= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Jan 28, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #1,531 of 1,710
Speak for yourself buddy.  Let's not start something else here, even with your big a.. IMHO.  :D
I have no problem listening to HE500/Emo at moderate volume(9ish) for 3, 4 hours straight.  While I can't listen as long and as loud to HD800/WA22.  Each of us has different tolerance to different sound signature, music loudness,.... 

I could listen to my rig for 10hours straight without any fatique or ringing or headaches...3 hours is nothing in my book..my amp just got warmed up to sound on its best after an hour or so :D
But let us not open a can of worms here again..we have different hearing :wink:

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #1,532 of 1,710
I haven't been on HF as long as some of you here but the HE500 has always been my #1 visited thread on this forum.  First thread I check out daily when I log on. 
redface.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #1,533 of 1,710
  I haven't been on HF as long as some of you here but the HE500 has always been my #1 visited thread on this forum.  First thread I check out daily when I log on. 
redface.gif

Same. Mostly for the reason because I know the people on that thread.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #1,534 of 1,710
I could listen to my rig for 10hours straight without any fatique or ringing or headaches...3 hours is nothing in my book..my amp just got warmed up to sound on its best after an hour or so
biggrin.gif

But let us not open a can of worms here again..we have different hearing
wink.gif

I can never sit still for 10 hours listening to music, especially with HPs.  So far, 5 hr is max.  Years ago with speakers, the whole day was the norm but of course, i was walking around the whole time.  Who knows, speakers might be back again soon for me.  My turntable is coming Friday.  3rd time!  
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #1,535 of 1,710
I can never sit still for 10 hours listening to music, especially with HPs.  So far, 5 hr is max.  Years ago with speakers, the whole day was the norm but of course, i was walking around the whole time.  Who knows, speakers might be back again soon for me.  My turntable is coming Friday.  3rd time!  :p

I know what u mean about the speaker tingie..later this year i am going to decide what speaker rig to get for my new house of which i will get the keys of next september or so according to the builders schedule....so i will be going to speakers also then i am guessing..as i will have a dedicated listening room then..wifey approved that..yeah!! :D

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #1,536 of 1,710
Good news..they unblocked our beloved thread..yeah.
They probably read our posts here :wink:
Go moderators!
Power to the people!! Oopsie :D

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #1,537 of 1,710
Well, nothing real bad happened on that thread.. seen much worse. It was mostly just tensions.. except for the dude calling people fascists. But we were getting back on track before hell broke loose anyway.. I don't think the mods needed to lock the thread, but deleting the irrelevant posts was probs a good decision. 

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #1,538 of 1,710
I have just noticed, thought not bad, some EDM is a little less engaging when I have Jergpads on, as these are a little more laid back in the treble, they don't provide that "sparkle" as with the velours. They are still great for most EDM cause of the increase in bass extension and impact, but that treble was nice on the velours every now and again in a couple songs (such as Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine--the strumming at the beginning was nice with that elevated treble).

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,539 of 1,710
  I have just noticed, thought not bad, some EDM is a little less engaging when I have Jergpads on, as these are a little more laid back in the treble, they don't provide that "sparkle" as with the velours. They are still great for most EDM cause of the increase in bass extension and impact, but that treble was nice on the velours every now and again in a couple songs (such as Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine--the strumming at the beginning was nice with that elevated treble).

What can you do, most EDM are mastered for the sake of very coloured sound systems.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #1,540 of 1,710
^ very true

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #1,541 of 1,710
What can you do, most EDM are mastered for the sake of very coloured sound systems.

With colored systems u means bassheavy and lacking mids soundsignatures?

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,543 of 1,710
Jan 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #1,544 of 1,710
I already notice the foam from the pads sticking out, but there should be no reason to worry unless it is affecting the pad depth, right? I don't see why it would be bad for the pads or sound in any ways, so yeah. The foam wedges that Ryan included in the pads adds more depth to the pads, meaning that my ears are nice and roomy either way.

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #1,545 of 1,710
Wouldn't go as far as saying most EDM…a few funky labels for sure have some weird stuff going on, but it's been getting much better. Especially if you have been involved with the genre for some time, it makes filtering through crap quite easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back