Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 25, 2024 at 12:04 AM Post #14,251 of 14,653
Stealth is great for ambient. More bass, sub bass, extension and presence and control compared to 800s. As well as having such ethereal highs. Resolution is top tier so no drop-off from 800s there. It might be even more detailed- it's a detail monster.

Slightly less soundstage but it's quite spacious compared to most headphones. Not an 800s , but, I doubt you'll feel cramped.

I'm listening to this right now as I type so it's not a bassy track, but it has some presence there and the details are insane. Plankton floating.

Thanks a lot. Have you compared stealth to SE or v2 ?

Feb 25, 2024 at 1:46 AM Post #14,252 of 14,653
The whole story of He1000 Stealth is odd. Began it's life as a $2999 pair of cans. Man, it's just an exceptional value.
And K9 Pro serves up all the details these things crave. The treble is insanely good; almost Staxx-like. Bass , sub bass, all of it is great.

Just to get you even more amp'd up :beyersmile:
I’m on just the K9. Just curious. You using the supplied XLR or 4.4?
Running on Medium gain?

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #14,253 of 14,653
Thanks a lot. Have you compared stealth to SE or v2 ?
I haven't A/B'd them, and I havent even heard the SE. But, I have heard the v2. Im sure it's a favorite of some for it's smoothness but I prefer the Stealth for their better attack.

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #14,254 of 14,653
I’m on just the K9. Just curious. You using the supplied XLR or 4.4?
Running on Medium gain?
I used the XLR default at first but I use my Norne hybrid now. The supplied cable sounds pretty great for an included cable. Is a bit too long for my liking but it doesnt have bad harmonics , feels fine in the had, and rolls up nicely. Definitely a huge upgrade from their old catheter looking cables.
Medium gain usually but sometimes I run high gain and keep it around 11 o'clock or 12. Maybe it has slightly better dynamics like that but maybe not either lol.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #14,255 of 14,653
I'm listening to this right now as I type so it's not a bassy track, but it has some presence there and the details are insane. Plankton floating.

Wow, that sounds amazing on the Stealth, close your eyes and you're in another universe!

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #14,256 of 14,653
Just picked up a EF600 last night and I'm in love. Now I know what the R2R fuss is all about..... bass is deep and powerful, the mids/vocals are smooth and magical, the highs are clean and tamed to point I no longer need to EQ my HEKV2. Hifiman must have designed this thing to cover the weaknesses and accentuate the strengths of their headphones, because the soundstage of my HEKV2 is just ridiculous now.... wide, deep, and immersive. Same goes for my Arya as well. It makes the music so much more lively and engaging. I'm happy I finally found the perfect match for my Hifiman's

As for my other DAC/AMP's.... the Burson has great dynamics but can sound a bit lean on certain tracks. It does nothing better than the EF600 so I'll probably sell it. The K9 PRO is a good all-arounder with great transient response/attack but the soundstage is seriously lacking. It's a good match with my TH900 and excellent for IEM's, so it's a keeper for now, but overkill for that purpose. I might downgrade to something like the K5 pro or DX3 down the line. Or maybe something portable.

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #14,258 of 14,653
The engaging sound with nice bass impact is really nice.

My next step in audio will be getting a nice dac for my Violectric 280. The Chord Qutest, RME ADI 2, Schiit Bifrost are on my mind. Maybe R2R dacs like Gustard R26, Denafrips Ares 2 too.
I matched the V280 with the Qutest for my stealths...no more gear chasing for me...quite brilliant

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #14,259 of 14,653
I matched the V280 with the Qutest for my stealths...no more gear chasing for me...quite brilliant
aw, yes, a magical pairing, that. Congrats.

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #14,260 of 14,653
Just picked up a EF600 last night and I'm in love. Now I know what the R2R fuss is all about..... bass is deep and powerful, the mids/vocals are smooth and magical, the highs are clean and tamed to point I no longer need to EQ my HEKV2. Hifiman must have designed this thing to cover the weaknesses and accentuate the strengths of their headphones, because the soundstage of my HEKV2 is just ridiculous now.... wide, deep, and immersive. Same goes for my Arya as well. It makes the music so much more lively and engaging. I'm happy I finally found the perfect match for my Hifiman's

As for my other DAC/AMP's.... the Burson has great dynamics but can sound a bit lean on certain tracks. It does nothing better than the EF600 so I'll probably sell it. The K9 PRO is a good all-arounder with great transient response/attack but the soundstage is seriously lacking. It's a good match with my TH900 and excellent for IEM's, so it's a keeper for now, but overkill for that purpose. I might downgrade to something like the K5 pro or DX3 down the line. Or maybe something portable.
Congrats , Man.

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #14,261 of 14,653
I have a Qutest and an Ares II that are connected to the Lyr+.
I still feel, even if very faintly, the HE1000 Stealth with bright treble in some songs.
A little less when I use Ares instead of Qutest.
Maybe I'm a little sensitive, I don't know!!

I'm thinking about buying the V222.
Will it have better synergy with one of my DACs?
Would Qutest + V222 be a better combination than Lyr+ to “solve” this treble situation that I feel in the HE1000 stealth?

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #14,262 of 14,653
Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #14,263 of 14,653
Glad to see the love for the HE-1000 is still going strong after all these years. :)

I actually had the OG HE-1000 before I took part in the upgrade program for HE-1000v2. Courtesy of Jeremy and the great crew at AV One, the Singapore AD. :)

I am still enjoying the HE-1000v2 as part of my rotation.

IMG_3380.jpeg

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #14,265 of 14,653

Users who are viewing this thread

Back