Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 6, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #14,221 of 14,653
The s17 switches over to Class AB at a certain power level. Is that the case with the Mjolnir 3 or is it always class
The s17 switches over to Class AB at a certain power level. Is that the case with the Mjolnir 3 or is it always class A?
checked with the new owner and it has speaker heat sinks, so it’s doesn’t overheat. Gets warm but not overly. Class a 100% of time. Definitely leaning towards this but still keeping options open for s17

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #14,222 of 14,653
checked with the new owner and it has speaker heat sinks, so it’s doesn’t overheat. Gets warm but not overly. Class a 100% of time. Definitely leaning towards this but still keeping options open for s17
Yeah I'm getting a bit wet mouthed ... Narrowed to one or the other pretty much.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #14,223 of 14,653
Yeah I'm getting a bit wet mouthed ... Narrowed to one or the other pretty much.
Apparently some qc issues with aune. Overheating and not being able to cool down. My mate bought 2 and hadn’t had an issue with either of his but he is helping out others with issues and said there is a bit of poor qc.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #14,225 of 14,653
hi all. Just ordered HEKv2 to decide between it and SE which I have been trialing for a week or so. Have a couple of weeks to decide between the two.

Eager to hear dac amp recommendations. Budget is up to around $1000. Currently using Mojo 2 but could return those and either step up to more feature rich DAP or go with a fully desktop arrangement.

What suggestions do you have?

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:54 AM Post #14,226 of 14,653
@Daniel4IEM
Just received my SE tonight to compare to my v2 and ran them in for only ~3hrs before listening to them for ~3hrs.
My initial impressions are very positive regarding the SE itself--not in comparison--being I'll need much more time to listen and switch between the two. I'm also using my Lazuli Reference Plus XLR cable (from my Utopia) being I have 3.5mm adapters for the SE--as well as 2.5mm adapters for my v2. I'm curious as to which you prefer after sufficient time with both.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #14,227 of 14,653
@Daniel4IEM
Just received my SE tonight to compare to my v2 and ran them in for only ~3hrs before listening to them for ~3hrs.
My initial impressions are very positive regarding the SE itself--not in comparison--being I'll need much more time to listen and switch between the two. I'm also using my Lazuli Reference Plus XLR cable (from my Utopia) being I have 3.5mm adapters for the SE--as well as 2.5mm adapters for my v2. I'm curious as to which you prefer after sufficient time with both.
will surely let you know! Looking forward to hearing your impressions as well

Feb 10, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #14,228 of 14,653
Mjolnir 3 is always class A...
I'm locked in on Mjonir 3. Definitely ordering it sometime soon , although they won't be shipping any new orders until April.
The Aune s17 is a fantastic value and everyone says it sounds great, but, the Mjolnir3 is the type of amp you NEVER get rid off.
I want.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #14,229 of 14,653
will surely let you know! Looking forward to hearing your impressions as well
I kept v2.

There were moments SE brought tears to me eye due to sheer sonic beauty. They were also moments the brightness was overwhelming and I had to simply skip tracks. As much as I really wanted SE to work I found I could not keep them on my head for very long and for $500 cheaper V2 is a no-brainer.

I also just picked up the Audio-gd R-28 NOS all in one unit and am currently burning in. It’s only been two days but oh my god it’s quite amazing and keeps getting better.

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:31 AM Post #14,231 of 14,653
How are the HE1000 Stealth paired with FiiO K9?
Was going to get the Arya Organics but ended up with the HEKS and it’s coming in a few weeks
I haven't tried that particular pairing, but trust me - you will be stoked with the HEKS, whatever you pair with them!

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #14,232 of 14,653
I haven't tried that particular pairing, but trust me - you will be stoked with the HEKS, whatever you pair with them!
I can’t wait. I’m upgrading from Ananda Stealths. The dealer I was speaking with said to me. Why not the HEKS? The vocals are even more intoxicating. Then I ordered

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:43 AM Post #14,233 of 14,653
I can’t wait. I’m upgrading from Ananda Stealths. The dealer I was speaking with said to me. Why not the HEKS? The vocals are even more intoxicating. Then I ordered
You are about to be a VERY HAPPY LISTENER!!!!!!! enjoy mate!!!! Ananda Stealths are lovely and I started with Edition XS (also lovely) but HEKS can be endgame for some!!!!

Feb 24, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #14,235 of 14,653
Does a Topping DX9 improve the sound because of its power in comparison with the Smsl Do400 with the HEK Stealth? I think I will take the Smsl because it is stupid to pay the same price for the amp as for the headphone.
Normally I will say stick to what you want.

i prefer the dx9 and the Hifiman ef400 over the smsld400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back