Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Dec 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #31 of 14,653
Want.  Need.  

He skipped a whole range of numbers and went right to the old 1000.  Ballsy.  
Love the lobe-like look of them.  

PRICE ? ? ?  

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #32 of 14,653
  Want.  Need.  

He skipped a whole range of numbers and went right to the old 1000.  Ballsy.  
Love the lobe-like look of them.  

PRICE ? ? ?  

I hope it's 2x as good and costs 2x as much as HE500 :) But it's more likely to be rather 1.2x as good and 4x more expensive =/

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #34 of 14,653
Dec 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #37 of 14,653
these are kinda ugly - hate the headband

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #38 of 14,653
Look like this is the answer from Audeze upcoming model LCD Z 1200 ohm
Maybe Hi Fi Man HE 1000 is 1000 ohm ?

Audeze is making a 1200 ohm headphone? Interesting & unique, sure, but for what purpose? And what sort of headphone amplifier would be ideal for such a thing? Something totally new?

They had a prototype out, but no statement that any production units would be 1200 ohm.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #39 of 14,653
Sub`d

Dec 30, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #41 of 14,653
I like the steampunk look. Of course, more importantly is its comfort and how it sounds.

Dec 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #43 of 14,653
This hobby has jumped the shark for me....

I can no longer keep up. And the price tags keep climbing. Maybe someone will sell me their HE-6 for cheap after everyone upgrades to this.

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #44 of 14,653
This hobby has jumped the shark for me....

I can no longer keep up. And the price tags keep climbing. Maybe someone will sell me their HE-6 for cheap after everyone upgrades to this.

I don't think it's anything to worry about. I mean we already have $75000 DACs and multi thousand dollar cables, and you can still get good sound without them, so what's the problem with a few multi-thousand dollar headphones existing?

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #45 of 14,653

I don't think it's anything to worry about. I mean we already have $75000 DACs and multi thousand dollar cables, and you can still get good sound without them, so what's the problem with a few multi-thousand dollar headphones existing?

Well, everything under 2000USD will soon to be considered mid-fi or even low-fi... I loved headphone hobby for the simple fact that people could get a taste of so-called 'high-end' for reasonable amount of money (well, more or less reasonable in comparison to average salary AND in comparison to normal pricing in speaker world) + share their experience on forums containing very little elitism. People could reach the high-fidelity experience at home, without disturbing others and without having to worry about surrounding environment.

But with prices increasing rapidly and constantly, many people (including myself) will be unable to keep up and have the same high-fidelity experience in the future. For me, owning several flagship headphones (one or two of them simultaneously each time) was and always is a mixed experience - love the fidelity because listening to music is my favourite thing to spend my free time on... but hate the fact I have so much money put into something that can easily stop working and is not something my life truly depends on.

Well, I quite answered this for myself... My life does not depend on high-end audiophile gear so I will just move on, I guess. That said, I am questioning myself whether it will indeed be possible to get a good sound without spending multi(tens of)thousand dollars in the future. What if the SQ variability will be much more significant? Maybe you won't be able to get anything but rather crappy sound for 1000USD or so in the future, relatively speaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back