= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Nov 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #1,336 of 1,710
All Tyll did in that video was extracting the drivers, which is simple (pop off the earpads, unscrew the driver-retaining ring, de-solder the driver connections and they come right out).

As for other things like detaching the cups / gimbals etc from eachother, I haven't seen or tried nothing.

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,339 of 1,710
  Is step 6 (Outer Damping Holes for HE-500) recommended for the HE-400s?  

I tried doing a search in the thread, but the keywords were pretty broad.

No, IMO it's only really needed with HE500.

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #1,341 of 1,710
Dec 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #1,343 of 1,710
Yeah, got it mixed up, even after reading it several times.

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #1,345 of 1,710
Just had a harrowing experience inside a Michaels craft store searching for jergpad parts. Was completely lost under mile high racks full of millions of items. Modulor's instructions said to go to the scrapbooking section. Joke's on us it turns out because the ENTIRE store is one big scrapbooking section. Finally a worker found me wandering aimlessly and asked me what I was looking for. I mumbled "creatology". She seemed to know what I was going to say and brought me to the right place before I could get all the words out. My guess is that the only other male to venture into this store in the past decade was also constructing a set of jergpads.

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #1,346 of 1,710
Just had a harrowing experience inside a Michaels craft store searching for jergpad parts. Was completely lost under mile high racks full of millions of items. Modulor's instructions said to go to the scrapbooking section. Joke's on us it turns out because the ENTIRE store is one big scrapbooking section. Finally a worker found me wandering aimlessly and asked me what I was looking for. I mumbled "creatology". She seemed to know what I was going to say and brought me to the right place before I could get all the words out. My guess is that the only other male to venture into this store in the past decade was also constructing a set of jergpads.

lol

At least they typically have attractive ladies working there. Then again, that proves to be another distraction.

Dec 7, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #1,347 of 1,710

Now you need to go to a fabric store to take sewing lessons  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back