Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jun 28, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #4,156 of 5,216
HEKse.jpg

My HEKse arrived last Friday and I've been listening to it consistently every since, mainly from my Gungnir Multibit and Mjolnir 1 via the balanced cable. Like others have said before, they are very detailed and have a very enjoyable soundstage. One thing that should be mentioned, is that the brand new pads squeak a little against the ear pieces of my glasses.

I had the chance to try it with an LTA MZ3 and iBasso DX320 this past weekend as well, but for now, I think I will seek out a better cable (probably from Arctic Cables) in terms of usability (I'm currently using the Hart cables from my Sundara, but the splitter is a bit too low and catches on the edge of my desk. The included Hifiman cables are sheathed in black fabric).

Jun 28, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #4,160 of 5,216
Hifiman' stock cables are famous and spark humor and debate, anyhow i didnt have a chance to hear the black 'new' stock cables so..
Sonically the stock cable is fine? is it even worth upgrading from a sonic point of view?

Jun 28, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #4,161 of 5,216
Sonically the stock cable is fine? is it even worth upgrading from a sonic point of view?
i would say it's very much lackluster : as any cable upgrade i tried improved the sound a way or another , in comparison. I try it from time to time ( i.e. when changing something in the rig , to test synergies ) and i am always , instantly surprised - more shocked really - by how the stock cable sounds meh. Never got it working better then other cables : in any system tested up to now.

But there 's someone that find it perfectly fine ..so... Just my opinion..ymmv..

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #4,162 of 5,216
i would say it's very much lackluster : as any cable upgrade i tried improved the sound a way or another , in comparison. I try it from time to time ( i.e. when changing something in the rig , to test synergies ) and i am always , instantly surprised - more shocked really - by how the stock cable sounds meh. Never got it working better then other cables : in any system tested up to now.

But there 's someone that find it perfectly fine ..so... Just my opinion..ymmv..
I've tried the HE1000SE with the stock cable, a cable from Hart, and the Forza Noire hybrid cable. The Forza for me, really brought out much more detail. I did notice a little less bass, but I just got the cable yesterday, and they recommend 150hrs of burn-in. I'm quite confident things will equalize soon, but for the meantime, I'm really loving listening to the he1kse with the forza cable!
(Marco Custom cables in Australia also had a very tempting cable, he'll make a copper/silver hybrid cable -- I went with Forza just because it was a bit less expensive)

Jun 28, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #4,163 of 5,216

What wiring do you recommend? Silver? Copper? Hybrid?

Jun 28, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #4,165 of 5,216
I've tried the HE1000SE with the stock cable, a cable from Hart, and the Forza Noire hybrid cable. The Forza for me, really brought out much more detail. I did notice a little less bass, but I just got the cable yesterday, and they recommend 150hrs of burn-in. I'm quite confident things will equalize soon, but for the meantime, I'm really loving listening to the he1kse with the forza cable!
(Marco Custom cables in Australia also had a very tempting cable, he'll make a copper/silver hybrid cable -- I went with Forza just because it was a bit less expensive)
The Forza is great with the HEKse’s, but the Norne Vygarde is slightly better with them. I have both of these cables and went back and forth with them on the HEKse’s and the Vygarde won out. It has the same level of detail retrieval as the Forza, but with a better bass response.

Jun 28, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #4,166 of 5,216
What wiring do you recommend? Silver? Copper? Hybrid?
Agree with @boodi. The HEKse’s are tuned with a hybrid cable and I think they sound the best on the HEKse’s. Using an all copper cable does give you a fuller overall sound. It’s a sonic preference thing for sure.

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #4,167 of 5,216
Look for the Danacable Lazuli Reference Plus or a Lazuli Ultra. You will be in for a real treat with the HEXSE.
You can also find used for good price. Then get adapters to use with multiple ear speakers

Jun 30, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #4,168 of 5,216
If someone asked me which headphones should I buy? I would say HE-1000 Stealth first. All the more after the renewed price reduction. both of the issues mentioned are quite personal.
hi. Which model from the hek series would you recommend for rock-metal? I'm thinking of getting hekse. I don't have a desktop setup. I will use it with dap.

Jun 30, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #4,169 of 5,216
hi. Which model from the hek series would you recommend for rock-metal? I'm thinking of getting hekse. I don't have a desktop setup. I will use it with dap.
hekse for sure. You get the best detail, speed and layering in the hek lineup. I actually believe metal is one of the most impressive genres on the hekse. I tried some Disturbed and the energy and detail was unreal to me. It's really a showcase on this headphone and I would actually play metal music to show off the headphone to other people but the people I know hate metal unlike me..... :L3000:

Jun 30, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #4,170 of 5,216
hekse for sure. You get the best detail, speed and layering in the hek lineup. I actually believe metal is one of the most impressive genres on the hekse. I tried some Disturbed and the energy and detail was unreal to me. It's really a showcase on this headphone and I would actually play metal music to show off the headphone to other people but the people I know hate metal unlike me..... :L3000:
thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back