a moustache in the end...

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #7 of 89
Good old Tim Duncan is in to this too?

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #9 of 89
Kenny G uses HiFiMan? Looks like I will not be buying one then. 

In my opinion, if HiFiMan makers want to advertise their products, they should use musicians associated with making great, sincere music... Styles like Jazz, classical, metal, rock doesn't matter, but I'm talking about sincerity. 

For example..

Miles Davis Monster cable tribute earphones...

AKG Quincy Jones headphones. 

I believe AKG, Monster cable did some thinking before coming out with those tribute models.

I would assume that Head-fi'ers, audiophiles also pride themselves on listening to good music. They wouldn't spend all that money and develop their ears for this hobby to listen to processed elevator music.

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #11 of 89
Now that's a lot of earwax being shared.
atsmile.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 89
I notice Fang is getting more saavy marketing wise. Not a bad move at all. I remember when HeadDirect / HifiMan was a small outfit years ago. Oh how times change. Bigger and better things.
Are they using RE0s? RE252s? It's definately one of the Hifiman brand earphones as it's photographed with the classic Hifiman large bi-flange tip.

EDIT: Oh don't worry, silly me asking dumb questions without reading the thread title,

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #13 of 89
Quote:
Kenny G uses HiFiMan? Looks like I will not be buying one then. 

In my opinion, if HiFiMan makers want to advertise their products, they should use musicians associated with making great, sincere music... Styles like Jazz, classical, metal, rock doesn't matter, but I'm talking about sincerity. 

For example..

Miles Davis Monster cable tribute earphones...

AKG Quincy Jones headphones. 

I believe AKG, Monster cable did some thinking before coming out with those tribute models.

I would assume that Head-fi'ers, audiophiles also pride themselves on listening to good music. They wouldn't spend all that money and develop their ears for this hobby to listen to processed elevator music.

When it comes to music, to each his own.  I'm sure there are Kenny G fans here.  A fellow Head-Fi'er I was giving a demo to said to me recently, when asked what kind of music he wanted to hear, said something like, "Anything but classical."  At an audio show last year, I was in a demo room when someone, when rock was being played, said, "Finally, something other than jazz!"  Like I said, to each his own.

As it turns out, I really don't think there's an endorsement deal between Kenny G and HiFiMAN.  HiFiMAN apparently had an exhibit somewhere at the Grammys, and it seems Kenny G came by for a listen.  I'll buy the product on merit, and the HM-601 is a great-sounding product (in my opinion), whether the guy's endorsing it or not (again, I don't think he is).

As for Shannon Elizabeth:  Three photos, and in each one she's smiling and happy, and posing nicely for that last one--I thought that was rather sporting of her.  Hopefully Tim Duncan's pic is a before photo--maybe he was smiling big after he heard the gear. 
smile.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #14 of 89

shannon wearing them trumps kenny g wearing them. Since he was first in the pics and she was last, i totally forgot about kenny g until you reminded me.

Quote:

When it comes to music, to each his own.  I'm sure there are Kenny G fans here.  A fellow Head-Fi'er I was giving a demo to said to me recently, when asked what kind of music he wanted to hear, said something like, "Anything but classical."  At an audio show last year, I was in a demo room when someone, when rock was being played, said, "Finally, something other than jazz!"  Like I said, to each his own.

As it turns out, I really don't think there's an endorsement deal between Kenny G and HiFiMAN.  HiFiMAN apparently had an exhibit somewhere at the Grammys, and it seems Kenny G came by for a listen.  I'll buy the product on merit, and the HM-601 is a great-sounding product (in my opinion), whether the guy's endorsing it or not (again, I don't think he is).

As for Shannon Elizabeth:  Three photos, and in each one she's smiling and happy, and posing nicely for that last one--I thought that was rather sporting of her.  Hopefully Tim Duncan's pic is a before photo--maybe he was smiling big after he heard the gear. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back