Big wad of money, nothing less than a twenty
Yo, you want a five? Oh, the dope man's got plenty
To be a dope man, boy, you must qualify
Don't get high off your own supply

From a key to a G, it's all about money
10 piece for a 10, base pipe comes free
If people out there are not hip to the fact
If you see somebody gettin' money for crack he's the
Dope man, dope man (Hey, man, give me a hit)

:beyersmile:

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #10,669 of 14,685
I’m now one week into the HEKv2 Stealth and brain burn-in is long complete. All I can say is - these headphones R O C K! I love them. I only know the Arya from memory, I had the OG back in 2020 but the HEK1000 are on another level for my preferences.

I’ve never listened to a pair of headphones that makes it that easy for me to enjoy critical listening as well as listening for pure fun and joy. Incredible, really. This is also the first pair of headphones I don’t need any EQ with.

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #10,670 of 14,685
Yes.
The HE-1000V2 were the best headphones I've ever had.
Honestly looking at your past list it's remarkable that you feel it comes so high especially with Utopia/LCD-5 up there.
The timing of the new release should actually enable me to get an order in as soon as they're up. And honestly a super Arya stealth? That's real endgame/system to build material right there.

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #10,671 of 14,685
The LCD-5 is a killer.
However, there is one big problem with these headphones: the highs and mids are aggressive.
There is nothing you can do about it.

Utopia is divine.
Excellent punch, the slam is mediocre at best. In addition, the Utopia does not like very high volumes. It also has a light metallic timbre.

The he-1000 V2 has a huge advantage over both: no matter what you play, it always sounds good.

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #10,672 of 14,685
I’m now one week into the HEKv2 Stealth and brain burn-in is long complete. All I can say is - these headphones R O C K! I love them. I only know the Arya from memory, I had the OG back in 2020 but the HEK1000 are on another level for my preferences.

I’ve never listened to a pair of headphones that makes it that easy for me to enjoy critical listening as well as listening for pure fun and joy. Incredible, really. This is also the first pair of headphones I don’t need any EQ with.
How is the sound stage compared to Arya (did you have V2 or Stealth?) and HD800s?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #10,673 of 14,685
The LCD-5 is a killer.
However, there is one big problem with these headphones: the highs and mids are aggressive.
There is nothing you can do about it.

Utopia is divine.
Excellent punch, the slam is mediocre at best. In addition, the Utopia does not like very high volumes. It also has a light metallic timbre.

The he-1000 V2 has a huge advantage over both: no matter what you play, it always sounds good.
Presently I have the Clear MGs which I definitely quite like, as well as some Eikons which I break out now and again. How did you feel about the MGs when you had them compared to Hek?

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #10,674 of 14,685
The MG was the most realistic headphones I've had.
Unfortunately, the driver has a construction error. The thing clips like hell on certain tracks and above a certain volume.
I like to listen very loud EDM.
I also always listen to Harman adjusted. That was too much for the MG.
So unfortunately he had to go...

Dec 14, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #10,675 of 14,685
The MG was the most realistic headphones I've had.
Unfortunately, the driver has a construction error. The thing clips like hell on certain tracks and above a certain volume.
I like to listen very loud EDM.
I also always listen to Harman adjusted. That was too much for the MG.
So unfortunately he had to go...
More realistic you think than HEK?

I've actually only encountered one song that can reliably clip my Clears which is the opening of A$AP Rocky - Fukk Sleep. Not even sure why, I just imagine it is incredibly low. But I can drive the MGs very loud on low gain on the SA-1, get huge bass and never really clip.

Dec 14, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #10,676 of 14,685
I bought the MG 2x. It's tragic...
Check out the MG thread.
A number of owners will confirm my experience. Unfortunately.

Dec 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #10,677 of 14,685
I’ve never listened to a pair of headphones that makes it that easy for me to enjoy critical listening as well as listening for pure fun and joy.
That's a good point. Sometimes highly resolving and detailed headphone can come across as analytical or sterile and makes it less enjoyable to listen to.

The Arya has a good balance in this regard. Where it has enough details but isn't overwhelming and keeps things engaging. Good to hear the V2 Stealth has this same quality.

Dec 14, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #10,678 of 14,685
I bought the MG 2x. It's tragic...
Check out the MG thread.
A number of owners will confirm my experience. Unfortunately.
I've had them about a year and it is sadly well known. I personally get sometimes very intermittent rattle with deep bass on them, almost sounds like a hair is trapped on the driver.

Maybe I am just lucky with my set or listening habits. I feel the HEK will be a really big change from the MG which is super exciting though, as the MG is actually quite similar to the Eikons in some ways.

Dec 14, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #10,679 of 14,685
I love HE1000V2, on technicalities it kills everything I've tried.
The only competing peer IMHO is HD800S (HD800 SDR in my case), it's like slightly less detailed (softer) version of HE1000v2 with more natural, warmer (yes I said it) timbre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back