Hifiman HE1000-SE
Jun 30, 2023 at 5:43 AM Post #4,171 of 5,216
hi. Which model from the hek series would you recommend for rock-metal? I'm thinking of getting hekse. I don't have a desktop setup. I will use it with dap.
Definitely Stealth

Jun 30, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #4,172 of 5,216
I would go stealth, easiest to drive. Especially with no desktop setup, going with a dap.

-----HEK-----------------Impedance-------Sensitivity
HE1000 Stealth -----------32ohms-----------93db
HE1000 SE-----------------35ohms-----------96db
HE1000 V2-----------------35ohms-----------90db

(4 Reference) LCD-x--------20ohms----------103db-------Super duper easy to drive

Stay away from the V2, hardest to drive.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #4,173 of 5,216
hi. Which model from the hek series would you recommend for rock-metal? I'm thinking of getting hekse. I don't have a desktop setup. I will use it with dap.
Hekstealth for me for hard rock/metal

Hekse is good but may sound thinner then hekstealth on metal,
hekstealth has more energy and more grip in mids, guitars will benefit ; they will run fine on daps too

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #4,174 of 5,216
Hello guys.
I continue my investigations about the FR of the He1000SE. In fact there is something I don't get. It is really hard to find a setup for all type of music. Just because all music mixing go to vary bad to very good with a wide panel of possibilities. Anyway for songs I think the HeKSE needs a bit of EQ. It is not easy to measure precisely on my side but there are tendancies I clearly notice. I have tried to measure my Oppo PM-3 and I clearly see the Harman curve (in blue), but not at all with the SE. FR is pretty flat in fact and I guess that the flatness above 10kHz is the reason why it can be hard with some songs (the PM-3 is following the curve and diving after 10000khz). If I look at Crinacle, the SE seems to follow the Harman curve but I don't see that. Any idea?
Here is the picture and don't be too focused on the imperfections of the measurement.
1688142982772.png

Jul 1, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #4,175 of 5,216
Anyone running the HEKse with the latest 2023 version of the Burson Soloist 3X GT amp? If so, what op amp configurations are you running?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #4,176 of 5,216
Anyone running the HEKse with the latest 2023 version of the Burson Soloist 3XP GT amp? If so, what op amp configurations are you running?
What is changed in the 2023 3XGT? Mine is the one with the red volume dial. I wasn't aware there were multiple versions? (anyway to tell which version I would have? i purchased in 2023 but who knows if i was sent older version)?
I used to have the 3XP, then upgraded to 3XGT (there is no 3XP GT to my knowledge).
I see now they have a 3GT version as well which is single ended

Anyway, I'm running mac mini -> gustard u18 -> gustard r26 -> burson soloist 3xGT
I tried using all the gains and settled on high gain.
I haven't really experimented with the crossfeed so for now its off.

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #4,177 of 5,216
What is changed in the 2023 3XGT? Mine is the one with the red volume dial. I wasn't aware there were multiple versions? (anyway to tell which version I would have? i purchased in 2023 but who knows if i was sent older version)?
I used to have the 3XP, then upgraded to 3XGT (there is no 3XP GT to my knowledge).
I see now they have a 3GT version as well which is single ended

Anyway, I'm running mac mini -> gustard u18 -> gustard r26 -> burson soloist 3xGT
I tried using all the gains and settled on high gain.
I haven't really experimented with the crossfeed so for now its off.
Sorry, I meant 3X (no P) GT. Yes, newest version comes with the red knob. Here’s a video explaining the differences:

Jul 3, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #4,178 of 5,216
i have been listening to Use Your Illusion II ( Guns&Roses) sometimes lately
a couple of favourite songs of the album mainly , every now and then between other tracks
But it is definitely all of a good production for 1991 ( album is dated 32 years ago ) I most definitely like the whole of it , the production , the mix above standard for a '90 production and the plain music contents ; and it's been almost 30 years I like it too. HE1000SE definitely does justice to the tunes of this album and serves a remarkable base , great separation , emotional guitars grip , and a stage that goes from decent to poetic to terrific and deep depending on songs .

then..... I decided to switch to the 2022 hi-res remasters of the album
a thing I somewhat restrained doing it until yesterday because I 've been into classic jazz fusion songwriters and prog/metal genres along last 2 years the most, and left good part of the '90 behind ( because '90 are something I've grown in between in my youngness ..and fed with , and know well )

I will tell you about this when I am finished absorbing what he1000se say about the remaster ( short story : really I wasn't prepared to such a jump ...... subtitle : he1000se courtesy really .......... )

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #4,179 of 5,216
one of the most notable things in my music consume is that I revisited almost all of it with he1000se ( and going through still in the last months , from he1000se on ) , as they make for revisiting and rediscovering and re-appreciate
but . but .
differently from other headphones while they he1000se bring up things and genres "left behind" for some reasons , they also save in the meanwhile everything else
what I mean is : that other headphones have more of a taste for some genres ...they are excellent with A B C and good with D and E
he1000se still have seemingly so a sort of preference ( or I would better say a niche of weakness : female vocals i.e. :/ ) but really they span wildly from classical to metal to classic rock to jazz and fusion solo songwriting soul music even electronics with so little compromise : thing that other sets of headphones do not display as well as them

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #4,180 of 5,216
the only problem I really have is summer
it is getting hot
and I can't wear he1000se confidently and for hours with these temperatures
but any other headphones is same really in regards to this issue so..

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #4,181 of 5,216
give me another headphones that has the same air , same lyrism , same stage and precision , same detail and separation , and same tight deeep bass of he1000se , give me all that on par with them ; same portability and drivability and manners related to amps and power ; and I will try them or buy and challenge the he1000se
( but call it Susvara , and set me back waiting for free funds of 10k$ to spend on the chain. and no practical portable device to exploit their potential too )

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #4,182 of 5,216
the only problem I really have is summer
it is getting hot
and I can't wear he1000se confidently and for hours with these temperatures
but any other headphones is same really in regards to this issue so..
I have a large tube amplifier so it gets hot and I can't leave it on for more than 3.5 hours as I don't want it to overheat. This in turn creates a hot listening room which doesn't make me want to listen to music in that environment. I can turn a fan on but that creates noise and air which alters/downgrades the listening experience.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #4,183 of 5,216
same problems with temperatures , environments and work in the summer : any electric device will create heat or noise , and air conditioner is not everything - always - everywhere the option .

Tubes , amps generate lot of heat . yes . Pads after some temperatures and use become uncomfortable on ears , whatever the headphones , mesh or materials..
( he1000se is almost the more comf of them all too ..)

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #4,184 of 5,216
Off topic but I don’t want to have an email at each post. Alert is ok but I have 30 mails a day. I have unticked the email alert but… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jul 3, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #4,185 of 5,216
Off topic but I don’t want to have an email at each post. Alert is ok but I have 30 mails a day. I have unticked the email alert but… 🤷🏻‍♂️
I had the same problem. Unfortunately had to report Head-Fi as ''spam'' and unsubscribed. Haven't had an issue since. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back