Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jun 12, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #4,291 of 14,805
It's a ymmv kind off thing, my initial impression is, co mfortable, but I find the 560 more comfortable...go figure (maybe I'm just more used to them).

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #4,292 of 14,805
If a pair of $3,000 headphones disappeared from my headphone while listening to music, my comfort levels will decrease dramatically!!! 

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #4,293 of 14,805
Certainly making me think twice also, unacceptable at any price

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #4,294 of 14,805

Excuse me, @Decoy, but *I*am the ORIGINAL guinea pig for this headphone.  See... it shows it in my avatar!!

(...and everyone who knows me calls me a "Pig" any way, but I am sure it is just a fond abbreviation!)

My sincerest apologies, Your Piggy-ness.

Jun 13, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #4,295 of 14,805
  Listening to my production version HE-1000s right now. They just arrived and they look great and prove that planar magnetic headphones CAN be very comfortable! Seriously, they are as comfortable as my SR-009s or HD800s after about an hour. The build quality is excellent; as is the storage box that came with them.

Sound wise I don't want to say too much. But I did get shivers when I started listening to some Dire Straits. Telegraph Road's beginning was as real as I've heard it...literally sent shivers down my spine. I can certainly hear why Frank I raved about them...so far seems very well warranted!

FWIW, I'm playing them through my main rig: balanced 4pin XLR --> GS-X Mk2 --> Metrum Hex DAC --> Cambridge Audio 650C CD Transport --> CD of Dire Straits' Greatest Hits

L3000.gif

So can your please tell me how you just now get excited about this headphone and then get a production version the very next day. I realize your M.H. and everything but I put in a preorder over a good 2 months ago and have not gotten mine yet. Supposedly from the dealer who was suppose to get the production versions first, ttvj. Has anyone else received a production version yet?

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #4,296 of 14,805

So can your please tell me how you just now get excited about this headphone and then get a production version the very next day. I realize your M.H. and everything but I put in a preorder over a good 2 months ago and have not gotten mine yet. Supposedly from the dealer who was suppose to get the production versions first, ttvj. Has anyone else received a production version yet?

Where did you pre-order?

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #4,299 of 14,805
Those who order directly from Hifiman's own Head-Direct website will probably get their production HE1000s straight from the Shenzhen, China warehouse. DHL ships to North America in 2 days.

Meanwhile those who ordered from North American retailers will have to wait till those retailers get bulk stock of HE1000 from the SAME Chinese warehouse, THEN the retailers will have to take a day or two and then ship these units out to the customers which takes another day or two at best.

Therein lies the discrepancy.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #4,300 of 14,805
  Those who order directly from Hifiman's own Head-Direct website will probably get their production HE1000s straight from the Shenzhen, China warehouse. DHL ships to North America in 2 days.

Meanwhile those who ordered from North American retailers will have to wait till those retailers get bulk stock of HE1000 from the SAME Chinese warehouse, THEN the retailers will have to take a day or two and then ship these units out to the customers which takes another day or two at best.

Ahh thank you. Should not be too much longer for me then. Peter your review is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Was just curious how you got yours so fast.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #4,302 of 14,805

Maybe if he did some multi page large review but so far all I have seen is a few sentences on the comfort.
confused.gif

Lookout for that Guru review. 
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #4,303 of 14,805

Exactly! That's what I did. That's how I got my LCD-3s weeks before others pre-ordered them from resellers. Going to the OEM is quite a bit quicker! 

FWIW, TheGrumpyOldMan got his pair a day before me.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #4,305 of 14,805

Users who are viewing this thread

Back