HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Oct 18, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #166 of 2,647
can you describe he6se v2 and Schiit Jotunheim 1 how it sounds
Try the singxer fa1 if you can, you would greatly benefit ffrom it
None of my amps produced enjoyable sound with the HifiMan HE6se V2 apart from the four I listed. Not even my Singxer SA-1.
The Jotunheim 1 an 2 were acceptable. There were so many amps in the lineup that I can't recall the specifics. However, when I get home from work, I shall fire up both Jotunheim amps and the Singxer SA-1, and let you know exactly what I heard that led me to my conclusions.

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #167 of 2,647
None of my amps produced enjoyable sound with the HifiMan HE6se V2 apart from the four I listed. Not even my Singxer SA-1.
The Jotunheim 1 an 2 were acceptable. There were so many amps in the lineup that I can't recall the specifics. However, when I get home from work, I shall fire up both Jotunheim amps and the Singxer SA-1, and let you know exactly what I heard that led me to my conclusions.

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #168 of 2,647
Now I'm interested in trying a speaker amp...

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #169 of 2,647
I Love my HE6se V2's, but only out of my iFi Pro iCAN. These are the first planar's I ever loved. And they joined the top of my collection. I have gone through 35 to 40 sets of headphones over the last six years.

My favorites list is now:
1) Grado GH2's
2) Focal Elex's
3) CFA Cascades
And now
4) HiFiman HE6se V2's. To me, these are kind of like an Elex on steroids. I really didn't expect them to be this good.

Put my M1570's on CAM yesterday and sold them this morning. They are now at the post office. The collection is shrinking. Three sets gone in the last month. Two or three more to go.
:L3000:

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #170 of 2,647
tnx
does anyone have flux fa10 and he6se v2 to describe the synergy, is fa10 good enough for he6se v2?

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:13 PM Post #171 of 2,647
I Love my HE6se V2's, but only out of my iFi Pro iCAN.
You are part of the reason I purchased the HE6se V2. I am so happy with it. Maybe you will convince me to get the iFi Pro iCAN next.

Oct 18, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #172 of 2,647
Hey guys quick question.Did anyone NOT get a HiFiMan User Manual with the Adorama?
I got cans,cable w/SE adaptor & Warranty Card but don't see a manual?Thanks much..
Edit:found it,no hard manual,download only..

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #173 of 2,647
You are part of the reason I purchased the HE6se V2. I am so happy with it. Maybe you will convince me to get the iFi Pro iCAN next.
The new one is stupid expensive! However if you sold off several pieces from your amp collection... :smile:
But seriously, if you can find a used one, grab it.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #174 of 2,647
I'm still on the fence about keeping my M1570 or replacing it with a HE6se v2. But @hottyson 's experience with the Singxer SA-1 is holding me back, because that's the amp I'd drive it with. That or my Liquid Platinum.

Like others here, I definitely would appreciate more info about why you don't like the HE6se+Singxer combo, too.

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #175 of 2,647
I know this may sound dumb but, I listen to the hese v2 stock and it literally has a very smooth treble. Maybe the grill mod caused the treble to get to bright?
No, it doesn't. There is another reason(s).

Oct 18, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #176 of 2,647
I didn’t find treble annoying. But then again, I am not super sensitive to treble to begin with. YMMV.

Oct 18, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #177 of 2,647
Okay, I have the HE6se V2 going between the Singxer SA-1 right next to the Schiit Jotunheim 2. Going back and forth here are the comparative differences.
IMG_1722.jpg

Singxer SA-1.
The good: Warm and full
The bad: Muffled, stifled soundstage, Less dynamic

Schiit Jotunheim 2
The good: Open soundstage, clearer imaging (the guitar is right there on the left instead of somewhere on the left), lively dynamic, forward energetic three dimensional presence

Man, while I was at work I was second guessing what I had wrote. But now that I am at home and tunes are playing, this is what I heard and still hear. I still love the Singxer SA-1 as it sounds better with some headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #178 of 2,647
Have you experimented at all the high-gain/low-gain control, or the Hi-Z/Low-Z on the Singxer? I personally haven't experimented with those settings, because my reading suggested setting them both to high was just better, so I did that on my amp's arrival and haven't listened to it in any other modes. I notice you've at least got yours in Low-Z, but I don't know how much of an impact that could have.

Oct 18, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #179 of 2,647
I’m using Roon’s parametric EQ which gives me very fine control if needed - is there an EQ profile you like and can share? (realizing my ears will be different, but may be nice to have a starting point to test out)

I do think you are all onto something - my source amp is probably, for the first time, not up to the job… the most plausible explanation

that said, are there any pads you recommend with the seV2?
I do have a current EQ that works for me (rev ~647) for my v1 (no v2 yet). If you would take a look at the 4 letter site on the HE-6 w/ about 10 pads tested you can see that the pads alone make a huge difference. Our equipment is different. Cables. You don't have my mods. The chances my formula works for you is nil.

However I will give you something much more useful. How I got here. Used Oratory for a baseline (and promptly dumped the recommended bass settings - (I have commented on this wrong headed idiocy elsewhere). Cut all + and - you have in half. Toss out anything under .5db. Look for a waterfall plot where the ringing is worst. My guess ~4.25kHz and ~9kHz. Neither should be set less then -3db on the EQ. You'll be close at this point. Isolate each one and change, then do adjacent pairs.

Let us know.

Oct 18, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #180 of 2,647
Have you experimented at all the high-gain/low-gain control, or the Hi-Z/Low-Z on the Singxer? I personally haven't experimented with those settings, because my reading suggested setting them both to high was just better, so I did that on my amp's arrival and haven't listened to it in any other modes. I notice you've at least got yours in Low-Z, but I don't know how much of an impact that could have.
gain
I spent my first few months with the Singxer SA-1 in low gain. Now, it is set exclusively to high gain. I didn't have a preference so I am staying with high gain for convenience. This is much different than say with the Schiit amplifiers that the sound changes drastically with the high and low gain. The Schiit Jotunheim can sound different but good with either low or high gain depending on the headphone. With the Schiit Magni 3 and Magni 3 plus and Magni Heresy I found that the low gain sounded bad almost all of the time with all of my headphones. I would once in a great while have some franken phone that had poor tonality to begin with that might sound better with low gain on these budget Schiit models.

With the HifiMan HE6se V2, I place it on high gain and the Singxer SA-1 volume is already almost cranked to full volume.

output impedance
The Hi-Z sounds worse than the Low-Z.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back