1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMan HE4XX

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ProtegeManiac, Aug 2, 2017.
First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last
  1. pjyi
    I've been told to stay away from full tube amp like LD or DV. I got CTH for my 4XX.

2. mrjimmybob
    So is the Cavalli Tube Hybrid a good match for the HE-4XX ? Does it drive them well?, sound good ?

I have heard that the CTH is better suited for high impedance headphones.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD-6XX and they match well with the CTH and with the Little Dot mk II but I doubt I can keep both. To my ears they sound very similar.

I also have a pair of Audio Technica ATH A900X that are very easy to drive and the HE-4XX on the way, so I will need an amp for lower impedance headphones.

Thanks, have fun.

3. pjyi
    0615181155_HDR.jpg
    I'm actually trying it out at this very moment and I gotta say.. I've never been this satisfied with my set up (better than Aune X1S + Audio Technica R70X) ever.
    I am still swapping tubes and trying different genres, but so far, I am very satisfied.
    Vali 2 was okay match with 4XX, but I feel like CTH is more capable of bringing 4XX to its full potential.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    trellus likes this.
  4. Slashn77
    Just got my 4XX in the mail today.

How many hours of burn in is recommended?

I threw em in right out of the box because I couldn’t resist and they’re all right but they don’t touch my HD 650’s and this is my first planar I am mainly a IEM portable user 80% of the top but needed a couple different headphones for when I am at my desk using modi Magni 3

5. pjyi
    I guess it depends on your preference. I found a sweet spot after some EQing and tube rolling on my CTH amp (reflector being my favorite). Now I prefer this over Any of the sennheiser 600 series except for 660s (I haven't had a chance to hear it yet).

And I personally don't believe in burnins I think "getting used to" is more proper term. It's almost as if our brain is tuning into it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  6. dgindlespergerd
    Yes on the burn in. Planars need it.

7. bagwell359
    100 hours, mixed music and test tones. No question it helps.

8. lumohomo06
    These are back.
    I own HE560, the headband breaks easily.
    How about the headband of HE400, looks all metal.

9. Bhargu
    Wow, ready to ship. No waiting time this time.

10. MegaMushroom
    I want to say yes. It appears all metal, though can't tell 100% with the height adjustment bits as those appear to have a plastic shell.

11. Sonnycz
    Is this headphone a good upgrade to DT990(600ohm) bass wise ?? (Or how would it compare to them in general?)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  12. Assimilator702
    I have both. The HE 4XX is a MUST HAVE. I LOVE my DT 990 600 ohm. I like the HE 4XX a little better.

Get it just to hear if it's all hype.

Sonnycz likes this.
  13. airil
    Yeah, I second to Assimilator702. Now I travel and mostly on my he4xx, but some songs btr on the dt990.

14. Sonnycz
    Ordered :beyersmile:

15. desmoface
    How about the treble compared to the dt-990's?
    Steve

First

Back
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Next

Last