= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Apr 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,621 of 1,710
  Thank you, it was just that you said the new pads were brighter so I thought of J$ which have a kind of cold, yet distanced sound in my opinion, from my memory etc.

Yeah my ears are very discriminating when it comes to subtle tonal balance differences. Ultimately the new Hifiman pads are very close in sound to the final version of Jergpads on an absolute level, compared to alternative earpads I've tried. And it is no surprise, since the two are quite analogous in features - both have internal damping features, velour tops, angling (backvents vs intrinsic angling).

May 22, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #1,622 of 1,710
Has anyone heard anything from Modulor on his last batch of Jergpads?
Just curious. It has been awhile since anything was mentioned.

May 28, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,626 of 1,710
  I got my pair from modular just recently, so don't worry guys.  I did the back vent mod, seems like one side rumbles more than the other, does anyone else experience that?

I wasn't really worried, but it has been awhile since I heard from him. No response to my PM of about a week ago either.
When did you get your pads?

I got a PM from Modulor. All is good. He is in the process of shipping the orders. He said that mine may well go out this weekend.

YESSSS !!

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #1,627 of 1,710
I got the pads from Modulor. I have only about 2 hours of listening with them, but I like what I hear. I had spent lots of time getting EQ curves set up for the 400s. I even found that the Foobar Dolby headphone plugin did some nice things for the 400s. There was always (maybe I read too much on these boards) a nagging thought about resonances and enough sibilance to be a bit aggravating at times. The Jergpads made a very significant difference. I have been listening flat with no processing. Female voices are much nicer as is the low end. I think I will get back to listening to the 400s more now.

BTW, Modulor did a great job on making these pads.

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,628 of 1,710
Thanks for the update. I will send modulor a PM as well to see if I can get some pads from him. I currently have mine EQ'd to tone down the highs and it works well but would be nice to not have to do turn on EQ all of the time.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,630 of 1,710
Yes, for me anyway. I got a PM with tracking info about a day or so before they actually shipped.

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #1,633 of 1,710
  do you guys know if most ppl have already received their pair of jergpads or if they should have received it by now? I have not heard back at all, so I was just wondering. 

I personally talked to modulor probably 1-2 weeks ago and he had told me he's just still trying to find time to get all the orders out i believe. If you guys are really concerned, I can probably contact him and ask for you, but just be patient is all I'd suggest as for right now.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,635 of 1,710
so I saw someone say that the 560 pads are very similar to the jerg pads.  Did they mean this?  http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=198  Because I am so tempted right now.  Just need to confirm they are the right ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back