Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 6, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #1,261 of 14,719
The EF1000 is more powerful and a speaker amp.  The HE1000 will be something to consider  if you have speakers you want to drive. The finished product will be nicer also and quieter than this  prototype. The LQ Gold disappears  a excellent  choice.

"disappears" hopefully translates into, gets transparently out the way. I would assume that the EF1000 has tube attributes that solid state doesn't bring to the table, but it's good to know there is high res alternative if tubes are not one's preference to power the HE-1000

Feb 6, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,262 of 14,719
The EF 1000 is  a hybrid so there are  6922 tubes and 24 transistors in the design.  It is a powerful speaker and headphone  amp. The Liquid Gold all solid state and  is an eccellent match with this headpohne. I will be trying two more  amps tomorrow one is the new  Burson Conductor

Feb 7, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #1,263 of 14,719
The EF 1000 is  a hybrid so there are  6922 tubes and 24 transistors in the design.  It is a powerful speaker and headphone  amp. The Liquid Gold all solid state and  is an eccellent match with this headpohne. I will be trying two more  amps tomorrow one is the new  Burson Conductor

We are all waiting for your reports :). Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

Will you also try the HUGO or at least be able to tell us if it has enough power to drive the hE1000 properly.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,264 of 14,719
We are all waiting for your reports :). Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

Will you also try the HUGO or at least be able to tell us if it has enough power to drive the hE1000 properly.

I would also like to know this. 

Feb 7, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #1,265 of 14,719
  I have not done side by side comparison and there ar many good headphones on the market and is certainly in the top tier.It is the best Hifiman has developed so far in my opinion.  I will miss this when it leaves at the end of  he month. Awesome headphone for sure. Very open sounding and I am really enjoying my long sessions listening to it.

I keep hearing this about different products, they are only words, the question is if you're going to buy them when they come out now that you know what they are capable of in a controlled environment (Not noisy for one) or do you consider other headphones superior or these headphones are not enough of an improvement over what you already have.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #1,266 of 14,719
I will be writing  a detailed report at the end of the month and since it is a prototype comparing it is really difficult. The impression  will be detailed and will give you an honest opinion. The production model will be set to me for a formal review when they are ready. I have not even listened to them for a week yet but will continue posting impressions and give you a detailed preview impression here on Headfi.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #1,268 of 14,719

I keep hearing this about different products, they are only words, the question is if you're going to buy them when they come out now that you know what they are capable of in a controlled environment (Not noisy for one) or do you consider other headphones superior or these headphones are not enough of an improvement over what you already have.

The prototype is outstanding headphone and is open so any noise in you environment  be noticeable as is with all open headphones. This competes with any headphone I have heard currently on the market.  Certainly would like to own one.

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #1,270 of 14,719
I know folks are excited about the release of the HEK, but I'd advise you all to chill a bit, because 2015 is going to be a hell of a year for the number of SERIOUS phones released. Of course if you can buy multiple top end phones then why not! But for those of us who have to think about how we're gonna pay for our next purchase (myself included) then I would urge you to sit back and wait for the goodies to arrive. The way things are shaping up I'm doubting the HEK will be the best performer for me.
Again 2015 Year of the Headphone!

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #1,271 of 14,719
  I know folks are excited about the release of the HEK, but I'd advise you all to chill a bit, because 2015 is going to be a hell of a year for the number of SERIOUS phones released. Of course if you can buy multiple top end phones then why not! But for those of us who have to think about how we're gonna pay for our next purchase (myself included) then I would urge you to sit back and wait for the goodies to arrive. The way things are shaping up I'm doubting the HEK will be the best performer for me.

+1. The HE1000 hype train has been building steam for a while. I think some clever marketing has come into play - splashy product launch - let folks play with the prototypes - create tons of interest, but don't tell anyone the price (possibly around $3,500 USD).

I won't be part of the buying frenzy when this headphone gets released. I want to wait for the situation to calm down and get some comparisons between the HE1000 and the modded HE6 (and whatever else 2015 might bring). It isn't enough for the HE1000 to be better than the modded HE6 - it has to be better by enough of a margin to justify the hefty price tag. Hopefully my local supplier will have a demo pair eventually so I can try for myself, otherwise I will have to rely on the views of others.

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #1,272 of 14,719
What other flagship headphones are released in 2015?

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #1,274 of 14,719
The he1k sucks. Boom $1000 off lol

Hype hype hype! Frank going to say it's the best headphone he's ever heard and the hype train will officially kick on the afterburn. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it truly were the best headphone he's tried. Hype hype hype! Boom another $1500 on the price tag

Fang hasn't set a price yet.  We're supposed to be trashing the HE-1000 so Fang lowers its msrp.

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,275 of 14,719
  Fang hasn't set a price yet.  We're supposed to be trashing the HE-1000 so Fang lowers its msrp.

Was that the plan? I don't think that memo got very good circulation 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back