Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 20, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #14,492 of 14,653
Wow-that's a detailed and great tattoo mate!!
Yeah when I told my guy "let's do this album cover of Juice next" I was saying it to kind of troll bc I didn't really think it was doable like it ended up being. His reply was, "Sure. Probably 5 hours" and I was like, "oh.... BET!"

Turned out great.

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #14,493 of 14,653
Me, none :)
But my wife's friend recently celebrated his 90th birthday (they met in gym a few years ago :) )
And for 90th birthday, he got his first tattoo...Bruce Lee :)
He said it's just the beginning :)

I am a visual artist...so I love good tattoos...
Man, fact is tattoos are pretty damn addictive! One good tatt idea births a dozen more every time lol.

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #14,494 of 14,653
Man, fact is tattoos are pretty damn addictive! One good tatt idea births a dozen more every time lol.
I can imagine that :)

I will correct myself...I remembered that I actually have one tattoo.
It's a dot! :)

I accidentally stabbed myself in the finger with an ink pen a long time ago when I was cleaning it :).

Cheers!

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #14,495 of 14,653
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm going to try my luck in this thread: Are any of you HE1000 users into IEM's as well?

I love my HEKS, and I've been spoiled with their fantastic sound.
I'm looking to upgrade my IEM's, as I enjoy using them while working. Summer is also coming, and big headphones make my small head sweat in the heat :D

I would love to get IEM's that have similar qualities as the HEKS, and I've been looking at reviews for a few months now, but not sure if I'm getting closer to anything final. Unfortunate I have very limited options to go listen to IEM's as the shops we have locally, won't allow it for hygiene reasons.

So, has anyone in here found a good set of IEM's that have some of the qualities that the HE1000's also have? Preferable in the $4-500US price range?

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #14,496 of 14,653
Are any of you HE1000 users into IEM's as well?
I have plans to buy HE1000...I am using IEMs, too...but that doesn't help much :)
I'd say buy a used IER Z1R, and you won't have to look for another/better one...but it's more than 400-500.

If the folks here don't give you a hint of what to buy,
you can ask on the Discovery thread DISCOVERY; they know a lot about IEMs under 1k.
I know that some new IEMs on the market seem to be very good, like NiceHCK Himalaya.
Dunu Falcon Ultra are also very good and affordable IEMs, $250.
I have Simgot EA2000, which could fall in that ballpark you are looking for...

Which IEMs do you have?

Cheers!

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #14,497 of 14,653
Not sure if this is the right place, but I'm going to try my luck in this thread: Are any of you HE1000 users into IEM's as well?

I'm looking to upgrade my IEM's, as I enjoy using them while working. Summer is also coming, and big headphones make my small head sweat in the heat :D

I would love to get IEM's that have similar qualities as the HEKS, and I've been looking at reviews for a few months now, but not sure if I'm getting closer to anything final. Unfortunate I have very limited options to go listen to IEM's as the shops we have locally, won't allow it for hygiene reasons.

So, has anyone in here found a good set of IEM's that have some of the qualities that the HE1000's also have? Preferable in the $4-500US price range?
I am hearing good things about the prototype of the Elysian Pilgrim. I haven't heard it but many that did at CanJam loved it. I think it is coming in around $500.

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #14,498 of 14,653
senn ie600 is a good option for used in that price range.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #14,499 of 14,653

I guess there’s not many ppl that are super active on both IEM and HP world.
I’m not gonna be much help too, I started off from IEMs and now transitioned to HPs, but I still keep a few IEMs like A18s, U12t both 64audio and EVE20 Vision ears. But they are all so different from HEKS and way out of your budget.
Maybe chi-fi is your best bet for that budget. Or try to find a 2nd hand IE800 senn?
Tbh, it’s very hard to get a similar sound HEKS on an IEM, so if you do find one please let us know 😁

Mar 21, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #14,500 of 14,653

I only have a Blessing 2: Dusk, which were supposed to be really good for the price few years ago, but they're disappointing compared to the HE1000, zero reasons for me to use them. Your best chances of finding something similar is most likely in the $1000+ range.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #14,501 of 14,653
There's never been an IEM to sound as good as an HeK tbh.
And how could it?

Mar 22, 2024 at 1:16 AM Post #14,502 of 14,653
senn ie600 is a good option for used in that price range.
Since I have both, I should probably comment. The IE600s are certainly very good but quite different to the HEKS; narrower and shallower sound stage, a lot less sweetness, detail and timbre (I miss that when using the IE600s), but more bass thump and a little brighter so more fun. That said, and given that that HEKS are twice the price, the IE600 are very good and I enjoy using them with my DAP so yes, they would be a possibility but they sound a bit coarse compared to the HEKS.

My guess would be that the Svanar would be the closest IEM to the HEKS but I haven't heard them and they are a lot more expensive.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #14,503 of 14,653

If you're looking for planar I've heard great things about CFA Supermoon and Oriolus Szalayi. Both will be technically closer to the HEKS but maybe out of your budget.

An oldie but a goodie is the 7hz Timeless. Popular planar that went for $200 and within your budget but just ok technicalities. Or Tin HiFi P1. Both still very enjoyable and has similar qualities.

Keep in mind no IEM will sound as open or spacious as the HEKs tho. You might want to try asking in the water cooler thread.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #14,504 of 14,653
Thanks a lot for your responses, I really appreciate that. :thumbsup:

However, I should have been more clear: I'm not hoping/expecting to find IEM's that can do the same as my HEKS can. Especially not for 500USD or below.
What I am hoping to find, is IEM's that have great technicalities, a neutral to bright-ish tonality, that is fast and open in the sound. As this is how I hear the HEKS. I was hoping to find a set of IEM that has similar tonality and would maybe get me 20% of the way to a HEKS.
There are SO many IEM's, and since I know I like the sound of the HEKS, I thought that could maybe be used as a guideline to which IEM's to look for.

Mar 22, 2024 at 4:16 AM Post #14,505 of 14,653
Thanks a lot for your responses, I really appreciate that. :thumbsup:

However, I should have been more clear: I'm not hoping/expecting to find IEM's that can do the same as my HEKS can. Especially not for 500USD or below.
What I am hoping to find, is IEM's that have great technicalities, a neutral to bright-ish tonality, that is fast and open in the sound. As this is how I hear the HEKS. I was hoping to find a set of IEM that has similar tonality and would maybe get me 20% of the way to a HEKS.
There are SO many IEM's, and since I know I like the sound of the HEKS, I thought that could maybe be used as a guideline to which IEM's to look for.
I’m curious on what setup do your use for HEK Stealth, and portable setup for IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back