Hifiman HE1000-SE
Apr 25, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #2,656 of 5,216
I currently have the Arya. If anyone has gone Arya > HE1000SE can you tell me what was lost? Obviously the HE1000SE is more resolving, but I keep hearing that the frequency response/tuning leaves a lot to be desired and it requires an EQ. My main source are my iOS devices/Spotify so there’s no precise EQ.

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #2,657 of 5,216
I currently have the Arya. If anyone has gone Arya > HE1000SE can you tell me what was lost? Obviously the HE1000SE is more resolving, but I keep hearing that the frequency response/tuning leaves a lot to be desired and it requires an EQ. My main source are my iOS devices/Spotify so there’s no precise EQ.
Nothing was lost, imo. Everything was enhanced. The bass, especially the sub bass could be a little bumped in the Hekse but it definitely has more tightness and control compared to the arya. The Hekse has more layered highs with sparkle and air. I didnt use any Eq with arya and dont use any with my Hekse and to me, it sounds wonderful.

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #2,658 of 5,216
Nothing was lost, imo. Everything was enhanced. The bass, especially the sub bass could be a little bumped in the Hekse but it definitely has more tightness and control compared to the arya. The Hekse has more layered highs with sparkle and air. I didnt use any Eq with arya and dont use any with my Hekse and to me, it sounds wonderful.

Totally agree here. I much prefer my He1000se over my son's Arya and even he agree that the He1000se is better. In what ways is it better? Well this gentleman has just described it above.

I just love the He1000se but I'm supplementing it with a LCD4 next week. That will do it for me. I have a friend who have both He1000se and LCD4 but have decided to sell both and buy the Susvara and Abyss 1266 TC instead. Quite a move indeed. Will I follow him? Probably not because I know I will be very content with He1000se and LCD4.

Ask me next year and I'll tell you something else. :)

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #2,659 of 5,216

Thanks for the info. BTW, out of all the headphones in your sig, which one do you think has the closest signature to the Arya or your favorite?

Totally agree here. I much prefer my He1000se over my son's Arya and even he agree that the He1000se is better. In what ways is it better? Well this gentleman has just described it above.

I just love the He1000se but I'm supplementing it with a LCD4 next week. That will do it for me. I have a friend who have both He1000se and LCD4 but have decided to sell both and buy the Susvara and Abyss 1266 TC instead. Quite a move indeed. Will I follow him? Probably not because I know I will be very content with He1000se and LCD4.

Ask me next year and I'll tell you something else. :)

haha...maybe I should accept the inevitable and wait for a deal on a used Susvara.

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #2,660 of 5,216
Thanks for the info. BTW, out of all the headphones in your sig, which one do you think has the closest signature to the Arya or your favorite?

haha...maybe I should accept the inevitable and wait for a deal on a used Susvara.
My VC is my favorite headphone. But it doesnt sound like the Arya. My Hekse sounds the most like the arya but better. The VC and Hekse are two different sounding headphones. The VC gives you lush mids, deep bass and full vocals. The Hekse gives you details, and more details with more details. It also has great instrument separation as well and is more airy than the VC.

Apr 25, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #2,661 of 5,216

My opinion is the HE1000se is as good as it gets and you don't need the Susvara. :darthsmile: Though the He1000se can be driven by any amp including the iPhone, He1000se becomes a different animal when properly amped and my preference is to drive it with a good tube amp.

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #2,662 of 5,216
My opinion is the HE1000se is as good as it gets and you don't need the Susvara. :darthsmile: Though the He1000se can be driven by any amp including the iPhone, He1000se becomes a different animal when properly amped and my preference is to drive it with a good tube amp.
This guys knows it. The Susvara technically is a better headphone than the Hekse but at a much, much higher cost. IMO, HEKSE with some tweaking (eq, tube rolling) can achieve the same result as the Susvara at a lower cost without the massive power requirements.

Apr 25, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #2,663 of 5,216
I use zero eq and love my HE1000SE. It is new and right out of the box it is outstanding. It sounds different than the rest of my headphones which is what I wanted. I am sure it is a keeper.

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #2,664 of 5,216
This guys knows it. The Susvara technically is a better headphone than the Hekse but at a much, much higher cost. IMO, HEKSE with some tweaking (eq, tube rolling) can achieve the same result as the Susvara at a lower cost without the massive power requirements.

A contentious topic it will be... I couldn't in all honesty say that the Hekse will produce the same result as the Susvara when both are properly amped and in the right setup. A 2 hours audition of Susvara at Minidisc is not enough for me to make that determination. I'm sure that if Susvara had lived with me for a couple of months, I'll sus out the difference more.

What's noticeable to me is that the Hekse has more of a high frequencies lift than Susvara. Some may like it and some won't but I do. Both are astonishing headphones that's for sure. My curiosity would be how the LCD4 will pit against the Hekse. Both very differently tuned headphones that's for sure but which would I prefer in the long term. Perhaps I would love each for its uniqueness and it's strength.

I too didn't eq my He1000se and didn't feel that I need to.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #2,665 of 5,216
I've had the HEKSE's for almost 3 months now and prior to purchasing them, I also asked in this thread about EQing. Since owning them I've never had the urge to EQ.

I would also say that they do scale well. I was initially running them from my iBasso 220 MAX DAP and I thought they sounded great. After getting a Violectric v590 things improved all around, particularly in the bass. I am tempted by the Susvara but I don't think I'll be going down that path any time soon.

Apr 26, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #2,668 of 5,216
I don't hear anything the same as Resolve Reviews. We apparently come from different planets or we have totally different views on sound. Not saying I'm right and he is wrong but it is what it is.

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #2,669 of 5,216
I found my Fiio BTR5 in a drawer the other day....I had forgotten about it. Tried it with the HE1000SE and it actually was pretty decent. A lot better than straight from my LG V60. My home gear obviously blows it away....but I was pleasantly surprised!

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #2,670 of 5,216
20210428_232004.jpg

Just got the HEKSE and I was blown away by the transparency, soundstage and the wonderful mid and high!

Really enjoy the Power of Silver of my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back