= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #1,516 of 1,710
A bit offtopic..but i just found out the moderators locked the he500 appreciation thread for some reason.....i feel sorry for the newbies who need help to find the right info for their he500 or info about the he500 in general.... I loved being on that thread and had been there for 3 years an active poster there...
People have to watch their words when posting...the mOderators are very strict on what not to say or how to act according to their rules..and some of us forgot that..with this result..hope those people learn from this...as with their behavior they single handly took out a very informative database for people owning a he500 or wanting to buy one. ..again a thread got locked because of people not obeying the rules of posting here..
redface.gif

That's partly cause of me... tho it was a result of others' bad behavior that caused mine :/

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #1,517 of 1,710
I read the last 2 pages of that thread.  What they locked it anyway??? I've seen worse on HF.  Some mods here are really having a power trip.  Ridiculous ...

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #1,518 of 1,710
  I read the last 2 pages of that thread.  What they locked it anyway??? I've seen worse on HF.  Some mods here are really having a power trip.

Agreed, but they did delete my post, as well as a few others' posts. But again, I agree.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #1,519 of 1,710
Oh, I've already removed the cloth and done the mod :p
Edit: wow that bass...i've never heard anything like it. I haven't even added the adhesives yet. Flat to 25hz. Prob better than LCD2, but i've never heard an audeze yet :p

I told u :wink:

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,520 of 1,710
I read the last 2 pages of that thread.  What they locked it anyway??? I've seen worse on HF.  Some mods here are really having a power trip.  Ridiculous ...

They deleted all the post concerning that discussion....from beginning to end..even my 'hush hush..relax people' post at the end was deleted..strange is that everyone agreed they went to far and wanted to go back ontopic..but i guess it was to late..
In my opinion the reason why they locked it was because that 'newbie' called ..quoting his post: most of the people here are fascists just after a very heated conversation about..well..nothing... And another started to act in a very personal way..not headfi worthy...why people dont learn from all those locked threads in the past..the moderators are not to be messed about..they are like god here...and very very strict..and i am guessing that last discussion went to personal for their taste and using that word i mentioned did the job...finito..adios, closed, fechado, gesloten etc.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #1,521 of 1,710
Wow, now I know what that person was saying before about fatigue. That bass really is becoming fatiguing lol. I need to get used to these :p

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,522 of 1,710
Wow, now I know what that person was saying before about fatigue. That bass really is becoming fatiguing lol. I need to get used to these :p

U just have to learn to lower the volume a bit..and keep on doing that until a point ur surprised at how low volume u still can hear the music perfectly..u will see that that fatique will get less then.. :D

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,523 of 1,710
U just have to learn to lower the volume a bit..and keep on doing that until a point ur surprised at how low volume u still can hear the music perfectly..u will see that that fatique will get less then..
biggrin.gif

That's one of my gripes against the emotiva tho, it's hard to get to that really low volume without that imbalance kicking in at near 7:00. Of course I will not touch the windows volume control--100%. But yeah, I did turn it down and it's a little better :)

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,524 of 1,710
That's one of my gripes against the emotiva tho, it's hard to get to that really low volume without that imbalance kicking in at near 7:00. Of course I will not touch the windows volume control--100%. But yeah, I did turn it down and it's a little better :)

I will totally blunt here..i always thought the emotiva is just to powerful to drive the he500 without getting headaches on longer listening sessions..or u must have a hearing problem....u would be better off with a good quality 1watt plus headphone amp..the he500 pairs very well with some mentioned hybrid and tube amps..they are affordable and u have more control over ur volume..especially when u turn it down a notch so u wont frie ur brain..IMHO ofcourse...

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #1,525 of 1,710
IDK, I could use resistors... I would love to be able to reach a little lower volume than what I can get to right now :/
I believe part of the reason for my fatigue was actually because of my slightly low blood sugar, plus not eating for a long time now because I was having too much fun with the Jergpads :3
But you do have a good point. I might end up trying resistors.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #1,526 of 1,710

I've been on that thread for around 2-3 years. A part of me just died.
frown.gif
  I really want to see what the deleted content was all about. Why couldn't the mods simply delete the posts like they've done and just communicated to the those individuals rather than disable a thread that was so useful to others.

EDIT: Just for kicks, I checked up on my stats for that thread. I have like 23 pages of material just by myself. Started on that thread back when I had the Fiio E10, then got Emotiva, then LCD-2, then sold both, then LCD-3, finally the Marantz. Made a few friends over there in the process.

Anyways, back to the topic. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #1,527 of 1,710
I will totally blunt here..i always thought the emotiva is just to powerful to drive the he500 without getting headaches on longer listening sessions..or u must have a hearing problem....u would be better off with a good quality 1watt plus headphone amp..the he500 pairs very well with some mentioned hybrid and tube amps..they are affordable and u have more control over ur volume..especially when u turn it down a notch so u wont frie ur brain..IMHO ofcourse...

Speak for yourself buddy.  Let's not start something else here, even with your big a.. IMHO.  
biggrin.gif

I have no problem listening to HE500/Emo at moderate volume(9ish) for 3, 4 hours straight.  While I can't listen as long and as loud to HD800/WA22.  Each of us has different tolerance to different sound signature, music loudness,.... 

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,528 of 1,710

I've been on that thread for around 2-3 years. A part of me just died.
frown.gif
  I really want to see what the deleted content was all about. Why couldn't the mods simply delete the posts like they've done and just communicated to the those individuals rather than disable a thread that was so useful to others.

EDIT: Just for kicks, I checked up on my stats for that thread. I have like 23 pages of material just by myself. Started on that thread back when I had the Fiio E10, then got Emotiva, then LCD-2, then sold both, then LCD-3, finally the Marantz. Made a few friends over there in the process.

+1.
That's why I said what I said.  Ridiculous...

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,529 of 1,710
IDK, I could use resistors... I would love to be able to reach a little lower volume than what I can get to right now :/
I believe part of the reason for my fatigue was actually because of my slightly low blood sugar, plus not eating for a long time now because I was having too much fun with the Jergpads :3
But you do have a good point. I might end up trying resistors.

As far i know resistors introduces noise into the line..but try it..maybe it will help :wink: there were some guys on the he500 thread being masters about that resistor thingie and what to get.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #1,530 of 1,710
I've been on that thread for around 2-3 years. A part of me just died.:frowning2:   I really want to see what the deleted content was all about. Why couldn't the mods simply delete the posts like they've done and just communicated to the those individuals rather than disable a thread that was so useful to others.

I have been there since 2011 also..so u can say i am just like u one of the dinosauruses there..i will miss it :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back