Hifiman HE1000-SE
Feb 7, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #3,706 of 5,216
Some of the most impressive photos I have ever seen.
There are a couple more photos from my review)

DSC04343-2 копия.jpg

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04089.jpg

DSC04011.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

DSC04347.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #3,707 of 5,216
They're fabulous photographs; truly art.

Feb 12, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #3,708 of 5,216
Just for the sake of science and experimentation, i decided to order a pair of Dekoni Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin pads (made for Arya, Ananda and Edition X and older he1000 models) and I am blown away by the new sound. These pads simply rock, these add some much needed mid bass punch while also thickening certain male vocals while still preserving the OG HEKSE top end and airy sound.

Feb 12, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #3,709 of 5,216
Just for the sake of science and experimentation, i decided to order a pair of Dekoni Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin pads (made for Arya, Ananda and Edition X and older he1000 models) and I am blown away by the new sound. These pads simply rock, these add some much needed mid bass punch while also thickening certain male vocals while still preserving the OG HEKSE top end and airy sound.
Interesting. If your impressions change over time please share them. I tried taking off the pads once on my SE and almost had a heart attack due to the stress. Seemed like I was gonna break every tab I tried to pry off. I wouldn't look forward to that again!

Feb 12, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #3,710 of 5,216
Interesting. If your impressions change over time please share them. I tried taking off the pads once on my SE and almost had a heart attack due to the stress. Seemed like I was gonna break every tab I tried to pry off. I wouldn't look forward to that again!
The replacement part was super easy. You can use any thin flat metal object (I used butter knife) and slide it between the pad and the cup and then gently pry one of the tabs off and the rest will pop out on their own.

Feb 12, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #3,711 of 5,216
The replacement part was super easy. You can use any thin flat metal object (I used butter knife) and slide it between the pad and the cup and then gently pry one of the tabs off and the rest will pop out on their own.
Good to know!

Feb 14, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #3,712 of 5,216
There's less stress on the plastic tabs if you push the pad inwards whilst doing this - this helps to unhook the tab whilst lifting it away.

An alternative method is to squeeze the pad inwards (using thumb and fingers on either side of the pad) and in the same motion lift the pad away with a fingernail.
It's a bit trickier to put the pad back in - to get the last tab to click in often causes another tab to pop out, so you may have to firmly hold the rest of the pad in place.

Having said that, I've replaced HEK pads several times and not once had a tab break. The bigger risk when replacing pads is the dreaded UPS (Unraveling Pad Syndrome) where the cheap faux leather plastic skin comes away from the cheap glue that holds the pad to the cheap plastic pad frame. There have been many posts about this on earlier HEK version threads.

The SE pads are better because they don't have the dust mesh to further complicate the gluing process, but UPS can still happen on SE pads, as I have unfortunately once demonstrated to myself when a pad was particularly stubborn when being snapped back into place. IMO, the pads are by far the worst build aspect of the HEK, and the price charged by hifiman is an insult for such a low-cost-to-make item. Which is a shame because they're actually very comfortable to wear and sound good.

Feb 14, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #3,713 of 5,216
Probably costs them about $150

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #3,714 of 5,216

I've got borrowed Susvara next to my HE1000se and doing some A/B. While I love the Suavara for tonality and a bit more refined sound, the HEkse are more spacious with a taller stage, which is why I chose them originally.

I was planning to have one all-runder but now I'm confused and can't decide - perfect tonality vs spaciousness. I could afford both but that's against my resolution.

From your description of the pads there seems to be a chance that it can bring the HEkse closer to the Susvara (while sill not being there, I know)..

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #3,715 of 5,216
I've got borrowed Susvara next to my HE1000se and doing some A/B. While I love the Suavara for tonality and a bit more refined sound, the HEkse are more spacious with a taller stage, which is why I choosed them originally.

I was planning to have one all-runder but now I'm confused and can't decide - perfect tonality vs spaciousness. I could afford both but that's against my resolution.

From your description of the pads there seems to be a chance that it can bring the HEkse closer to the Susvara (while sill not being there, I know)..
I was in the same boat as you but decided to keep both. Now I have tried them with the Danacable Nirvana and believe it or not they both got even better. But what surprised me was the HEKSE got even closer to susvara. I can’t get myself to sell either one.

Feb 16, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #3,716 of 5,216
I was in the same boat as you but decided to keep both. Now I have tried them with the Danacable Nirvana and believe it or not they both got even better. But what surprised me was the HEKSE got even closer to susvara. I can’t get myself to sell either one.

Thanks, and Yes I believe you. However such a price range, for a cable, is not something I'm able to digest. Prefer to stay on the safer side of the hobby :wink:

I'm not a big fan of having even two pairs, I simply always use just one and find no pleasure in switching back and forth. Definitely I prefer to focus on the music itself.

But hearing that the pads create a noticable change made me wonder...
And somethow I feel that a slight improvement of the HEkse towards the Susvara would do the job for me.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #3,718 of 5,216
he1000se new user here..
hallo everybody .
just passed 5 hours with them so first listenings

they are matched with both silver balanced and copper balanced 4,4mm cable for both sides of the performance

still preliminary impressions so ..
but yet they sound like possible endgame (to me) ..
or at least for a long time and my needs

nice feeling about having them and having landed finally on these
:smile_phones:
:sunglasses:

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #3,719 of 5,216
ps they just sound amazing
was scared for the bightness quite unanimously reported ..instead no big deal really to my ears , other then very expected from any very detailed set

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #3,720 of 5,216
Congratulations, Bro. It must feel truly spectacular to own these. Absolutely an endgame HP. I've heard them once and have wanted them ever since.

So, are you using the both copper and silver cord, or 2 separate cords, one of each and A/Bing?
I have no experience with the hybrid and am quite curious.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back