HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Mar 12, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #887 of 2,647
I think my stuck driver which has since been replaced was due to the seal created by unported DCA solid pads. With the port in or perforated ZMF pads there’s no crinkle and I’ve seen no issues yet (knock on wood).

Mar 12, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #888 of 2,647
I think my stuck driver which has since been replaced was due to the seal created by unported DCA solid pads. With the port in or perforated ZMF pads there’s no crinkle and I’ve seen no issues yet (knock on wood).
Me too, I was using ZMF stock pads with HE6se and honeycomb grills.

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #891 of 2,647
very impressive. I find it hilarious how I don't even play my music loud enough to even see the it move, yet my driver is still stuck on the side of magnet, while this guys is moving wildly and it fine *sigh*
Hahaha
I'm kinda crazy.
I just turned the sub bass and bass knobs all the way on my Schiit Lokius.
I guess the HE6seV2 can take some EQ, specially under ~6.4W @ 50 Ohm (40W @ 8 Ohm).

Mar 19, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #894 of 2,647
Hmm.. I thought the Lyr-3 did a good job. But it was 90 min and I used audiophile tracks not tortuous tracks to listen.

Mar 20, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #895 of 2,647
Some impressions after burn-in, please take with a grain of salt, i haven't listened to a ton of equipment these are just my impressions and i'm by no means an audiophile

All sound impressions were eq'd using Oratory EQ Settings

Pads tested:
Dekoni Th900 Fenestrated - Improves bass and smoothes treble, more comfortable and fitting the OG Pads
Dekoni Sheepskins - Makes the sound more intense, everything gets amped up, but also a little tighter
Dan Clark Angled Ether Pads - For me this was the biggest change, felt like it drastically improved bass/detail/staging/depth...love the way these sound, these pads made a large experiential change for me

Amps:
Burson Soloist: After the Ether pad swap this was my preference amp to use, after the pad swap it sounds like the HP have access to more of everything basically.
Schitt Lyr2: Before pad swap this powered the HP really well, I probably listen too loud, so the volume was set around 3pm, great bass slam very enjoyable

LCD X Comparison:
My original impression before burn in and pad swap was that the LCD X was smoother, more sophisticated subtler depth cues. I believe this inital impression was accurate, but I think the He6se is more engaging and fun, it's the one I tend to always end back on. Now with the final pad swap, The the hifiman has more depth, more detail...but much drier, almost crisp, bordering on thin...this might sound negative but it's really enjoyable.

attatched the eq settings

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 11.22.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 11.22.12 AM.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #896 of 2,647
Sound very nice but their are times, depending on recording, where it could use more juice

Did somebody tried these with Lyr3?
Yes, the Lyr 3 can drive the HE6seV2. This has been my main go to combination for the last month. I find the Lyr 3 is able to drive my HE6seV2 quite substantially. Volume knob often gets higher than I'm used to (12 o'clock - up to 2 o'clock), when it never gets past 10 to 11 o'clock with my other HPs. The fun factor is there when listening to jazz with alot of drum and bass. Also excellent with pop/rock. This HP is addictive.

Mar 23, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #899 of 2,647
Some impressions after burn-in, please take with a grain of salt, i haven't listened to a ton of equipment these are just my impressions and i'm by no means an audiophile

All sound impressions were eq'd using Oratory EQ Settings

Pads tested:
Dekoni Th900 Fenestrated - Improves bass and smoothes treble, more comfortable and fitting the OG Pads
Dekoni Sheepskins - Makes the sound more intense, everything gets amped up, but also a little tighter
Dan Clark Angled Ether Pads - For me this was the biggest change, felt like it drastically improved bass/detail/staging/depth...love the way these sound, these pads made a large experiential change for me

Amps:
Burson Soloist: After the Ether pad swap this was my preference amp to use, after the pad swap it sounds like the HP have access to more of everything basically.
Schitt Lyr2: Before pad swap this powered the HP really well, I probably listen too loud, so the volume was set around 3pm, great bass slam very enjoyable

LCD X Comparison:
My original impression before burn in and pad swap was that the LCD X was smoother, more sophisticated subtler depth cues. I believe this inital impression was accurate, but I think the He6se is more engaging and fun, it's the one I tend to always end back on. Now with the final pad swap, The the hifiman has more depth, more detail...but much drier, almost crisp, bordering on thin...this might sound negative but it's really enjoyable.

attatched the eq settings
Huzza! Another DCA Ether convert.

On a totally different front I maintain that the Crinicle bass settings are very wrong and based on two very wrong headed uses of data. I'm not alone in this. Basically for these cans a parametric setting for bass would be 38 Hz +2.8 db Q .9 Low Shelf. Next setting at 950 Hz. I use this for my v1 with screens off. Screens on would be more like 2.2.

A setting of +5.5 db at 105 Hz is absolute rubbish.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #900 of 2,647
Thank you for the replies about the Lyr 3. How well this combo react to tube rolling?
Every tube amp and pre amp I have used reacts well to changing tubes - if they are the right ones. All tube and hybrid the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back