HIFIMAN HM-601 Music Player, RE0 IEM and Grammy Award Winners
Apr 22, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #31 of 89
Is it really a big deal? It was just a post of some actors and musicians wearing headphones made by a sponsor of headfi. I personally don't care what celebs do and it never influences me in any of my purchases. What does influence my purchases is headfiers that have been around a lot longer than me and I trust most of the impressions given by them. I would love to own a pair of HE-6s but the money isn't there. I want these because fellow headfiers say they are fantastic headphones, not because I think Shannon Elizabeth is damn hot. I do know that the RE0s were really good but I broke them and never replaced them. So I trust Head Direct with making good stuff that can be enjoyed by headfiers and celebrities.

I also dont think Shannon will be landing some major roles just because she took a pictures in front of a sign wearing headphones.

Quote:
This is obvious hype on the part of Headfi and Celebs to boast sales for Hifiman and the careers of the celebs. It really has no place in our headfi forums/websites. I am sure there are other famous people using Stax, Sennheiser etc that should be mentioned as well. Is this the direction we really want to go?

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #37 of 89

Quote:
drop her a PM is very friendly

Now that You let secret out they'll be no way to PM Her now,  
wink_face.gif
  there's a PM waiting list of about a thousand member's long as I write this  
blink.gif
  I don't think She be friendly for to long, nice going slick! 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #38 of 89

Quote:
This is obvious hype on the part of Headfi and Celebs to boast sales for Hifiman and the careers of the celebs. It really has no place in our headfi forums/websites. I am sure there are other famous people using Stax, Sennheiser etc that should be mentioned as well. Is this the direction we really want to go?

It's in the exact right place, if you don't like dealing with just it stay out of the sponsored forums.

Quote:
That pretty cool.  Link?    Makes sense since he was drafted by the SUPER SONICS.

No link, someone just mentioned it in the NBA playoff thread; they saw him on TV digging some tunes before the first game started. Which probably means he (and perhaps his entire posse) got them for free.

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #39 of 89

Quote:

Why not spread the love? We're not a community of hipsters who go around getting questions about the headphones we're wearing and respond with "Oh these? They're probably from a company you've never heard of". Getting face time with celebrities is an integral way of getting your product known and talked about and keep in mind that Fang is trying to run a business, so why wouldn't he want to get his brand out there and capitalize on sales? No sales, no company.

I really don't see why you have an issue with this.

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #41 of 89
Apr 23, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #45 of 89

Quote:
Why not spread the love? We're not a community of hipsters who go around getting questions about the headphones we're wearing and respond with "Oh these? They're probably from a company you've never heard of". Getting face time with celebrities is an integral way of getting your product known and talked about and keep in mind that Fang is trying to run a business, so why wouldn't he want to get his brand out there and capitalize on sales? No sales, no company.

I really don't see why you have an issue with this.

For real, headphones are products. More sales of quality products mean increased innovation and hopefully lower prices for afficionados of quality sound. Given the current state of music industry and popular interests in music (ie pop music with loads of compression and one-note bass emphasis), audiophile sound (ie accurate and full-spectrum sound) is not likely to be popular anyway.

After all, who cares if you're listening to a rap song where all the emphasis is on the one-note beat. In this instance, all that really matters is getting lost of bass. Getting people to appreciate quality sound means first changing what they listen to, I suspect. In this sense, having Shannon Elizabeth up there promoting them is fine. Having Kenny G up there is pretty contradictory in a lot of ways, but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back