Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 5, 2024 at 10:47 PM Post #14,206 of 14,689
It's very difficult to quantify a subjective opinion.
100%
I wouldn't buy the HE1000V2 without a warranty though as it feels a bit fragile but I have no issues so far
Going on ~6yrs with my v2 without any issues with sound or build quality whatsoever.

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #14,207 of 14,689
I just pulled the trigger on a Schiit Mjolnir 3 directly from the website. I'm very much looking forward to it driving my HEKS.

Regarding the Tungsten comment above, someone mentioned something on the MJ3 thread how it drove it just fine.
You get your Schiit yet, DB?

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #14,208 of 14,689
You get your Schiit yet, DB?
We have just (not me) received one in our Patreon group that one of the members bought. Because it’s 2w class a, apparently it drives sus with ease! Watch currawong’s review. I’m part of passion for sounds Patreon. He (currawong) states that 10w amps class ab are still only running less than a w most of the time snd thst extra wattage is not being used, hence class a much more powerful as 2w being used 100%, hence the heat produced . Also a mate has the aune s17 pro and it drives sus to full potential.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #14,209 of 14,689
We have just (not me) received one in our Patreon group that one of the members bought. Because it’s 2w class a, apparently it drives sus with ease! Watch currawong’s review. I’m part of passion for sounds Patreon. He (currawong) states that 10w amps class ab are still only running less than a w most of the time snd thst extra wattage is not being used, hence class a much more powerful as 2w being used 100%, hence the heat produced . Also a mate has the aune s17 pro and it drives sus to full potential.
The Aune s17 Pro is in my cart right now, probably gonna mash buy. Class A Gang.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #14,210 of 14,689
The Aune s17 Pro is in my cart right now, probably gonna mash buy. Class A Gang.
I have the Sparkos Aries which is just lovely but it won’t power any hard to drive cans. I’m considering selling and getting the aune or mjolnir 3 or another class a in case I ever get the tungsten’s or sus.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #14,211 of 14,689
I have the Sparkos Aries which is just lovely but it won’t power any hard to drive cans. I’m considering selling and getting the aune or mjolnir 3 or another class a in case I ever get the tungsten’s or sus.
Any interest in a bloody wonderful ss amp from sparkos in mint condition for a great price?

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #14,212 of 14,689
Crazy, Hifiman needs to fix this naming convention. Sellers now make their own names.

2024-02-06_10h31_44.png
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hifiman-he1000-planar-dynamic-headphone.748334/page-948

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #14,213 of 14,689
You might want to research the s17pro forum first.
A bunch of users said if the s17pro goes over a certain temperature, then the current is reduced, and sound quality drops.
Probably needs additional cooling such as a fan or AC to keep it cool.

Feb 6, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #14,214 of 14,689
The old electrical nerd in me wants a Class A, too. Mjolnir 3 's numbers arent that impressive but it does seem like with Class A power less is needed. Im definitely on a knowledge hunt this week as I figure this out.
One thing that did give me pause was Ive seen a few people mention that Aune s17 isnt the best synergy with Hek, not entirely sure if they mean across the line-up of just on HeKse, but, yeah. Doesnt make much sense to me that an Aune s17 wouldnt be magical with HeK.

I bet the Aries is pretty great on HeK.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #14,215 of 14,689
A bunch of users said if the s17pro goes over a certain temperature, then the current is reduced, and sound quality drops.
Yeah ive been making my way through the thread, thanks for the heads up. It has a few quirks for sure but also has some very high praise.

Who uses Aune S17 with HeK in here? Whatcha got for me? Also eyeing the Mjolnir.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #14,216 of 14,689
My mate has it running constantly and has an infinity cooling exhaust and says it never runs over 50 degrees, remaining on the 100ma all the time.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #14,217 of 14,689
The old electrical nerd in me wants a Class A, too. Mjolnir 3 's numbers arent that impressive but it does seem like with Class A power less is needed. Im definitely on a knowledge hunt this week as I figure this out.
One thing that did give me pause was Ive seen a few people mention that Aune s17 isnt the best synergy with Hek, not entirely sure if they mean across the line-up of just on HeKse, but, yeah. Doesnt make much sense to me that an Aune s17 wouldnt be magical with HeK.

I bet the Aries is pretty great on HeK.
Aries is just beautiful pairing with every one of my cans!!!! Articulate, clear and slightly on the warmer side (which I guess doesn’t hurt my brighter stealths or Jm audios). I do prefer my tubes though. Was only considering swapping Aries out as I don’t have any amps to drive low sensitivity hps, which is ok at the moment as I don’t have any.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #14,218 of 14,689
Yeah ive been making my way through the thread, thanks for the heads up. It has a few quirks for sure but also has some very high praise.

Who uses Aune S17 with HeK in here? Whatcha got for me? Also eyeing the Mjolnir.
Interested to hear s17/stealth matching too

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #14,219 of 14,689
My mate has it running constantly and has an infinity cooling exhaust and says it never runs over 50 degrees, remaining on the 100ma all the time.
oh, hell yeah, perfect. Huge reason to get it is to run it on 100ma!

iiWi says it's his best ever amp and that made me do a double take.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #14,220 of 14,689
The s17 switches over to Class AB at a certain power level. Is that the case with the Mjolnir 3 or is it always class A?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back