= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Feb 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,591 of 1,710
as per the backvent issue,

I too ended up taking them off. there was an increase in bass, a bit on the bassy side for me.
Not to mention, i think it made the clampening effect of the headphones feel even worse. (I'm sure this can be explained)

it does increase soundstage, but I'd recommend the grilling mod too for that. I did the grilling mod and ended up taking the backvent mod off.

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,592 of 1,710
  what headband do you use? it looks very nice!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00862522A/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use these from audio equip, (it's the one on the first post of the he 400 thread by Mattcg).

at first I thought it was more comfortable, but after prolonged use I'm not sure if it really is (still an upgrade, but not sure how much). but it's worth a purchase because it's usable with many other headphones too.

Ideally I could just do what wje did to his headband, but I've pretty much maxed out my he 400 with all the available mods at this point and am planning to move on to the he-560 unless the reviews are unanimously bad.

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,594 of 1,710
Is there a way to order there jergpads already made, or do you have to do everything manually?

Pm modulor for info..he made mine..

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #1,595 of 1,710
You just missed the l
  Is there a way to order there jergpads already made, or do you have to do everything manually?

I'm also looking for a pair.  Unfortunately, we just missed out on the latest batch of Jerpads from Modular.  Hopefully he'll do another batch so that I can get a pair of these as I really want to try them out and can't make them myself.

Mar 14, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,597 of 1,710
Attached Q701 pads to my HE-400, the results were mixed. Comfort was great, the sound was not.
I'd expect this mod to work out much better on the HE-500, ended up going back to Jergpads.

Here is a photo of various pads for comparison.

If you're interested, take a look here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/710122/hifiman-akg-q701-hybrid-earpad-mod

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #1,598 of 1,710
I just discovered jergpads were the source for the hot treble I was annoyed with... What. The velours sound way better IMO now. How did I not realize this before?!
mad.gif
Of course, this is my own opinion.

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #1,601 of 1,710
I just discovered jergpads were the source for the hot treble I was annoyed with... What. The velours sound way better IMO now. How did I not realize this before?! :mad: Of course, this is my own opinion.

Modulor pads 2.0 and hot treble???? Ru sure? Ur the first who said that..as to me they were much more neutral sounding then the standard velour pads i used on my he500 before i got my modulor pads (jergpads) 2.0... It was a very clear change in sound! Treble got less sibilence...

By the way for anyone interested (modulor?): check the review out about my new amp with my code-x headphone...its not finished yet..but hope to finish it today. :wink: So check out the review noted in my signature under this post :wink:

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #1,602 of 1,710
Modulor pads 2.0 and hot treble???? Ru sure? Ur the first who said that..as to me they were much more neutral sounding then the standard velour pads i used on my he500 before i got my modulor pads (jergpads) 2.0... It was a very clear change in sound! Treble got less sibilence...

By the way for anyone interested (modulor?): check the review out about my new amp with my code-x headphone...its not finished yet..but hope to finish it today.
wink.gif
So check out the review noted in my signature under this post
wink.gif

It's not the sibilance that bothers me, though. It's the forward sounding percussion sounds. I'm almost surprised I'm the first one to say that though.... :/
It's one reason why I want to consider audeze, since I think I might be pretty sensitive to treble. And also, I was kinda over-exaggerating in that comment but everything I said is true.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,603 of 1,710
It's not the sibilance that bothers me, though. It's the forward sounding percussion sounds. I'm almost surprised I'm the first one to say that though.... :/
It's one reason why I want to consider audeze, since I think I might be pretty sensitive to treble. And also, I was kinda over-exaggerating in that comment but everything I said is true.

As u maybe know i am extremey sensitive to treble also..thats why i liked the modulor pads so much...the velours were to bright..but the pleathers to dark...but am talking about the he500..not the he400 as that phone drove me literarely nuts..even headaches sometimes.(but that agressive SQ is what others like most!).after 4 months i sold it for the he500..and it improved a lot..but i have to say the sound improved when i did the open jerg grill mod..the sound got wider and less in ur face (if u can say that about a he500!)... But i think a lcd3 wont help u much..maybe a lcd 2.2 will..but u will loose the midrange beauty of the he500..and u have to find the right amp for the lcd 2.2.
I wish u good luck and fun finding the right headphone that will make u happy..as thats what most important..i found mine..by accident i have to say..well thats the story of my life..best things that happened to me was by accident :wink:

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #1,604 of 1,710
IDK, I'll have to try the LCD-2.2 soon and see how I like it. I've heard the midrange is similar, no? Bass could be considered better or similar, and treble could be said to be worse since it doesn't have much sparkle and is recessed--but I'll probably like that anyways.

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #1,605 of 1,710
IDK, I'll have to try the LCD-2.2 soon and see how I like it. I've heard the midrange is similar, no? Bass could be considered better or similar, and treble could be said to be worse since it doesn't have much sparkle and is recessed--but I'll probably like that anyways.

I listened to the lcd 2.2 for a short while..around 15min or so on the modded 337 i had..and although i agree with most of what u just stated the midrange on the he500 is one of the sweetest around..the lcd 2.2 is different..a bit more sirupy and a bit more closed in compared to the he500...but soundstage was a bit better...but it was on my tube amp..so maybe with a good ss amp the midrange will open up more on the lcd 2.2.. imho ofcourse..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back