Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Dec 11, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #13,726 of 14,647
This may just be placebo but I did feel that the HEKv2 came alive after switching from the DX3 Pro+ to A30 Pro. Again, not 100% sure as I demoed the EF400 and EF600 with my HEKv2s can couldn't tell a difference between those two, but the DX3 Pro+ to A30 Pro switch improved my experience quite a bit

I drive my HEK Stealth with the DX3 pro+ and it works and sounds fantastic.
Nice! Thanks for answering my question, much appreciated

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #13,727 of 14,647
I currently have a GSX MK2 driving my V2 Stealths and liking it very much. But you know how this thing goes...
I can't help but wonder what a decently powered tube amplifier would do to my classical music listening. I see a lot of tube amplifiers that I'm interested in but overall, most of them probably don't have sufficient watts or current to drive them nearly as well as the Headamp GSX MK2 and Mini that I have here.

Can anyone recommend a tube amplifier that has adequate drive for the HEK V2 Stealth?
I'd like to keep it under $2,000. New or used.

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #13,728 of 14,647
I currently have a GSX MK2 driving my V2 Stealths and liking it very much. But you know how this thing goes...
I can't help but wonder what a decently powered tube amplifier would do to my classical music listening. I see a lot of tube amplifiers that I'm interested in but overall, most of them probably don't have sufficient watts or current to drive them nearly as well as the Headamp GSX MK2 and Mini that I have here.

Can anyone recommend a tube amplifier that has adequate drive for the HEK V2 Stealth?
I am using the Cayin HA-3A to good effect, can’t say how it compares to theGSX but certainly like it a lot more than my Burson 3XP when it comes to the HE1000 Stealth.

Dec 11, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #13,729 of 14,647
I am using the Cayin HA-3A to good effect, can’t say how it compares to theGSX but certainly like it a lot more than my Burson 3XP when it comes to the HE1000 Stealth.
Ok Cool. Thanks. I also had the 3XP on the HEK V2 Stealth. I much preferred both the GSX Mini and the mk2.

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #13,730 of 14,647
Dec 11, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #13,731 of 14,647

I got the Tor Audio Roger last week and I love it with my HEKS. It's probably not in the league you are looking at, but it is transformer coupled amp like the mentioned Cayin, and has enough power from what I've heard so far.
Tube rolling it should bring it to another level, but I've not tried any of that yet, as I'm enjoying it a lot in its stock configuration.
My Violectric isn't getting much play time at the moment 😁

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #13,732 of 14,647
I got the Tor Audio Roger last week and I love it with my HEKS. It's probably not in the league you are looking at, but it is transformer coupled amp like the mentioned Cayin, and has enough power from what I've heard so far.
Tube rolling it should bring it to another level, but I've not tried any of that yet, as I'm enjoying it a lot in its stock configuration.
My Violectric isn't getting much play time at the moment 😁
Thanks!

Dec 11, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #13,733 of 14,647

I have 2 driving stealths, Mcchanson (eBay or has own site)-an older Chinese Australian man who builds awesome otc and otl tube amps and eufonika from
Poland (Etsy)-same deal. Both excellent tube otc amps. Eufonika was $900 aud and Mcchanson was $1500 aud. Great to tube roll too. Mcchanson on left. Both have plenty of peer and stealths sound amazing on them!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6300.jpeg
    IMG_6300.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6458.jpeg
    IMG_6458.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Dec 11, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #13,734 of 14,647
Wow. Thanks for the info. They don't run out of juice while driving the V2 Stealths?
About how much power are they getting via those amplifiers? Thank you for the input again.

Dec 11, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #13,735 of 14,647
Wow. Thanks for the info. They don't run out of juice while driving the V2 Stealths?
About how much power are they getting via those amplifiers? Thank you for the input again.
I assume you’re talking to me as the last poster? Not sure of exact specs-I think Mcchanson is 2-3 watts and eufonika must be similar as they both put out similar power sound wise. I listen loud too often and have the volume pot at about 1pm max and I use remote on my streamer and can go extremely loud. Plenty of headroom and 0 noisefloor.

Dec 11, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #13,736 of 14,647
🤔

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #13,737 of 14,647
About how much power are they getting via those amplifiers? Thank you for the input aga
I don't think power will be an issue with either of those two ( I considered those as well and was also in contact with Wieslaw from Eufonika). They should both have more power than the Tor I mentioned, and I don't go above 50% volume with the HEKS, unless the recording itself is very low :)

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #13,738 of 14,647
I don't think power will be an issue with either of those two ( I considered those as well and was also in contact with Wieslaw from Eufonika). They should both have more power than the Tor I mentioned, and I don't go above 50% volume with the HEKS, unless the recording itself is very low :)
Would highly recommend either of those. Both have been great to deal with. Wieslaw is a lot slower and more laconic but he is funny! Eric is funny too and bloody quick. Both great support though.

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #13,739 of 14,647
Would highly recommend either of those. Both have been great to deal with. Wieslaw is a lot slower and more laconic but he is funny! Eric is funny too and bloody quick. Both great support though.
I agree, even though I haven't been in contact with Eric, as is expensive to import from Australia.
I think most of these smaller builders/companies all have great service, it was the same with Tor Audio, nothing bad to say about that experience either 👍

Dec 12, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #13,740 of 14,647
Hello everyone. I'm shopping around for a new set of cans and would like to try the he1000 series, currently trying to choose between the HEKv2 and the HEK Stealth.

I currently have a DX3 pro+ and whilst my online investigating tells me either HEK would get much benefices from a better amp/dac I'll like to get some feedback if its enough for now to drive one of those headphones. I've found on this thread someone saying 1.8W@32ohm was enough to drive the stealth but its unclear to me if I can get by with it on the HEKv2.

Sorry for the noobish question. I tried my best to read up on it before asking and try to figure it out by myself but things get confusing quickly :head_bandage:
I never thought my iphone and ipad was lacking power in driving my hekse. VERY easy to drive well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back