Hifiman HE1000-SE
Dec 4, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #3,661 of 5,216
No, but HE1000se and HE1000 V2 Stealth.
It seems they are also dropping the V2 moniker and it will be the HE1000 Stealth, and the HE1000se going forward (if I'm reading it correctly.)

Dec 4, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #3,662 of 5,216
Placement of this HP is bit interesting, its probably bit on the warmer side like the V2 but with stealth magnets, Its probably differentiated from the SE because SE is a detail monster and some people find it bit overwhelming at times vs the slight laid back signature of the V2 and Hifiman is trying to retain those customers.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #3,664 of 5,216
HE1000.jpg

It seems HiFiMan lists a new variant of the HE-1000 on its reference product-page - HiFiMan.com .

The 'new' HE-1000 has the same embossed, overlapping metal-covers of the connector-inputs like the SE, has the printed HE1000-lettering like the SE and according to the description also Stealth Magnets like the SE. The impedance 32Ω, sensitivity 93dB and weight 458g is different to the V2 or SE. Otherwise it looks still like the V2.

Seems to be no mistake by HiFiMan since the URL of the product-pictures reads 22-Nov-2022, also the EXIF-data which say 16-Nov-2022. Maybe it's indeed a 'new' variant which will probably introduced at Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas early January 2023.
I’m VERY confused about this. All the awards on the product page show 2017 as the year, and HifiMan’s website is notorious for being a buggy mess. And it seems awfully strange that they would release an HE1000 refresh with the stealth magnet when they’re named two successors the HE1000v2 and se—I would think they would call it “V3” at least.

But I just went through a lengthy ordeal auditioning the entire oval pad line AND the Susvaras, and I settled on the HEKse despite their bright tuning over the V2. And I actually joked in a cynical way that they’ll probably release a V2 refresh with the Stealth magnet right after my return to window closes har de har har har—and if this is that nightmare come true I’m going to immolate myself alive in front of their headquarters…

Dec 4, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #3,665 of 5,216
I'm interested in trying the HEK Stealth. The HE1000SE was my favorite headphone for classical (including the Susvara) and I regret selling it. But I'll be holding off on buying any headphone until the Susvara v2 is released.

Dec 4, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #3,666 of 5,216
Placement of this HP is bit interesting, its probably bit on the warmer side like the V2 but with stealth magnets, Its probably differentiated from the SE because SE is a detail monster and some people find it bit overwhelming at times vs the slight laid back signature of the V2 and Hifiman is trying to retain those customers.
Detail from brightness isn't enjoyable to me. V2 > SE so I guess I'm one of those.

Dec 4, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #3,667 of 5,216
Look out, I’m back!

I finally got my hands on the Meze Elites, and my nightstand is going to need its own insurance policy if I don’t stop here—l’ve got the Utopias, the HEKse, the HEKV2, the Arya Stealths, the Edition XS, and the Meze Elites all lined up in a row and I’m about to lose my mind with the choices. Thank god I already sent back the Susvaras.

The Meze Elites are compelling for all sorts of reasons, but they’re such a different ballgame that they really don’t belong on this thread. I’ve had a good long listen to them now, and depressingly they’ve led me down a whole new decision making adventure to contend with, on top of this one (thank you, @Arcamera ). :deadhorse:

But they have unquestionably helped me come to a final conclusion about my original headphone audition bonanza, and here it is, with no further doubts:

The HiFiMan Arya Stealth is the most exciting, entertaining and fun headphone I have ever heard. I could listen to it forever.

However, I suspect that the HiFiMan HE1000se is the most spectacular, bravura headphone I could ever hope to have in my collection. Short of taming the highs a tiny sliver, I can’t fathom how it could be improved upon—and even that is debatable because those highs are likely making an important contribution to revealing all this dizzying amount of detail.

Taking into account the whole spectrum of attributes—design, comfort, build, precision, soundstage, imaging, bass slam, physicality and tuning, I think it may be the finest headphone ever made.

I’m keeping both. I’ll annoy the folks over at the Meze forum about whether I end up keeping the Elites.
Bass slam? Which the Arya v3 or the HEK SE?

Ever hear the LXD-4 OG, E2, D8000, HE-6 6 screw, or Phi?

Just wondering your take vs any of those?

Dec 4, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #3,668 of 5,216
This change will see used v2 prices dropping into the Arya v3 range. I'd take the v2.

Dec 4, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #3,670 of 5,216
From the official German HiFiMan-distributor Sieveking Sound :

HE1000 V2 Stealth

"When it was released in summer 2015, the HIFIMAN HE1000 established a new super class for headphones and topped the charts of practically all trade magazines. Rarely has a product received such unanimous international reviews. HIFIMAN has now revised this successful model, which already evolved into the V2 version in 2016, and will deliver it with stealth magnets from December 2022, which lead to less edge refraction directly at the magnetostatic foil due to a rounded shape. The sound is even more natural.

The optimised and basic design of the HE1000V2 has remained, with the pleasant wearing feel and the clearly slanted ear pads. These allow a slightly improved localisation from the front. The ear pads now have a polyester surface so that even long listening sessions can be enjoyed without sweating. The previous combination of anodised steel and aluminium on the housing is now entirely aluminium.

Nothing has changed in the membrane, which has a thickness in the nanometre range, and in the use of the patented "Window Shade Grill" as a driver screen. The membrane film itself is so thin that it would be practically invisible when viewed from the side. It is framed by an asymmetrical magnet system with relatively large magnets on the side facing away from the ear and smaller ones on the side of the headphones facing towards the ear. This trick reduces interference in the reproduction and allows for an extremely fast response due to reduced 'air congestion' between the diaphragm and the magnets.

The HE1000 V2 Stealth continues to have an incredibly open and yet completely homogeneous sound image. Given a powerful drive, this is a headphone capable of reproducing even the darkest bass with the same precision as the finest chime sounds.

The new HE1000 V2 Stealth is delivered in a box on which the reference to the Stealth Magnets is clearly visible and two headphone cables are included in the scope of delivery."
- Sieveking-Sound.de - (in German).
How unfortunate lol. I opted for the upgrade program and traded in my Arya Stealths. Recieved the HE1000V2 on Nov. 29th. My unit looks identitical to what's posted on HiFiman's webpage, yet the manual doesn't state a "stealth" version.

Thanks for the update & information!

Dec 5, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #3,673 of 5,216
and if this is that nightmare come true I’m going to immolate myself alive in front of their headquarters…
I think this is the most appropriate and reasonable response possible.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #3,674 of 5,216
I'm interested in trying the HEK Stealth. The HE1000SE was my favorite headphone for classical (including the Susvara) and I regret selling it. But I'll be holding off on buying any headphone until the Susvara v2 is released.
I think it may be a ruse. I’ve searched every imaginable place other than the dregs of the dark web and I can find no evidence of an HE1000 stealth magnet version (other than the HEKse). The product shows up on their webpage backend with a missing icon, and there’s no mention of it on their storefront or in any press release I could find. (See the attached link).

They’re due for a refreshed flagship for sure—the last was the HEKse in 2018 and the R10 in 2020. But unless someone can find legit evidence of a new HE1000 I think it may be a goof…

https://m.hifiman.com/products/category/3

Update: whoops, looks like from the post above I was wrong. Damn it! That German site is wacky stuff. They also allude to an Ananda 2 with Stealth Magnets as well. How do they have access to the HFM Bat Phone when no one else does?

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #3,675 of 5,216

Users who are viewing this thread

Back