Hifiman HE1000-SE
Apr 5, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #5,161 of 5,205
I tried Dekoni pad hybrid elite pad for the he1000se . It add warmness and put the vocal more forward while reducing the bass and treble. The vocals or mid sound thicker overall but the bass and treble was less that the OG pad. It sounded less natural and less open. The staging become smaller imo and the he1000se magic now is gone. Details or resolution also become less. I dont like the Dekoni pad. Now i want to try the ZMF pad lambskin maybe next week i will receive it.

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #5,162 of 5,205
I tried Dekoni pad hybrid elite pad for the he1000se . It add warmness and put the vocal more forward while reducing the bass and treble. The vocals or mid sound thicker overall but the bass and treble was less that the OG pad. It sounded less natural and less open. The staging become smaller imo and the he1000se magic now is gone. Details or resolution also become less. I dont like the Dekoni pad. Now i want to try the ZMF pad lambskin maybe next week i will receive it.
I suggest one more thing before changing the stock pads: add a 4-5db bass shelf and that balances he1000se tonality without a loss in perception of detail, airiness, or sound stage presentation. Keep in mind, non-stock pads also change pad/cup reflections and damping, affecting FR and presentation.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #5,163 of 5,205
Didnt expect to receive the ZMF lambskin pad faster than expected. My first impression is this pad sound closer to the OG pad but i feel that overall the presentation is smoother. I also didnt expect the treble changes is less bright a bit which is a good thing(not much but noticable). The midrange also seems to be warmer a little bit(just a little) with more bass. Overall the change is not that much but i notice it now sound more lifelike and the most important part of this pad is.... COMFORT! The foam with this pad is so soft like memory foam pillow i dont even feel like wearing headphones which mean it can reduce wearing fatigue for long time listening. Will update if i notice changes or difference after a while.

Update: This pad definitely sound smoother(Silkier) and thicker(warmer) the stage and spaciousness still remain like the OG. The timbre sound darker more lifelike. The bass is tighter but the quantity might still be the same like the original pad, i did notice the sub bass might be just a bit less just a bit. Compared to the Dekoni this pad doesnt change a lot of the sound profile which mean the clarity and spaciousness / staging is still there. For me i think this pad sound very good and the comfort is way better than the OG. I prefer this pad compared to Dekoni.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #5,165 of 5,205
Didnt expect to receive the ZMF lambskin pad faster than expected. I prefer this pad compared to Dekoni.
Do you recommend the solid covering or the hybrid-mesh for the HiFiMan HE1000SE from ZMF?

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #5,166 of 5,205
IS the ZMF or Dekoni providing the darker thicker sound?

Looking for more darkness/thickness. Which is the pad to go for?
Dekoni i guess it reduce treble way more than ZMF but the bass quality also take a hit IMO.
Do you recommend the solid covering or the hybrid-mesh for the HiFiMan HE1000SE from ZMF?
I only purchase the lambskin non hybrid one. So far so good i prefer it more than the Dekoni.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 7:57 AM Post #5,168 of 5,205
How easy is it to attach the ZMF pads? Do they have the same plastic tabs as stock hifiman pads?
The same way with the original pad, just be careful because it is plastic so it can break easily.

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #5,169 of 5,205
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement headstrap?

Apr 12, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #5,172 of 5,205
PXL_20240412_230314471.jpg

PXL_20240412_230708250.jpg

Fun evening with the SE and Organic. Canjam made me crave the Hifiman sound again :gs1000smile:

Apr 12, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #5,173 of 5,205
Today amazon delivered the HE1000SE to me.
I was very happy. Loved the packaging, lots of "quality control" stamps and inserts. In general, the packaging is at the highest level. Tactilely everything is also very good. But after connecting them I realized that the right channel is silent... does not work at all. I tried changing the cable, and connected to another amplifier.
In the end I issued a refund. As soon as I get my money back, I want to buy it again.

But the residue remained negative :frowning2:
I read that they are quite "light" for an amplifier.
I connected to Violectric 590pro, the left channel played very quiet and deaf. I guess there's something wrong with it too..
No luck...

Apr 12, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #5,174 of 5,205
Today amazon delivered the HE1000SE to me.
I was very happy. Loved the packaging, lots of "quality control" stamps and inserts. In general, the packaging is at the highest level. Tactilely everything is also very good. But after connecting them I realized that the right channel is silent... does not work at all. I tried changing the cable, and connected to another amplifier.
In the end I issued a refund. As soon as I get my money back, I want to buy it again.

But the residue remained negative :frowning2:
I read that they are quite "light" for an amplifier.
I connected to Violectric 590pro, the left channel played very quiet and deaf. I guess there's something wrong with it too..
No luck...
I’m in a similar situation. I bought a new HE1000SE direct from Hifiman in January and the left driver failed after two months. I waited about 3 weeks for my replacement. Now, sound cuts out intermittently from the left driver of this replacement. At other times from left driver, there is no sound or it is barely audible. However, if I turn volume up high enough, then it wakes the left driver. I shouldn’t have to do that each time I want to listen to it. I tested it with different amps/dacs and cables, but issue persists. Right driver works perfectly with this replacement and the original one I shipped back. I’m having bad luck with the left driver. I’ll request a replacement for this one as well.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #5,175 of 5,205
PXL_20240412_230314471.jpg
PXL_20240412_230708250.jpg

Fun evening with the SE and Organic. Canjam made me crave the Hifiman sound again :gs1000smile:
Oh wow, I heard a headphone powered with that Milo amp, it’s an amazing brute! ⚡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back