Hifiman HE6-SE
Oct 18, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #153 of 3,900
My HE6se's have arrived. I did get the HE-Adapter with them. There was a note attached to the box that said "The HE6se must include the HE-Adapter". So I take that as it's up to the distributor to put them in box before shipping them out. Early impressions are these sound fantastic. Now my Hifiman collection is complete

Hifiman Headphones.jpg

Oct 18, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #154 of 3,900
My HE6se's have arrived. I did get the HE-Adapter with them. There was a note attached to the box that said "The HE6se must include the HE-Adapter". So I take that as it's up to the distributor to put them in box before shipping them out. Early impressions are these sound fantastic. Now my Hifiman collection is complete

Is the Susvara close to either of those two in tonality?

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #155 of 3,900

Both of my pair of HE-6 SE came with the adapter and an extra set of the cheap velour pads.

I only need 1 pair as I am going to get something else for my other system so let me know if any of you guys are in the market.

Discount time!!!

:dt880smile:

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #156 of 3,900
Is the Susvara close to either of those two in tonality?
It has the foundation of the HE6's but does everything better. The Susvara's is more extended on both ends of the frequency spectrum. But the treble has better clarity and is more detailed. There just seems to be more air around the notes. The bass hits just as hard but it's more layered and textured. The mids on the Susvara's just sound spot on.

The HE6se's are really good sounding cans. But the Susvara's can do what they can do and best them at it. The Susvara's are just a more nuanced headphone. They are almost eletrostat like in their presentation with better bass.

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #157 of 3,900
Both of my pair of HE-6 SE came with the adapter and an extra set of the cheap velour pads.

I only need 1 pair as I am going to get something else for my other system so let me know if any of you guys are in the market.

Discount time!!!

:dt880smile:
Hmmm, I didn't get the extra pads.

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #158 of 3,900
does anyone find the palipads on the HE6SE, make these sound way too aggressive? When i had a stock HE6 with the velour pads, i never felt that they were as aggressive as i feel they are now. I might have only put 14 hours on this pair, mind you.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #159 of 3,900
does anyone find the palipads on the HE6SE, make these sound way too aggressive? When i had a stock HE6 with the velour pads, i never felt that they were as aggressive as i feel they are now. I might have only put 14 hours on this pair, mind you.

The HE-6 SE should come with velour pads along with the HE adapter. If your cans did not come with either of these, your dealer should send them to you free of charge. Contact HiFiMan and they will tell you the same.

I use a Litz copper cable with mine and this allows me to keep the stock pads in place. I also use a pure copper USB cable and pure copper interconnects.

This has something to do with what I'm hearing. They are definitely not too bright or sharp to my ears with the above mentioned cables in place.

I also have over 250 hours on my pair though. Keep running them in and see how they sound. I love mine and will not be giving them up unless I make the jump to Susvara. Susvara is just too expensive though so I don't see that happening..

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #160 of 3,900
Okay cable differences are negligible unless we are talking about surface area and strand count. Also, the guy i originally got this from never got the adapter or extra pads originally with them, so its no surprise someone had to put notes in Hifiman's shipping department regarding the inclusion of these items, as someone else posted. I do have a pair of the Stock Hifiman Velours, but i worry if theyll work because the headband doesn't pivot at all like old stock & he560 headbands did. I also dont have rings yet either.....

i just wanted to know from someone else if the pads are what im hearing, or if something else inside has changed, or I havent burned them in enough, yet.

Oct 29, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #162 of 3,900
Since you put 250hrs on yours, id wager a guess thats the difference youre hearing. Not the cables.

To each their own as far as cables are concerned.

There is a huge difference between silver, copper, and silver/ copper cables. If you can't hear the difference, that's unfortunate.

Cables do indeed make a difference and I use all of the above to 'voice' my headphones AFTER I break them in.

HiFiMan stock cables are terrible and I've yet to take a single pair out of the box after hearing my friend's stock cables.

If you don't believe in cables, that's your choice but don't assume what I'm hearing isn't due to my cables. Every part of your system matters and that includes your digital, analog, and headphone cables.

It's pretty easy to hear a difference with a simple A-B test.

YMMV obviously...

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #164 of 3,900
Its actually ok in terms of comfort. Its not the comfiest headphone I have owned or tried, but it is perfectly wearable and not the worst I have tried by any means. I'd recommend the HE6se with no problem, depending on what amp you have to pair with it.
With respect to amp pairing, has anyone tried pairing the HE6SE with a HiFiMan EF6 amp?
It seems that the EF6 has enough power but not a lot seems to be written about the EF6 anymore and any opinions on the EF6/HE6SE combo would be appreciated.

Has anyone tried the Cavalli MCTH for compatibility with the original HE6 or the HE6 SE?

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #165 of 3,900
With respect to amp pairing, has anyone tried pairing the HE6SE with a HiFiMan EF6 amp?
It seems that the EF6 has enough power but not a lot seems to be written about the EF6 anymore and any opinions on the EF6/HE6SE combo would be appreciated.

Has anyone tried the Cavalli MCTH for compatibility with the original HE6 or the HE6 SE?

It should have the exact same results as the HE6 paired with the EF6; if I recall correctly several members thought that other amps were better. Can't remember why but check the HE6 thread for absolute details .
Any pairing that worked or didn't work with the HE6 should be identical on the HE6se.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back