HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Jul 6, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #1,081 of 2,647
In case it hasn’t been brought up yet, Arctic Cables now sells laser cut metal replacement grills for these. They look really nice, haven’t had a chance to put them on my pair yet but they’re very nicely made

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #1,082 of 2,647
In case it hasn’t been brought up yet, Arctic Cables now sells laser cut metal replacement grills for these. They look really nice, haven’t had a chance to put them on my pair yet but they’re very nicely made
Just ordered one pair, thanks for the info.

Jul 7, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,083 of 2,647
Jul 7, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #1,084 of 2,647
In case it hasn’t been brought up yet, Arctic Cables now sells laser cut metal replacement grills for these.

Just took a look, very cool grills! Not sure whether this is possible, but larger openings would also look great :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 7, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #1,085 of 2,647
By looking at the close ups it has protective fabric mesh installed, is that how they got shipped or you need to glue mesh from stock grill?
https://www.arcticcables.com/ac-store/AC-Hifiman-Grill-Mod-p461014835
Mine didn’t have any mesh on them.

Here’s how they look installed

image.jpg

Jul 7, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #1,086 of 2,647
Looks grate! Pun intended :)

I have 2 pair coming from member @BowWazoo in the next few days. I'm looking forward to hearing the difference from stock, and also his pics look great.

Jul 7, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #1,087 of 2,647
Mine didn’t have any mesh on them.

Here’s how they look installed

image.jpg

Yes, they do not come preinstalled, you need to reglue or somehow attach them to new ones if you want additional protection for exposed drivers (dust, metal particles attracted by magnets, etc.)
From the instruction on their web page
How to install:

1. Use a flat tool to remove the outer ring and remove the stock grills.

2. Install the new grill with or without the thin filter from the stock grill and insert the outer ring.

BTW, how do you find comfort with this headband, I was trying to use exactly the same on my pair and the weight was just unbearable, I didn't have that extra cushion like yours have, does it really help much?

Jul 7, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #1,088 of 2,647
Yes, they do not come preinstalled, you need to reglue or somehow attach them to new ones if you want additional protection for exposed drivers (dust, metal particles attracted by magnets, etc.)
From the instruction on their web page

BTW, how do you find comfort with this headband, I was trying to use exactly the same on my pair and the weight was just unbearable, I didn't have that extra cushion like yours have, does it really help much?
You were using a ZMF headband? I find this setup extremely comfortable. The strap does a nice job of distributing weight. If you had issues though, you might try the newer ZMF crescent strap. Different padding on the underside of the headband itself, is certainly an upgrade over the regular ones.

Fwiw I did find that these grilles are a little bit smaller than the opening they sit in. Not sure it’s an issue but they have enough play to slide up and down about a millimeter or two.

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #1,089 of 2,647
You were using a ZMF headband? I find this setup extremely comfortable. The strap does a nice job of distributing weight. If you had issues though, you might try the newer ZMF crescent strap. Different padding on the underside of the headband itself, is certainly an upgrade over the regular ones.

Fwiw I did find that these grilles are a little bit smaller than the opening they sit in. Not sure it’s an issue but they have enough play to slide up and down about a millimeter or two.
Yes, this exact model. I wish I could get newer one which supposed to be more lightweight, but unfortunately ZMF only provides them as a repair option for their phones owners. Tried to adjust for a few days then just gave up and went back to stock one, and that was a great relief. Real bummer as really liked how it looked.

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #1,090 of 2,647
Yes, this exact model. I wish I could get newer one which supposed to be more lightweight, but unfortunately ZMF only provides them as a repair option for their phones owners. Tried to adjust for a few days then just gave up and went back to stock one, and that was a great relief. Real bummer as really liked how it looked.
That's kinda shocking to me. I couldn't wear these with the stock headband for more than half an hour or so before I got a massive hotspot right on top of my head. The ZMF one (and I think this might be ZMF Headband Version 1.0) is perfect for me, but I always find ZMF cans comfy. Plus I'm an unabashed fanboy. You might get a suede strap and try it out... I have suede straps on my HE6 and my Auteurs. A bit more cushiony.

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #1,092 of 2,647
The Shane-signal seems to not be working, so I'll mention the Dekoni nuggets on his behalf

Jul 7, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #1,093 of 2,647
The Shane-signal seems to not be working, so I'll mention the Dekoni nuggets on his behalf
Love mine! Night and day difference.

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #1,094 of 2,647
How would these be for gaming (FPS), compared to something like the R70x (which I also don't currently own)?... Or just save up for some version of the HD800?

Chain: PC > Monolith USB > Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 > Hart Balanced
Headphones: HD58x | K7xx | Sundara | A900x | iBasso SR2 | Nighthawk | Clear Pro

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #1,095 of 2,647
How would these be for gaming (FPS), compared to something like the R70x (which I also don't currently own)?... Or just save up for some version of the HD800?

Chain: PC > Monolith USB > Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 > Hart Balanced
Headphones: HD58x | K7xx | Sundara | A900x | iBasso SR2 | Nighthawk | Clear Pro
I think this would be a great FPS can, because the speed, separation and clarity is very good. And your chain (Bifrost 2 => Jot 2) is a good match as well with the HE6se v2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back