HifiMan HE6 V2 Adorama
Oct 13, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #136 of 2,647
I hear you, I have 4 audeze cans and they do know how to reproduce bass very well
The he-6se was fairly anemic in the bass department for me without EQ. Now it is quite pleasant. I am pretty high on the gain dial with the Liquid Platinum. I am usually in the 3-4pm range on the volume nob. I have a violectric v281 being delivered in a few days, I would like to see how that performs vs the LP with the 6se.

Oct 13, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #137 of 2,647
The he-6se was fairly anemic in the bass department for me without EQ. Now it is quite pleasant. I am pretty high on the gain dial with the Liquid Platinum. I am usually in the 3-4pm range on the volume nob. I have a violectric v281 being delivered in a few days, I would like to see how that performs vs the LP with the 6se.
Yes, I use bass boost on my Pro iCAN or the Schiit Loki with the LP. I was hanging at 2:00 with the gain from the Loki.
I will be curious to hear what your V281 can do. My V220 can't run them, but I think the V281 has more power.

Oct 13, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #138 of 2,647
Yes, I use bass boost on my Pro iCAN or the Schiit Loki with the LP. I was hanging at 2:00 with the gain from the Loki.
I will be curious to hear what your V281 can do. My V220 can't run them, but I think the V281 has more power.
Into 50Ohms, the v281 and the LP are pretty much the same at around 4watts through balanced. I have to imagine they are gonna be similar from a gain perspective, but I will definitely let you all know how they differ in sound. I was looking for a solid state amp to add to my collection of mostly tube and hybrid amps. The v281 has been around for awhile, but I have been loving the reviews. Unfortunately no way to demo one. I was also looking at the Headamp GSX-Mini, the Audio-gd Master 9, the Flux Labs Volot.

Oct 13, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #139 of 2,647
Into 50Ohms, the v281 and the LP are pretty much the same at around 4watts through balanced. I have to imagine they are gonna be similar from a gain perspective, but I will definitely let you all know how they differ in sound. I was looking for a solid state amp to add to my collection of mostly tube and hybrid amps. The v281 has been around for awhile, but I have been loving the reviews. Unfortunately no way to demo one. I was also looking at the Headamp GSX-Mini, the Audio-gd Master 9, the Flux Labs Volot.
I have always wanted the V281, but they rarely come up and are expensive. My V220 is the stripped down version (less power and no balanced out).

I found the LP brought the power, but needed the Loki to add the bass and the fun.

The Violectric's really do fill out the sound of certain headphones. My Grado's like the bass boost of the iFi, but I prefer the "fullness" that the Violectric brings. I set the gain at -12Db's and I get volume up to 12:00.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #140 of 2,647
I've had all the amps you mentioned except for the Flux labs, my favorite by far is the mini

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #141 of 2,647
There is a new player in town:
The HiFiman Edition XS. They were released today, I believe. They are live on HiFiGo:
https://hifigo.com/products/hifiman-edition-xs

Similar specs, bigger cups, cheaper price and stealth technology.

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #142 of 2,647
There is a new player in town:
The HiFiman Edition XS. They were released today, I believe. They are live on HiFiGo:
https://hifigo.com/products/hifiman-edition-xs

Similar specs, bigger cups, cheaper price and stealth technology.
That’s a great price! That’s even less than I paid for my Edition XX from DROP, and I kind of see it as a successor to that - it is the lowest price HFM has ever introduced for an egg-shaped can.

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #143 of 2,647
Oct 15, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #144 of 2,647

Needs more power for the HE6SE if you feel it's lacking bass, I prefer the HE6SE over my LCD3F for bass and only losing to the TH900 but the trade-offs were worth it for me to sell the other two. I would just save yourself the trouble and go straight to speaker tabs because I felt the exact same way you did with my Soloist amp on high gain and volume knob up, sounds good but anemic and lacking any power.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #145 of 2,647
Just finished grill mod on the HE6se V2.

Bass and sub-bass are execllent.
Mids are nice.
However, treble is sibilant and fatiguing.

Does anyone have any advice how to tame the treble, EQ or otherwise? (I generally enjoy mids and highs)

Attachments

• 2021-10-17 15.26.33.jpg
    2021-10-17 15.26.33.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 17, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #146 of 2,647
Does anyone have any advice how to tame the treble, EQ or otherwise? (I generally enjoy mids and highs)
Maybe try Dekoni Attenuation rings (the ones for use with Fostex)? Maybe thicker foam padding? You'll probably also want to set up your own measuring rig to see what and what doesn't work. If it does work, which frequencies etc.

Otherwise, EQ or attenuation adapters such as ones made by solderdude.

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #147 of 2,647
Maybe try Dekoni Attenuation rings (the ones for use with Fostex)? Maybe thicker foam padding? You'll probably also want to set up your own measuring rig to see what and what doesn't work. If it does work, which frequencies etc.

Otherwise, EQ or attenuation adapters such as ones made by solderdude.

Would the Dekoni attenuation ring also work with their HE pads? (looks like it might be a Fostex specific product)

changing pads may be a good start - I'll check some of the FR charts the various pads have on their website

much appreciated

Oct 17, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #149 of 2,647
Would the Dekoni attenuation ring also work with their HE pads? (looks like it might be a Fostex specific product)

changing pads may be a good start - I'll check some of the FR charts the various pads have on their website

much appreciated
You can also cut the rings to fit your pads really easy. If you just want to try the sound out I suggest to make some yourself its super easy. There is a template with the dimensions online and you can use the lid of ovaltine or hersheys chocolate or any thin plastic, I use a cheap flexible plastic cutting board you can buy at walmart.

Dekoni rings are ok but way over priced and they use thinner plastic then the originals

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back