Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jun 20, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #4,126 of 5,252
He1000se feels a total ( totl too) intruments of reproduction of music sources and genres , with few compromises inherently to his character .. if any as I might push saying I already came out of the hole very happy : adjusted them with gear-match

1900$ for them as an endgame of portable open cans and an endgame in all senses - saved for a future upgrade on Susvara .
That' s something.
You run them on whatever amp and source you have at hand.
That's something, again.
You run them in matched gears and synergy then you can't quite trust how good they are (and anyday after is the same..no hype )

I just want Susvara sale now Hifiman make them 3000i$h and you ll have hordes of new users( praising them i have no dubts ) me the first

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #4,127 of 5,252
Even at $3k would be a hard sell for me to get the Sus considering I'd still have to buy a similar priced range amp like Oor or Bliss. And probably upgrade my DAC. Not worth it for me to chase that last 10%, I'm perfectly content with the HEKSE.

Jun 20, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #4,128 of 5,252
Even at $3k would be a hard sell for me to get the Sus considering I'd still have to buy a similar priced range amp like Oor or Bliss. And probably upgrade my DAC. Not worth it for me to chase that last 10%, I'm perfectly content with the HEKSE.
We just need a revised Susvara that is a lot easier to drive and a price cut but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Audeze did this with the LCD 4Z.

Jun 20, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #4,129 of 5,252
We just need a revised Susvara that is a lot easier to drive and a price cut but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Audeze did this with the LCD 4Z.
+1 It should borrow the technicalities of Susvara (particularly vocals) but should still retain the egg shaped design which gives the HekV2/SE soundstage, an area HEK series beats the Sus.

Jun 20, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #4,131 of 5,252
The good thing is when you have a chain that could properly drive the Susvara. You have a chain that will drive everything.

Jun 20, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #4,132 of 5,252
I feel the LCD-4Z is the best all round Audeze headphone IMHO.
I have the LCD 4 but I have not heard the Z version.

People say that the Z version is a lot less detailed than the OG LCD 4. What's weird is that Hifiman release an SE version of the HE1000 that is the easiest to drive and the most detailed? How did Audeze go backwards and Hifiman go forward in this aspect?

Jun 20, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #4,133 of 5,252
I didn’t find it that way. But everyone hears differently. Like some will say the HEKV2 is better than the HEKSE. Don’t even see how they can think that. But everyone has their own taste. But will say if you like the HEKSE the best out of all the HEK series then you will like the LCD-4Z better.

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:10 AM Post #4,136 of 5,252
I had problems with the clamping force, and could not wear the headphones for more than an hour. There was also this sharpness, around 1 kilohertz. The v2 doesn't have that.
I hope for a better V2 from the SE.
Without 1 kilohertz sharpness.
You really were pushing the v2 stealth has the holy grail some times ago. Changing taste or being bored of a coloration is a most normal thing when using headphones 👍👍👍 ears say " been there heard that lesson learned " part of the journey but.. mind , that the clamping force of he1000v2 , stealth and se is the same ..just in case that was the real problem ( +1khz /or mids forwardness energy etc that definitely is he1000 stealth peculiar character and I see how that works perfectly ' in the instant ' forbthe intimate feeling and for some soul music i.e. : as well as not so much in the long run for more widespread genres )

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #4,137 of 5,252
If someone asked me which headphones should I buy? I would say HE-1000 Stealth first. All the more after the renewed price reduction. both of the issues mentioned are quite personal.

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #4,138 of 5,252
...that the clamping force of he1000v2 , stealth and se is the same
That is not correct.
I recently had the HE-1000 V2 and the HE-1000 Stealth at home at the same time. The Stealth has much more clamping force than the V2.

HE-1000 SE 440g
HE-1000 V2 420g
HE-1000 Stealth 458g

Jun 21, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #4,140 of 5,252
Anyhow I wouldn t say - in no way - that stealth has ' much more clamping force ' as i couldn't even notice a difference..they both sit on my head comfortably

Like the hekse

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back