Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 11, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,366 of 14,798
One could argue that the HE-560 is also a very special headphone, but I get that a fully-driven HE-6 could be superior...
I am just not convinced achieving that is worth the price, hassle or especially effort, looking at some people's 'dedicated' HE-6 rigs.

I spent $0 for a pair of speaker amps I had in storage. I made a cable to use my headphones with speaker wire terminals. I've heard better speaker amps but it's more than adequate for the cost. Don't be jaded by the ":wink:" freaks with all that iron but my limited experience has shown me that the better the component's power, the higher the performance. The devices that push performance over cost are commonly more expensive on initial purchase. But amps are an analog technology that hasn't changed much by way of transformer and cap. usage. The better power supplies are not cheap but the old gear that does have it can be had at great value for return. And they can drive any headphone, not just the HE-6s and speakers.

The overwhelming "urge" to provide a headphone with a headphone amp and the power of suggestion is strong here. I'm a recovering gear addict that discovered some alternate routes to this journey. Now I've some gear that's pretty much useless (detours) and more respect for the intrepid DIY and tuner spirit. With better performance, one may discover their favorite music badly recorded but the good stuff is spectacular. Damn you Head Fi, it's been fun.

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,367 of 14,798
I spent $0 for a pair of speaker amps I had in storage. I made a cable to use my headphones with speaker wire terminals. I've heard better speaker amps but it's more than adequate for the cost. Don't be jaded by the "
wink.gif
" freaks with all that iron but my limited experience has shown me that the better the component's power, the higher the performance. The devices that push performance over cost are commonly more expensive on initial purchase. But amps are an analog technology that hasn't changed much by way of transformer and cap. usage. The better power supplies are not cheap but the old gear that does have it can be had at great value for return. And they can drive any headphone, not just the HE-6s and speakers.

The overwhelming "urge" to provide a headphone with a headphone amp and the power of suggestion is strong here. I'm a recovering gear addict that discovered some alternate routes to this journey. Now I've some gear that's pretty much useless (detours) and more respect for the intrepid DIY and tuner spirit. With better performance, one may discover their favorite music badly recorded but the good stuff is spectacular. Damn you Head Fi, it's been fun.

+1

You speak the truth..

beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #1,370 of 14,798
Any more word if news are soon to be released? Very interested in the basic info. Price, availability, sold in kits or individually, mostly price.

If you were to be actually interested in it, you'd read the thread, It has been said several times that they will be selling it as a combo and separate.... availability is 2nd Quarter.  Price is unknown yet but some sources in Australia estimate at $3500 USD

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #1,374 of 14,798

If you were to be actually interested in it, you'd read the thread, It has been said several times that they will be selling it as a combo and separate.... availability is 2nd Quarter.  Price is unknown yet but some sources in Australia estimate at $3500 USD

None of what you posted has actually been officially confirmed.
Nice passive aggressive comment in the odd thumbs up you gave to the post criticizing the one quoted here.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,376 of 14,798
As Moon had the HE1000 advertised for sale at $2500 I strongly suspect that we are going to see a  higher price at the end of the day, a "what the market will bear price" rather than Fangs usual formulation, which it seems WOULD have been $2500, if ,of course I'm reading the Goat entrails correctly.

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,377 of 14,798
  As Moon had the HE1000 advertised for sale at $2500 I strongly suspect that we are going to see a  higher price at the end of the day, a "what the market will bear price" rather than Fangs usual formulation, which it seems WOULD have been $2500, if ,of course I'm reading the Goat entrails correctly.

The price Moon audio advertised appeared the same day there was some speculation on this thread about a $2500 sticker.  And disappeared quickly when HFM stated that no price had been established.  I have a feeling that the head-fi cart drove the Moon audio pricing horse on that one.

I agree that it's going to be substantially more than $2500. $4K?  Who knows....

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #1,378 of 14,798
So nothing OFFICIAL yet. Thanks, I may or may not be interested depending on info I'm looking for.

Any more word if news are soon to be released? Very interested in the basic info. Price, availability, sold in kits or individually, mostly price.

Feb 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #1,379 of 14,798
What other flagship headphones are released in 2015?

The Dharma..as far i understand..but more are coming..in theory a very interesting alternative for just under 1500usd as far i understand...some say it will come between the he1000 and the dharma..

And looksie what i just read on hifiman thread and i quote:

Yes HiFiMAN is working on some new full-size dynamic phones. No details yet but stay tuned.

Maybe a (easy to drive!!) counterattack for the possible successor of the hd800 of sennheiser???

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #1,380 of 14,798
The Dharma..as far i understand..but more are coming..in theory a very interesting alternative for just under 1500usd as far i understand...some say it will come between the he1000 and the dharma..

And looksie what i just read on hifiman thread and i quote:

Yes HiFiMAN is working on some new full-size dynamic phones. No details yet but stay tuned.

Maybe a (easy to drive!!) counterattack for the possible successor of the hd800 of sennheiser???

I would personally speculate more along the line of an entry-level or mid-fi product rather than another flagship with the HE1000 coming soon. silly to release two flagships at the same time. Something very competitive in price compared to alternative options at that price point, but not gunning for ultra-high-end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back