= Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 =
Jan 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,501 of 1,710
  ^ oh oh,  master sewer is back at it again. 
tongue.gif

Triumphant return haha...yes, it is true...I just decided today after looking at my long term schedule.

For those interested and looking for more details, just shoot me a PM!  I've already replied to a few PMs from today, as well as 'PMs of interest' dating back to Dec.

Jan 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #1,502 of 1,710
  Triumphant return haha...yes, it is true...I just decided today after looking at my long term schedule.

For those interested and looking for more details, just shoot me a PM!  I've already replied to a few PMs from today, as well as 'PMs of interest' dating back to Dec.

beerchug.gif

Will you have a trade-in program? 
biggrin.gif
  Mine doesn't smell as good anymore.

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #1,504 of 1,710
Now I know what people means with cavey in relation to pleather and HE-500! Compared to HE-5le with damping holes in the pads, the HE-500 sounds... closed and cavey

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #1,505 of 1,710
Now I know what people means with cavey in relation to pleather and HE-500! Compared to HE-5le with damping holes in the pads, the HE-500 sounds... closed and cavey
How do they compare with the same pads though? :p

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #1,506 of 1,710
That is indeed the question but first I'll slab on some velour pads for both of them for a more fair comparison

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #1,507 of 1,710

beerchug.gif

Will you have a trade-in program? 
biggrin.gif
  Mine doesn't smell as good anymore.

New accessory official announcement: I call it 'the refresher tab' which is basically scented paper you can use to revitalize your pads.  In other words, I have some old Cosmos and Vogue around the office here...do you want Bieber's The Key or Lady Gaga Fame?

Jørgpâd Eau de Cologne... por homme.  There's some real untapped endorsement potential here 
cool.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,508 of 1,710
  New accessory official announcement: I call it 'the refresher tab' which is basically scented paper you can use to revitalize your pads.  In other words, I have some old Cosmos and Vogue around the office here...do you want Bieber's The Key or Lady Gaga Fame?

Jørgpâd Eau de Cologne... por homme.  There's some real untapped endorsement potential here 
cool.gif

beerchug.gif
I like it

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #1,510 of 1,710
Jan 28, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,511 of 1,710
Just received my pads today... I'm pretty much speechless. The only thing I have against them is the fact that the treble is a little less than what I'd want, but the mid-->treble transition is great, so it kind of makes up for it :)

Edit: Man, the more and more I listen, I hear much a much more coherent....sound. Mid-treble is so smooth and natural, the mids are very clean sounding and retained that thick sound to it that I hoped it would from the pleathers. I can't say anything bad about the HE-500 at this point...

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #1,512 of 1,710
A bit offtopic..but i just found out the moderators locked the he500 appreciation thread for some reason.....i feel sorry for the newbies who need help to find the right info for their he500 or info about the he500 in general.... I loved being on that thread and had been there for 3 years an active poster there...
People have to watch their words when posting...the mOderators are very strict on what not to say or how to act according to their rules..and some of us forgot that..with this result..hope those people learn from this...as with their behavior they single handly took out a very informative database for people owning a he500 or wanting to buy one. ..again a thread got locked because of people not obeying the rules of posting here.. :xf_eek:

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #1,513 of 1,710
Just received my pads today... I'm pretty much speechless. The only thing I have against them is the fact that the treble is a little less than what I'd want, but the mid-->treble transition is great, so it kind of makes up for it :)

Edit: Man, the more and more I listen, I hear much a much more coherent....sound. Mid-treble is so smooth and natural, the mids are very clean sounding and retained that thick sound to it that I hoped it would from the pleathers. I can't say anything bad about the HE-500 at this point...

Justbtry the opengrill mod also...if u wanna test it first..take out the grills from both sides....and while listening push them against the opening again..and then close ur eyes and see if u hear the soundstage widening while u pushnthem away and closing in when u have them pushed on the phone again...its easy test...try it..for me with the modulor pads it gave that little extra in soundquality :wink:

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,514 of 1,710
Justbtry the opengrill mod also...if u wanna test it first..take out the grills from both sides....and while listening push them against the opening again..and then close ur eyes and see if u hear the soundstage widening while u pushnthem away and closing in when u have them pushed on the phone again...its easy test...try it..for me with the modulor pads it gave that little extra in soundquality
wink.gif

Nimzerz is very advanced when it comes to HE500.  Trust me on this !  
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,515 of 1,710
Justbtry the opengrill mod also...if u wanna test it first..take out the grills from both sides....and while listening push them against the opening again..and then close ur eyes and see if u hear the soundstage widening while u pushnthem away and closing in when u have them pushed on the phone again...its easy test...try it..for me with the modulor pads it gave that little extra in soundquality
wink.gif

Oh, I've already removed the cloth and done the mod :p
Edit: wow that bass...i've never heard anything like it. I haven't even added the adhesives yet. Flat to 25hz. Prob better than LCD2, but i've never heard an audeze yet :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back