Hifiman HE1000-SE
May 7, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #2,686 of 5,252
Ha! I own the Utopia's and just received my HE1000SE. I may be crazy but I seem to prefer the standard cable over the silver dragon I have. The stock cable makes the HE1KSE sound warmer, which is my preference.

May 7, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #2,687 of 5,252
Ha! I own the Utopia's and just received my HE1000SE. I may be crazy but I seem to prefer the standard cable over the silver dragon I have. The stock cable makes the HE1KSE sound warmer, which is my preference.
Well, same setup here.
Silver dragon is on Aeon Closed at the moment. Might have Moon changed from Aeon Closed to 3.5mm. Other end is 4.4 mm. So, I can test with DX220Max 4.4mm or adapter to 4.4mm to 6.3mm just bought from DHC.
Your HE1000SE not burnin yet?

May 7, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #2,688 of 5,252
No, not yet. Only about 2 hours on it, but I really like it already. Might be my new favorite.

May 7, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #2,689 of 5,252
When i first bought my hekse i found my silver cable (norne silver draug) and put it away (the cable) A bit too bright up top

I came back a few months later and it was no longer an issue.

you may find the same down the track

May 9, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #2,694 of 5,252
So the punch and slam with these? Is it lacking? I’m getting my next set of headphones narrowed down and these seem like the ticket but I don’t want to miss out on bass
Punchy tight bottom end

a bit more punchier and tighter than the hekv2

overall great precision and space

what other hp are you considering?

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #2,696 of 5,252
May 9, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #2,697 of 5,252
Punchy tight bottom end

a bit more punchier and tighter than the hekv2

overall great precision and space

what other hp are you considering?

looking at lcd-4z but am a bit concerned about bad reviews and lack of reviews.

the Meze Empyean huge benefit with being able to drive from phone and awesome built and really cool removable ear pads but not sure about the bass and mids from what I’ve been reading

HE1000SE huge benefit to be able to drive from phone but I like to listen to heavy metal and worried that the treble may be brash. Spawn300z brings up a good point on cable. I’m new to the hi-fi headphone game but I play guitar and have experienced differences in sound with different cables do 1Mohm impedance.

my needs are portability and I’m okay with getting a dap. I don’t like sitting still listening to music. I like bass punch/slam

May 9, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #2,698 of 5,252
Although I don’t listen to Heavy metal. Any of these headphones would suit your needs. I actually have all three. The 4Z is a great headphone. Remember all headphones have strengths and weaknesses depending on what genre your listening to. The LCD 4Z is the Darker of the three and the heaviest but not overbearing. But if portability and the low end is what you are looking for go with the Empyreans.

I would travel with either of them but not be out walking around town. For that I would go with the Abyss Diana V2. But they aren’t very efficient. Need right DAP or amp.

You could also save yourself some funds and look into the Campfire Audio Cascades.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #2,699 of 5,252
looking at lcd-4z but am a bit concerned about bad reviews and lack of reviews.

the Meze Empyean huge benefit with being able to drive from phone and awesome built and really cool removable ear pads but not sure about the bass and mids from what I’ve been reading

HE1000SE huge benefit to be able to drive from phone but I like to listen to heavy metal and worried that the treble may be brash. Spawn300z brings up a good point on cable. I’m new to the hi-fi headphone game but I play guitar and have experienced differences in sound with different cables do 1Mohm impedance.

my needs are portability and I’m okay with getting a dap. I don’t like sitting still listening to music. I like bass punch/slam
Hekse is driven well out of anything

i can’t tell you what to buy, nor do i want to. Best to demo.

1620539626652.gif

having said that…..i would strongly recommend the hekse to fit your needs

also have a look at this:
google translate may be useful

https://musicalhead.de/2018/11/20/t...meze-empyrean-audeze-lcd4z-mrspeakers-ether2/

Last edited:
May 9, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #2,700 of 5,252
So the punch and slam with these? Is it lacking? I’m getting my next set of headphones narrowed down and these seem like the ticket but I don’t want to miss out on bass

HE1000se is a fantastic headphone, but punch and slam are the sonic aspects I found them a bit lacking in compared to my other headphones ie. HE6 and LCD-4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back