Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jul 15, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #1,846 of 5,189
are u referring to how it is like on the newest Arya revision? I’ve yet to see a HEKSE w padding just under the shades area

Yes just like the Arya. The HEKse too got this revision. I believe all HEKse's that ship with 4 pin xlr instead of the 4.4mm got that permanent cloth. Mine have it.

Jul 15, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #1,849 of 5,189
don’t mind but may I know where u saw this revision?

On my hands... and I think I saw it mentioned in this thread too a while ago.

Jul 16, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #1,851 of 5,189
I believe they fixed the pad issues when they revised their headphones to have the cloth permanently attached to the driver housing instead of the pads.
I guess that's possible. Removing the cloth from the SE pad will remove one point of failure, especially where glue is concerned. I haven't had a HUPS issue since upgrading to SE, although it's early days yet - my V2 pads lasted about a year before they got the HUPS.

I haven’t experienced that the SE have more driver failures than earlier versions. How many SE driver failures do you know about?
Well, I haven't been keeping a detailed spreadsheet :), but from memory there were around 4 SE driver failures reported on this thread, including mine and the recent one just posted. I don't recall a single driver failure reported in the V1/V2 thread (which doesn't mean there weren't any). Not very scientific, but it's all we've got at the moment, as HFM just replace with a brand new pair with no further feedback.

Jul 16, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #1,852 of 5,189
are u referring to how it is like on the newest Arya revision? I’ve yet to see a HEKSE w padding just under the shades area
I'm not in a position to take a photo at the moment, but the SE has dust cloth moved from the pad to the top of the driver grill. I.e. your fingers can touch the cloth, but cannot touch the metal driver grill below the cloth.

Jul 16, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #1,853 of 5,189
I'm not in a position to take a photo at the moment, but the SE has dust cloth moved from the pad to the top of the driver grill. I.e. your fingers can touch the cloth, but cannot touch the metal driver grill below the cloth.

understood,I would imagine that pad to be opaque like the one on Arya as well?

am curious as I’ve yet to see one such example here in Singapore

Jul 16, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #1,855 of 5,189
understood,I would imagine that pad to be opaque like the one on Arya as well?

am curious as I’ve yet to see one such example here in Singapore

I guess a lot of physical retailers still have the early production units.

This is how the cloth looks like on mine.

20191130-104305.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #1,856 of 5,189
I just recieved my HEKse and this would be 3rd pair. The other two had right side driver failure one DOA and the other after 5 minutes. They sound so good I took another chance. I'm affraid to use them. I puchased open box but the seal on the box was not cut so I'm thinking its a new pair, unless this unit was sent in for repair and they just factory sealed it again. Purchase was through HeadAmp who I buy all my headphones through. For wires I have three and I can feel the grill cloth is attached to the driver case.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #1,857 of 5,189
Almost all "open box" items nowadays are just a trick to sell for less than the MSRP. Some retailers forgot to open the box before shipping lol.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #1,858 of 5,189
Must be a good mark up on headphones to practice selling open box. The wires where untouched. Now I wonder how long these will last.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #1,859 of 5,189
Almost all "open box" items nowadays are just a trick to sell for less than the MSRP. Some retailers forgot to open the box before shipping lol.
Fully agree. Same with many “B” stock sales. Used as a way to sell off excess inventory for less than MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back