HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Jul 7, 2022 at 10:59 PM Post #1,096 of 2,647
Love mine! Night and day difference.
Oh yeah, to be fair, I'm a fan of the Nugs, too. For me they've transformed several otherwise painful-to-wear headphones into headphones I could wear comfortably all day. But yeah, like others point out, they are pretty ugly, lol. I just happen to not care about that. Don't have to look at them when they're on your head.

Jul 7, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #1,097 of 2,647
How would these be for gaming (FPS), compared to something like the R70x (which I also don't currently own)?... Or just save up for some version of the HD800?

Chain: PC > Monolith USB > Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 > Hart Balanced
Headphones: HD58x | K7xx | Sundara | A900x | iBasso SR2 | Nighthawk | Clear Pro
HD800 will provide better positional cues and are more detailed. Bass while textured with hard hitting low notes, can be on a lean side, which might take some time to adjust after something like HE6SE, overall better build quality and easier to drive, but less forgiving on some material, could be quite cold and analytical.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,098 of 2,647
I'm going to be finally buying this headphone any day now. With regards to Hifiman QC, would anyone recommend buying Adorama's protection plan with it? Or is Hifiman's own warranty good enough?

Jul 9, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #1,099 of 2,647
I'm going to be finally buying this headphone any day now. With regards to Hifiman QC, would anyone recommend buying Adorama's protection plan with it? Or is Hifiman's own warranty good enough?
One year.
You just send pics of the stuck drivers, serial number and invoice.
They provide a RMA.
You sent the defective, no cables/box, only the headphones.
Then they replace them with a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_20220709_151333_086.jpg
    IMG_20220709_151333_086.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #1,100 of 2,647
I just went with the stock warranty. I have bought a ton of headphones and have only had to return one headphone for service, as I recall.

I am wary enough with these headphones that I always put them away after use, handle them gently, added mesh (panty hose) to grill replacements and have not tried different pads.
With the right amp, they really do sing. And of course you need Nuggets. :smile:

Jul 9, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #1,101 of 2,647
I just went with the stock warranty. I have bought a ton of headphones and have only had to return one headphone for service, as I recall.

I am wary enough with these headphones that I always put them away after use, handle them gently, added mesh (panty hose) to grill replacements and have not tried different pads.
With the right amp, they really do sing. And of course you need Nuggets. :smile:
I see that you also have Argons. How do you compare them to the HE6se?

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #1,102 of 2,647
One year.
They provide a RMA.
And if in Europe you need to pay import fees every time it's delivered to your front door.

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #1,103 of 2,647
They provide a RMA.

I totally agree with this. Their customer service is pretty responsive and kind enough, if not perfect.

Also by comparison, I found Adorama's customer service was a little too slow to several inquiries I sent them before.

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #1,104 of 2,647
And if in Europe you need to pay import fees every time it's delivered to your front door.
I feel we're the only ones who understand us :frowning2:

Jul 10, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #1,105 of 2,647
I see that you also have Argons. How do you compare them to the HE6se?
The Argons, to me, are about half of what the HE6se V2's are. It is funny you mention them as I just put them back on a day or two ago. To me, the Argons are not great at anything, but do sound nice. They fare very well on my iFi. They Love bass boost and like good, clean power. Not nearly as hard to drive well as the Hifimans. I keep thinking that I should move them on and then I put them on. They really don't do anything wrong, to me. They cost me about the same as the Hifiman HE-R9's. They sound more "refined", but the HE-R9's are a ton of fun. The Argons will move before the R9's.

To put my opinions into perspective, my top three headphones are Grado GH2's, Focal Elex's and Hifiman HE6se V2's. And I am a quiet listener, as in nothing above 75Db's.

Jul 10, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #1,106 of 2,647
The Argons, to me, are about half of what the HE6se V2's are. It is funny you mention them as I just put them back on a day or two ago. To me, the Argons are not great at anything, but do sound nice. They fare very well on my iFi. They Love bass boost and like good, clean power. Not nearly as hard to drive well as the Hifimans. I keep thinking that I should move them on and then I put them on. They really don't do anything wrong, to me. They cost me about the same as the Hifiman HE-R9's. They sound more "refined", but the HE-R9's are a ton of fun. The Argons will move before the R9's.

To put my opinions into perspective, my top three headphones are Grado GH2's, Focal Elex's and Hifiman HE6se V2's. And I am a quiet listener, as in nothing above 75Db's.
So no reason to buy Argons if you have HE6se?
Elex? What do you like in them?

Jul 10, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #1,107 of 2,647
So no reason to buy Argons if you have HE6se?
Elex? What do you like in them?
The Argons are a nice headphone, but not overly special to me.
The Elex's were the first time that I heard the term W-shaped. And it is so true. Great bass, especially for an open back, very nice mids and enough treble to get you lots of detail.
I hear the Clears are better, but they are also double the price. Probably by the end of the year I will get a used set.
I am going to start clearing some of the gear out in September and I would really like to compare the Clear's against the Elex's.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #1,108 of 2,647
The Argons are a nice headphone, but not overly special to me.
The Elex's were the first time that I heard the term W-shaped. And it is so true. Great bass, especially for an open back, very nice mids and enough treble to get you lots of detail.
I hear the Clears are better, but they are also double the price. Probably by the end of the year I will get a used set.
I am going to start clearing some of the gear out in September and I would really like to compare the Clear's against the Elex's.
Dibs on your Hemps

Jul 10, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #1,109 of 2,647
Dibs on your Hemps
Haven't made the final decisions yet. About another six weeks of playing and tinkering.

Not sure if it would be a great deal with shipping to 'Merica. I am Way north. I usually sell my stuff on CAM (Canuck Audio Mart).

Jul 11, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #1,110 of 2,647
Yes when the source is quite good, enough power, mods, EQ all done well it's better than the Arya, E2, and a host of others.

Doesn't scale the heights of the really outrageous. But as a value proposition it's out of sight. Looking forward to the v3, or the next time some unexpected money rolls in for a Susvara or more money for a stat set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back