Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 12, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #11,476 of 14,748
yep... it got a little confusing when the German shops over charged at 2399 ... maybe they were testing costs for hifiman...
The German pricing definitely confused me. Not sure if it’s a tax thing or they just took advantage of being one of the only sources of a new revision…

Feb 12, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #11,477 of 14,748
Feb 12, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #11,478 of 14,748
Cette certaine dureté qu'a Arya Stealth, et qui ne s'élimine ni avec l'égaliseur, ni avec les tubes, c'est finalement la raison pour laquelle je l'ai abandonné.
Le HE-1000, quelle que soit sa version, n'a définitivement pas cette dureté !

Les deux HE-1000 sont clairement une mise à niveau de l'Arya Steahlt.

Attention:
mes écouteurs sont toujours ajustés en fonction des paramètres cibles Hamann d'Oratory.

Classement en termes de timbre :
1. HE-1000 V2 furtif
2. HE-1000 V2 non furtif
3. Arya Steahlt
4. Arya V2 (loin derrière)
Désolé, j'ai les deux versions du HE1000 mais je n'ai jamais possédé ni entendu l'Arya Stealth. Mais compte tenu de vos préférences, je pense que la voie de mise à niveau naturelle pour vous serait l'Arya V2 ou le HE1000 V2 non-Stealth. Ils partagent la même signature sonore que votre Ananda OG avec de meilleures technicités.
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide

Feb 12, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #11,479 of 14,748
Feb 12, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #11,481 of 14,748
Probably some poor chap got swindled to turn in his v1 and add $1500 to get the SE. HFM really knows how to make money. They get the old cans for free and resell for 100% profit and then also make profit on the $1500 they charge for the SE version. Truly well played.

Edit: I do have to add that I was contemplating giving HFM the $1500 to “upgrade” to SE way back when HFM first offered the “upgrade” option….until I heard SE on multiple occasions. I was glad I did NOT take the offer. v1 is warm, open, big sounding and inviting…not so with SE. This is just another example of an “upgrade” is actually a downgrade for me. I have had this happen to me with speakers, amps, DACs, etc. This is why I don’t buy unless I have heard it IRL.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #11,482 of 14,748
That seems high for a V1.... wonder if its the 2.5mm or 3.5mm
There was never a 3.5mm connector V1, only came into the V2 after being on the market for a while.

Feb 12, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #11,483 of 14,748
I like most genres except for rock/metal. Sometimes I listen to 90's hip hop but mostly on my Radiance. (recording is bad and too revealing on Hifiman's)

HE1000 V2 - any vocal-centric music (pretty much all pop) jazz, blues, classical, orchestral
HE1000 V2 Stealth - EDM, house, some instrumental (especially good with string instruments)
Arya V2 - all genre (really a case of jack of all trades, master of none) and movies

So far I'm finding that one of the biggest downsides of the technical abilities of the Stealth is it's incredibly fast transient response and decay. Along with it's ability to retrieve detail, it makes music sound super technical and revealing but also very lean, and sometimes lifeless. I think it's a trade-off for it's speed, but I feel it loses the richness and fullness of the V2 models. It's especially noticeable with slower paced music like ballads, jazz and classical.

The Arya is the best for movies because it's bass has the most weight to it. And the bass sounds like it's coming from very far out on some scenes, almost like a subwoofer.

Oh and I don't play games.
It't funny how we here things differently, I do not hear them as lean or lifeless, the deep solid bass & very clean, non sibilant treble to me works well. Only occasionally on a very few recording to I find a tiny bit of upper mid glare, but I used to get this on other cans so maybe my system rather than the headphones. I can listen to these for long periods without fatigue whilst still getting plenty of energy from the music which I really like.

Feb 12, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #11,484 of 14,748
It't funny how we here things differently, I do not hear them as lean or lifeless, the deep solid bass & very clean, non sibilant treble to me works well. Only occasionally on a very few recording to I find a tiny bit of upper mid glare, but I used to get this on other cans so maybe my system rather than the headphones. I can listen to these for long periods without fatigue whilst still getting plenty of energy from the music which I really like.
Is it on its own or in reference to V2 non Stealth?
Any phones sound fine and peachy by themselves if you don't do direct comparison to others, that's when the difference shows.

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #11,485 of 14,748
Right, keep in mind that most of my impressions are based on how the three Hifiman's sound in comparison to each other, and unrelated to what they sound to all other headphones. It's like driving a Porsche Carrera and GT3RS back-to-back and saying that the Carrera brakes feel mushier and the engine feels lifeless and unresponsive, even though it's still better than 95% of the cars out on the road. It's all relative.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #11,486 of 14,748
Right, keep in mind that most of my impressions are based on how the three Hifiman's sound in comparison to each other, and unrelated to what they sound to all other headphones. It's like driving a Porsche Carrera and GT3RS back-to-back and saying that the Carrera brakes feel mushier and the engine feels lifeless and unresponsive, even though it's still better than 95% of the cars out on the road. It's all relative.
A very good point. I have not heard the original V2 recently. Prior to purchasing these, I auditioned the Audeze MM500, Arya V2, LCD-5 (which was too pricey for my budget), all were very good, the HE1000 Stealth was my overall favourite however. I do not have the financial resource to own several headphones & I don't really want to either, I just want a system to allow me to enjoy my music, I still have in excess of over 300 albums loaded on my Melco that I have not listened to yet, I don't have the time to keep messing around with tweaks. I am sure whichever version of the HE1000 people own they are going to have a great experience listening to their music so have fun & keep sharing your experiences.

Feb 13, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #11,487 of 14,748
Absolutely. Both versions are fantastic headphones and I wish could keep them both if I had unlimited funds.

Feb 13, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #11,488 of 14,748
Same here. I feel like the amp is coming into play here. I listen on my Cayin HA-3A with some warm NOS tubes and it sounds amazing. I haven't done much comparisons on my FiiO m17 (plugged in), which is the only solid state I own nowadays.

Feb 13, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #11,489 of 14,748
Same here. I feel like the amp is coming into play here. I listen on my Cayin HA-3A with some warm NOS tubes and it sounds amazing. I haven't done much comparisons on my FiiO m17 (plugged in), which is the only solid state I own nowadays.
I am on the verge of buying the Cayin, new to tubes but really tempted to give it a try. I have the Burson 3XP which I really like & seems to work pretty well on mid gain through the SE output with the HE1000 Stealth. There have been some favourable comments on the Cayin forum in comparison to the Burson so very close to pulling the trigger on one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back