Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jul 2, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #7,696 of 14,653
mmm......I kinda' feel the same, having used the HE 1000 for a couple of months now. It is the best  general-purpose (sounds good across all musical genres)  high-end open-back headphones in the market. @goldendarko, if not stock,  what is your favorite headphone cable with your HE 1000?
DHC Comp4 is what I use with it and it's the best I've heard. Expensive though and I can't really call it a good value for the amount of improvement. But regardless it's still the best I've heard them sound.

Jul 2, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #7,697 of 14,653
I use Norne Zoetic, and I really like them, but I never got to compare with other cables. Except for the Dana cable, which did sound a bit better, but were quite expensive, so I stuck with the Norne. Norne makes very pretty cables, much nicer looking than the Dana, and more flexible, if those things are also important.

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #7,698 of 14,653
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask.
How to take care of your he1000.

Just get it today..

My friend he1000 had rusty patches over his metal bar.?

Anyhow why does it get rusty for aluminium.??

How to take care to prevent rusty and spoiled to the pad or the wood..??

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #7,699 of 14,653
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask.

Just get it today..

Thanks,
Jonathan

I just hang it out to dry on a headphone stand in the living room.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #7,700 of 14,653
mmm.....HE 1000 rust? Not on mine. I keep it dry and just polish it with microfiber cloth and to  gently remove dust build-up. Lint-remover or scotch tape on the lining of the earpads and leather conditioner on the rest. Looks good as the day I bought it. For heavy duty cleaning: I use a non-abrasive metal polish for all the metal parts, which removes metal crud, polishes it and protects it from the elements, specially in a marine environment. The wood is varnished so no worries as it is sealed.

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #7,701 of 14,653
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask.

Just get it today..

Thanks,
Jonathan

Aluminum does not rust, steel and iron do.    
The corrosion on Aluminum can be remove without real damage to the base material.  The corrosive layer on your friend's HE1000 may be due to his perspiration over time.  I guess the simple way to prevent this from happening to your HE1000 is to wipe your headbands with a cotton cloth after each use.  I also use a lens blower to remove stuff from the cups and driver guards

paul

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #7,703 of 14,653
Been a member of hifi for many years but new to this thread. I need some help I am using mojo to drive my Hex and it does a great job
I am thinking of buying the He1000, but cannot afford them and a new dac amp, will the mojo drive the hek well or am I always want to upgrade
Please help me with this

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #7,704 of 14,653
Been a member of hifi for many years but new to this thread. I need some help I am using mojo to drive my Hex and it does a great job
I am thinking of buying the He1000, but cannot afford them and a new dac amp, will the mojo drive the hek well or am I always want to upgrade
Please help me with this

The HE1000 sounds fine with my Hugo.  I suspect it should be fine with Mojo as well.

paul

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #7,705 of 14,653
Please help me with this

Power and sound wise Mojo and HE1000 are a good combination in my book. No need to upgrade your source/amp (until you can afford a DAVE, which makes an end game system for me).

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #7,707 of 14,653
  Has anyone seen the deal for the HE1000 at adorama? It's going for 2099. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to bite at that price? I'm upgrading from LCD-2 rev 1s.

Where are you seeing this?

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #7,709 of 14,653
Jul 4, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #7,710 of 14,653
  No need to upgrade your source/amp (until you can afford a DAVE, which makes an end game system for me).

Or a T+A DAC8 DSD if you're into top notch upsampled DSD512 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back