= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Mar 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #1,606 of 1,710
Modulor pads 2.0 and hot treble???? Ru sure? Ur the first who said that..

Actaully, he's the third one to state such a thing. Me, someone else I don't remember and Nimzerz.

Whether we are talking about the same thing.. I'm not sure. I'm just talking about what I hear as a slight edge in the upper mids, mainly heard on vocals and instruments for me. But I'm going off memory here.

Presently, I am using velours for both my 5le and 500.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #1,607 of 1,710
  Actaully, he's the third one to state such a thing. Me, someone else I don't remember and Nimzerz.

Whether we are talking about the same thing.. I'm not sure. I'm just talking about what I hear as a slight edge in the upper mids, mainly heard on vocals and instruments for me. But I'm going off memory here.

Presently, I am using velours for both my 5le and 500.

Pretty much yeah

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #1,608 of 1,710
The lower treble region has a "null" with stock earpads, which is largely filled up with the modding.  That should be pretty apparent from the waterfall plots in the first post of this thread. It should be giving that region more neutrality and completeness, but if you are sensitive in those frequencies it can be more fatiguing.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #1,609 of 1,710
  The lower treble region has a "null" with stock earpads, which is largely filled up with the modding.  That should be pretty apparent from the waterfall plots in the first post of this thread. It should be giving that region more neutrality and completeness, but if you are sensitive in those frequencies it can be more fatiguing.

Makes sense. Just goes to show that neutral doesn't always mean better to some though. Definitely sounds better, if only it wasn't also more fatiguing.

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #1,610 of 1,710

Makes sense. Just goes to show that neutral doesn't always mean better to some though. Definitely sounds better, if only it wasn't also more fatiguing.

Of course, the pads are perfect.  Your ears are screwed up.  Simple as that.

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #1,611 of 1,710
Apr 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #1,614 of 1,710
Where can I score some of these pads!? Just got a pair of he 400s, my first hifiman product:)

At this point it's very hard to get a pair, you might have to scan the FS/T forums every day and hope someone with a used pair is giving them up.

And I agree with @DaemonSire that the new Hifiman pads (which took a lot of design changes from this earpad mod) are worth waiting for. The only thing is that they are less dark compared to properly-made Jergpads, yet have better soundstage, so your HE400 will be attenuated a bit differently depending on the earpads.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #1,615 of 1,710
How are they compared to J$ pads, sounds like they are not too far off?

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #1,616 of 1,710

Comfort-wise J$ pads don't even come close.

As for sound, the balance is better on these than on J$s (I always found those to be too V-shaped with a lot of upper mids energy) too.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,617 of 1,710
Where can you get the 560/400i pads? I'd like to give these a try since ther jergpads can't be found so easily anymore. I do like the velour ones that i have for my he-400 but if these pads aren't bad in price I'd get some.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #1,618 of 1,710
  Where can you get the 560/400i pads? I'd like to give these a try since ther jergpads can't be found so easily anymore. I do like the velour ones that i have for my he-400 but if these pads aren't bad in price I'd get some.

All that is TBD at the moment.  Stay tuned.

Apr 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #1,620 of 1,710

Comfort-wise J$ pads don't even come close.

As for sound, the balance is better on these than on J$s (I always found those to be too V-shaped with a lot of upper mids energy) too.

Thank you, it was just that you said the new pads were brighter so I thought of J$ which have a kind of cold, yet distanced sound in my opinion, from my memory etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back