Hifiman HE1000-SE
Aug 16, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #1,247 of 5,252
Aug 16, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #1,248 of 5,252
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried pad swapping to something from one of the other hifiman headphones of this shape?

I have not seen anyone using anything other than stock pads. One alternative would be to get a professional calibration profile from a company like sonarworks. It costed me about $200, but I do not use my hekse without it since I got my profile.It is cost effective and a very convenient way for a sonic improvement.

Aug 16, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #1,249 of 5,252
I have not seen anyone using anything other than stock pads. One alternative would be to get a professional calibration profile from a company like sonarworks. It costed me about $200, but I do not use my hekse without it since I got my profile.It is cost effective and a very convenient way for a sonic improvement.

Oh, gotcha. That involves sending it to them though right?

Aug 17, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #1,252 of 5,252
Out of curiosity, what did the correction for yours look like?
I'm also interested to see your EQ curve.

Aug 17, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,253 of 5,252
I'm also interested to see your EQ curve.

I have heard two different sets and they sounded a bit differently. For that reason, I have decided not to post specific measurements for the best interests of other owners.
What I can tell is that the HEKse has amazing extensions on both ends. It has a slight bass boost and a slight recess around 2k, but I would say that the HEKse has amazing measurements all the way up to 3k. The HEKse carries a lot of spatial information with detailed treble, but if you are sensitive to upper frequencies, you might want to find a way to tame those. If you are lucky to find that, you may lose interests on other headphones eventually like me.

Aug 24, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,254 of 5,252
It was the replacement deal offered by Hifiman here at head-fi last year. The SE replaced my V1. I am a little worried about shipping the the SE to China, waiting a long time, pay customs for the repaired model etc. By the way - what embarrassing for Hifiman that they still have this issue after all the years.
I believe there is a return address in France. That’s where I had to send my HE1000v2 when upgrading to the SE.

Aug 24, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #1,255 of 5,252
I believe there is a return address in France. That’s where I had to send my HE1000v2 when upgrading to the SE.
Yes, that was the procedure in my case, too.

Aug 29, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #1,256 of 5,252
My replacement pair arrived. I want to thank Hifiman for good service. Interesting to hear how important burnin is to the SE. I have to wait at least 150 hours to get the SE to sound more relaxed and less bright - as I am used to.

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,257 of 5,252
I owned the HE-1000 then had the version 2....sold them both and bought the susvara which i used with my chord dave/blu2 and the formula s/powerman....i loved the susvara but sold it because as good as it was I found it a bit too ethereal and laid back.....i bought and just received the SE and love it....I am using it straight from my dave and it is easy to drive and more dynamic....is the susvara better?...technically yes but listening wise i am not so sure....it is pleasure to be able to take it with me and use a hugo 2....i go back ad forth and try and rotate from 1 HP to another......I also own the Abyss and the LCD-4 and i love both of them but i have a soft spot for the hifiman sound and the HE-1000 line....

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #1,258 of 5,252
I owned the HE-1000 then had the version 2....sold them both and bought the susvara which i used with my chord dave/blu2 and the formula s/powerman....i loved the susvara but sold it because as good as it was I found it a bit too ethereal and laid back.....i bought and just received the SE and love it....I am using it straight from my dave and it is easy to drive and more dynamic....is the susvara better?...technically yes but listening wise i am not so sure....it is pleasure to be able to take it with me and use a hugo 2....i go back ad forth and try and rotate from 1 HP to another......I also own the Abyss and the LCD-4 and i love both of them but i have a soft spot for the hifiman sound and the HE-1000 line....
So how would you compare the Abyss to the HEKse? I also wonder if the the HEKse were driven by a more powerful amp how it would compare th Susvara. Is it possible that the SE could be even better than Susvara driven by the same amplifier?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #1,259 of 5,252
The Norne silver cable pairs so well with the SE. Extends the range from top to bottom.
a question bout cables, as i have the SE and i am after buying an aftermarket cable, i am just debating shall i go with a copper cable or a silver cable from norne.?

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #1,260 of 5,252
a question bout cables, as i have the SE and i am after buying an aftermarket cable, i am just debating shall i go with a copper cable or a silver cable from norne.?
upload_2019-8-30_7-5-21.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back