Hifiman HE1000-SE
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #5,176 of 5,205
Today amazon delivered the HE1000SE to me.
I was very happy. Loved the packaging, lots of "quality control" stamps and inserts. In general, the packaging is at the highest level. Tactilely everything is also very good. But after connecting them I realized that the right channel is silent... does not work at all. I tried changing the cable, and connected to another amplifier.
In the end I issued a refund. As soon as I get my money back, I want to buy it again.

But the residue remained negative :frowning2:
I read that they are quite "light" for an amplifier.
I connected to Violectric 590pro, the left channel played very quiet and deaf. I guess there's something wrong with it too..
No luck...

Are you able to mark the item as defective as the reason for return? That will help prevent someone else from getting a bad headphone.

I know that might seem like it’s not your problem, but in the macro view, it will help both Amazon and HiFiman get a more accurate count of how many defective products they’re sending out, which in turn will improve their quality checking process, and the next time you try to get a cool HiFiman product they will have a better chance of being good headphones. Especially since you bought through Amazon, they’ll pressure HiFiman if their products are costing Amazon too much in return shipping and refunds.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #5,177 of 5,205
Are you able to mark the item as defective as the reason for return? That will help prevent someone else from getting a bad headphone.

I know that might seem like it’s not your problem, but in the macro view, it will help both Amazon and HiFiman get a more accurate count of how many defective products they’re sending out, which in turn will improve their quality checking process, and the next time you try to get a cool HiFiman product they will have a better chance of being good headphones. Especially since you bought through Amazon, they’ll pressure HiFiman if their products are costing Amazon too much in return shipping and refunds.
There was a choice of prepared reasons for return and I chose that the received product does not work. And in the description I described what exactly doesn't work.
I will add a review on the product page about my experience of receiving a defective device.

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #5,178 of 5,205
Here I was having complained in https://www.head-fi.org/threads/totl-disappointments.925164/page-63#post-17949397 (post #936) about what was technically largely practically inaudible higher than nominal distortion while folks are having units with drivers properly dying. Did your units' QC stamps happen to be dated to around November of last year? My first unit dated to August was a "good" one with the left driver being almost "perfect" by HiFiMan standards, my second and third units dated to November exhibiting rather worse measured distortion.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #5,180 of 5,205
Well, it’s rare that a whole production batch could go wrong, so be careful about assuming a correlation between QC dates and defects. I have no incentive to defend HiFiman, but I am aware that problems may look more common online than are actually statistically true, and we consumers are prey to being nervous.

Since Ilya marked his as defective, that unit can be sent back to HiFiman and they might choose to investigate why that one failed, and maybe they will find a way to prevent that in future designs or manufacturing procedures. Here’s hoping that positive outcome happens.

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #5,181 of 5,205
Does the SE come with the new black stealth cables? I'm debating ordering the SE and stealth for comparisons before making a decision.

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #5,183 of 5,205
PXL_20240412_230314471.jpg
PXL_20240412_230708250.jpg

Fun evening with the SE and Organic. Canjam made me crave the Hifiman sound again :gs1000smile:
Like your amps! Lol!
1713299448868.png

Had my Pass for several years now.
My HE1000Se's are a month old.
Use several dacs.
All good..
Wonderful cans..
Alex

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #5,184 of 5,205
Like your amps! Lol!
1713299448868.png

Had my Pass for several years now.
My HE1000Se's are a month old.
Use several dacs.
All good..
Wonderful cans..
Alex

Hah! Good stuff. Been listening to the Pass + HEKse combo all day. It's like they were made for each other, loving the sound!

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #5,185 of 5,205
Are you going to review/compare both, Relaxa? Would love another video.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #5,186 of 5,205
Are you going to review/compare both, Relaxa? Would love another video.

Yes sir! I'm such a procrastinator though, I find myself listening more than reviewing. I have all these notes I took, just need to film the thing. Hopefully by the end of the month. Thank you for asking :beerchug:

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #5,187 of 5,205
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement headstrap?
You can email HiFiMAN's customer service team to request one I think. My Arya's headband got damaged previously, since I'm in China so I just sent it back to them and have the headband replaced, but I believe they should be able to send you a replacement headstrap directly if you're from overseas.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #5,189 of 5,205
I am thinking about purchasing a set of ZMF hifiman pads for my He1000se. The stock pads are decent but its has a bit too much top end heat for me. I would like to tame the top end but also preserve/maintain the low end.

Hey @zach915m , got any insight on which of the pads would help me achieve it?

Thank you

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #5,190 of 5,205
If anyone here is interested in gaming I would say that the HEKSE is by far the best gaming headphone I have ever used. The HEKSE gives you a really good sense of depth so you can hear if an enemy is behind or in front of you and the imaging is so precise and lighting quick that with the combination of the depth capabilities it's almost hack levels good.

The quote on quote best gaming headphone that people always bring up is the Sennheiser HD800S. I had the 800S and I thought it was really good for gaming but putting it alongside the HEKSE its not even in the same ballpark. The 800S just doesn't have the depth capabilities and the imaging is far less quick and precise in comparison. To summarize don't waste your money on the 800S if you want the best gaming headphone especially now that the HEKSE has had a big price cut.
I was wondering the same thing. Now that HiFiMan has dropped the price to 2k, it should make a lot of sense to pick this up over the HD800, especially since it's considered to be the HD800 on steroids when it comes to imaging and detail retrieval. To top it off, the bass is more resolving and better extended. The one thing the HD800 still has going for it is the weight, which I'm guessing is important if you have a headphone on for marathon gaming sessions. I like to dabble in single player games from time to time, so this is not such a big issue for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back