Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jun 21, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #4,141 of 5,252
There definitely is a difference of clamp force, but maybe the variation is between each individual product and not between different models.

Between the 3 that I had, the Stealth had the most clamp force, followed by the V2 and then the SE. Weirdly the SE was looser on the bottom than it was on the top of the cups.

Jun 21, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #4,144 of 5,252
I have just listened a bit of Lana Del Rey discography.
I am still amazed by the combo M15s+All-to-DSD/C9/HeKSE. Such a 3d soundstage is just crazy. The M15s is precise as hell and I would be very curious to hear something better (but at a reasonable price? Don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️). The C9 is the best purchase I could do. So, yes, as we read, DAPs can handle the SE. And it is very good! Until you test it on an amp well built enough and you discover it is wonderful. 😍

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #4,145 of 5,252
I have just listened a bit of Lana Del Rey discography.
I am still amazed by the combo M15s+All-to-DSD/C9/HeKSE. Such a 3d soundstage is just crazy. The M15s is precise as hell and I would be very curious to hear something better (but at a reasonable price? Don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️). The C9 is the best purchase I could do. So, yes, as we read, DAPs can handle the SE. And it is very good! Until you test it on an amp well built enough and you discover it is wonderful. 😍
Totally agree. Off the Chord Hugo 2/Mojo 2 it’s great, but once you add the Cayin C9 it’s outstanding.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #4,149 of 5,252
I just went back and listened to Cat Power (Moon Pix) and man she can get painful when she's singing "it's not meeeeeeeee, I yam preeeeetending..." like I've never heard before on the HE1000se. And that's a crappy, bedroom, 90s recording. It's not bad like some phones but it's just really taking it to the edge of comfort tho lol.

headphone is great for vocals.

Jun 24, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #4,150 of 5,252
Any word of Audivina's Neo Supernano Diaphragm tech being introduced to HeK/Susvara series, it can be that Hifiman is testing the waters with Audivina and based on reception will add to the other flagships.

yup, new Susvara, old Susvaras obsoleted, pick em up "cheap" on eBay. Just kidding I have no idea. nobody knows.

Jun 24, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #4,151 of 5,252
I just went back and listened to Cat Power (Moon Pix) and man she can get painful when she's singing "it's not meeeeeeeee, I yam preeeeetending..." like I've never heard before on the HE1000se. And that's a crappy, bedroom, 90s recording. It's not bad like some phones but it's just really taking it to the edge of comfort tho lol.

headphone is great for vocals.
Yesterday I took time to listen some songs on my speakers system (Focal (JMLab) Electra 920.1 tweaked). Because they sound harsh on HeKse. Queen and Abba. These recordings are pure crap, lol. Even on my loudspeakers…

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #4,153 of 5,252
Wishful thinking on my part too :),but Susvara / HekSE update is long due though its > 5 years since their release.

Yeah I mean, my assumption is the reasons for all the price drops is they are going to introduce new cans in the 3k range to take their place. But I don't know for sure. It doesn't really matter - I never thought I could afford an HE1000se and it's not going to change how good this headphone sounds for me :)

Jun 25, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #4,154 of 5,252
What’s everyone’s favorite solid state amp pairing with the HEKse? I’m considering the Burson Soloist 3XP GT as an upgrade to my Schiit Jot2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back