Hifiman HE1000-SE
Dec 6, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #3,678 of 5,189
Their line up needs cleaning up. It's a mess.
It appears that they’re gradually Stealthing up their entire line. The Susvara, HEKse, Ananda, Arya, Edition XS, now the V2.

I just translated the German storefront page to English, and it appears that they may truly have kept the V2 identical except for the new magnet—its sensitivity is still 90…

Dec 6, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #3,679 of 5,189
Other than minor cosmetics, I don't see how the HE1000V2 Stealth would be any different from the HE1000SE. Wasn't the point of the SE that it was basically a V2, but with stealth magnets? Didn't they have an upgrade option to take your V2 up to an SE? Or is the idea that they are supposed to be intentionally differently tuned?

Dec 6, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #3,680 of 5,189
Other than minor cosmetics, I don't see how the HE1000V2 Stealth would be any different from the HE1000SE. Wasn't the point of the SE that it was basically a V2, but with stealth magnets? Didn't they have an upgrade option to take your V2 up to an SE? Or is the idea that they are supposed to be intentionally differently tuned?
Wish they communicate design philosophy of their new releases. This is expensive high end audio gear. Needs some communicative touch of it's designers in my opinion. Like ''we wanted to do this with this new headphone'' ''this is their place'' ''this was our goal''. There is a hierarchy but they also sound different. I'm assuming HEKv2 SE will be closer to HEKv2 while HEKSE different idk. Arya SE seems different than Arya v2 like how Hekse different than Hekv2. They may even release Arya v2 stealth down the line it would be funny.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #3,681 of 5,189
It appears that they’re gradually Stealthing up their entire line. The Susvara, HEKse, Ananda, Arya, Edition XS, now the V2.

I just translated the German storefront page to English, and it appears that they may truly have kept the V2 identical except for the new magnet—its sensitivity is still 90…
The sensitivity appears to have changed from 90dB to 93dB. I'm not sure if the stealth magnets would cause that, or if there are other differences. It is closer to the
HE1000se's sensitivity of 96dB however.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 6.05.24 PM.png

Dec 6, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #3,682 of 5,189
I think they’re quite different actually—very different tuning (sub bass and smooth highs on the V2, mid bass and prominent at 5-8,000 on the SE), the SEs are significantly more sensitive and the V2s have a wider soundstage. I’m hoping the new V2s are more resolving but otherwise the same—I think that would be my ideal!

Dec 6, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #3,683 of 5,189
Wish they communicate design philosophy of their new releases. This is expensive high end audio gear. Needs some communicative touch of it's designers in my opinion. Like ''we wanted to do this with this new headphone'' ''this is their place'' ''this was our goal''. There is a hierarchy but they also sound different. I'm assuming HEKv2 SE will be closer to HEKv2 while HEKSE different idk. Arya SE seems different than Arya v2 like how Hekse different than Hekv2. They may even release Arya v2 stealth down the line it would be funny.
To me the differences between the Arya V2 and SE were pretty astonishing. I think the V2 nomenclature is getting a bit confusing though—it may be time for them to plumb the Sanskrit dictionary for some new terms…

Dec 6, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #3,684 of 5,189
The sensitivity appears to have changed from 90dB to 93dB. I'm not sure if the stealth magnets would cause that, or if there are other differences. It is closer to the
HE1000se's sensitivity of 96dB however.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 6.05.24 PM.png
I’m confused because I’ve seen two sources quote 90 and now yours 93. Maybe we’re getting ahead of ourselves with our CSI work this early lol!

Dec 6, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #3,685 of 5,189
Yeah, they definitely are different enough, but from the lack of communication clarity from HiFiMan, one would get the impression that the SE was simply supposed to be an improved V2 (particularly as that was implied with their upgrade/exchange program). If they are intentionally trying to offer different sonic flavors instead, that should be made more clear.

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #3,688 of 5,189

Users who are viewing this thread

Back