Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 7, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,276 of 14,685
I know folks are excited about the release of the HEK, but I'd advise you all to chill a bit, because 2015 is going to be a hell of a year for the number of SERIOUS phones released. Of course if you can buy multiple top end phones then why not! But for those of us who have to think about how we're gonna pay for our next purchase (myself included) then I would urge you to sit back and wait for the goodies to arrive. The way things are shaping up I'm doubting the HEK will be the best performer for me.
Again 2015 Year of the Headphone!

lol what other flagship type headphone is coming out? i havent rly heard of much anything else in this $1k+ region.

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,277 of 14,685
The he1k sucks. Boom $1000 off lol

If only that were the case
wink_face.gif

I will be very surprised, and pleased, if the HEK is priced below 3,000 USD.

Really hope I am wrong about this and it comes out @ 2,000ish. That would make my day
smile.gif

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,279 of 14,685

- Audeze LCD-Z for starters.
- Sennheiser next electrostatic flagship.
- Enigma Acustics Dharma

What, is that confirmed?  
eek.gif

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,280 of 14,685
Anyway, if the HE-1K is above 3K $, I am getting the Yggdrasil instead and have to be content with the HE-560, or find a contestant in the more modest price ranges [Dharma, etc.]
We'll see what else's gonna be out there 
popcorn.gif

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,281 of 14,685

- Enigma Acustics Dharma

What, is that confirmed?  
eek.gif

Rumored, and vaguely, maybe, sort of, not really, confirmed through some people who claim they're in the know. 

Anyway, if the HE-1K is above 3K $, I am getting the Yggdrasil instead and have to be content with the HE-560, or find a contestant in the more modest price ranges [Dharma, etc.]
We'll see what else's gonna be out there 
popcorn.gif

I think I agree. 

It seems like Amps and DACs aren't  changing as rapidly as the headphone technology. Hifiman reintroduced planars like 5 years ago and since then there's been some big improvements, but in that time amplifiers and high end DACs really haven't changed much. Seems like every 2 years or so the "hi-fi" headphones trickle down into the "mid-fi". I think I'll wait it out with you. Maybe I'll take that saved money and put a little more into speakers 
beerchug.gif
 . Speaking of, why hasn't anyone bought that C10? That's such a good deal sitting there. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,283 of 14,685

Rumored, and vaguely, maybe, sort of, not really, confirmed through some people who claim they're in the know. 

I think I agree. 

It seems like Amps and DACs aren't  changing as rapidly as the headphone technology. Hifiman reintroduced planars like 5 years ago and since then there's been some big improvements, but in that time amplifiers and high end DACs really haven't changed much. Seems like every 2 years or so the "hi-fi" headphones trickle down into the "mid-fi". I think I'll wait it out with you. Maybe I'll take that saved money and put a little more into speakers 
beerchug.gif
 . Speaking of, why hasn't anyone bought that C10? That's such a good deal sitting there. 

IKR. I'd love to send it on its way... Seems like the European market is not as gargantuan as the rest, or not as niche 
biggrin.gif
 I wish I could ship it to the States but that'd propel the price to the ~1500+$ range. Right now, it is around 600$+ shipped.

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,285 of 14,685

I think I agree. 

beerchug.gif

Only problem is if you think the HEK is going to be expensive the Sennheiser may surprise even then :wink: (from what i have heard)

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,286 of 14,685
- Enigma Acustics Dharma

-the audeze lcd-z won't appear until after june 2015. prob much later than that. if its aiming to be the new flagship then $2k+. If not a flagship replacement like what ppl seem to be suggesting then somewhere $1-2k.
-for sennheiser, only rumors & speculation at this point, so prob another year at least before we even begin hearing rumors of a real prototype
-the Enigma Acustics Dharma has a suggest retail price of $1200. rumored release timing is 2nd quarter this year. first pair of headphones by this company. first electrostatic-dynamic hybrid.

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #1,287 of 14,685
  Only problem is if you think the HEK is going to be expensive the Sennheiser may surprise even then :wink: (from what i have heard)

Another Orpheus type offering with pricing to match, is what I have heard.

Take the HEK pricing and stick another '0' on the end and you get the picture.

Not in my lifetime, that's for sure. Even it sounds like the hand delivered golden audio nectar from naked angels...

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,288 of 14,685
Wouldn't it be silly if Sennheiser's offering does cost much more but doesn't sound as good as the HE1K. TBH even though the price of the HE1K hasn't been released we have a rough ballpark figure (without the amp). If Sennheiser decides to go $6-9K headphone, they better back it with the stuff.

Of course they would have an out if they included an amp... which I think it very much will come with one if their headphone isn't up to Hifiman's SQ.

Quote:

Another Orpheus type offering with pricing to match, is what I have heard.

Take the HEK pricing and stick another '0' on the end and you get the picture.

Not in my lifetime, that's for sure. Even it sounds like the hand delivered golden audio nectar from naked angels...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back