Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
May 20, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #3,902 of 14,748
Anyone besides MattTCG running these out of a vintage speaker amp?  Moodryn...............I'm sure YOU have! 

May 20, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #3,904 of 14,748
i can't think of too many headphones with engraved serial numbers. When I had the SR007 iirc it was a little sticker somewhere between  the headband and the cups.

I don't think it really matters if it's engraved or not.

May 20, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #3,905 of 14,748
Sort of feel like at the price, should have gold engraving of the serial #, and a bevy of beautiful blonds coming out and singing the number for you when you touch it gently :D

May 20, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #3,906 of 14,748
HiFiMAN, when will you start shipping out the retail HE-1000s?  Todd the Vinyl Junkie and Razordog claim late May.  Other places, e.g. Moon Audio, claim early June.  

May 20, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #3,908 of 14,748
Please start sending out the second batch please.:)

May 20, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #3,909 of 14,748
24 hours on the HE1000 and they continue to improve. I was listening to Lyle Lovett, The Road to Ensenada and I had goosebumps down my back. That almost never happens. 

May 20, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #3,910 of 14,748
I had the same thing last night listening to Steven Wilsons new Hand.Cannot.Erase album. It's so easy to get lost in the music because you can hear so much detail it's almost like your watching a movie when you close your eyes. These things are unreal

May 20, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #3,911 of 14,748
HiFiMAN, when will you start shipping out the retail HE-1000s?  Todd the Vinyl Junkie and Razordog claim late May.  Other places, e.g. Moon Audio, claim early June.  

I think it depends on how beta tests go and if there r any adjustments to be made

Has anybody managed to listen to any dubstep/drum and bass with these yet?

I'd love opinions.

Some of the best bass textures ive heard with dubstep. Sometimes highs can be a bit piercing but its not all that brutal.

May 20, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #3,912 of 14,748
I think it depends on how beta tests go and if there r any adjustments to be made
Some of the best bass textures ive heard with dubstep. Sometimes highs can be a bit piercing but its not all that brutal.

Yes, I understand that it will depend on how the beta goes, and so I was hoping any HiFiMAN representatives following this thread might illuminate us on the subject. However, if there are still beta testers that have not received their headphones, then the retail release may be a bit further away than I am hoping.

May 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #3,913 of 14,748
  Yes, I understand that it will depend on how the beta goes, and so I was hoping any HiFiMAN representatives following this thread might illuminate us on the subject. However, if there are still beta testers that have not received their headphones, then the retail release may be a bit further away than I am hoping.

Since many of the beta phones have just reached the testers, there is no way that meaningful feedback has started. They need to burn in and even an opinion on sound, if no burn in was ever required, still takes time to formulate based on different types of music and amplification and even the pads forming, which I have found over the years to be very important, at least for my noggin.  I know that Fang has tested the heck out of these running them for long hours and putting them through a regime to weed out problems. I once saw multiple phones at his plant all running, aging them and testing for reliability. So now with them starting to get in the hands of some beta testers, some time is required. That is my assumption anyway. 

I am also realizing how good my home amp that I built from the design of Richard Marsh, is. Very pure in design and sound. 

I used to use a tin can with a string trying to talk to a friend. We would talk really loud and were sure it was working! I think we were about 15 feet apart. lol 

May 20, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #3,915 of 14,748
Just got the Beta HE-1000.  I had a good deal of in home quality time with the pre-production Alpha Version.  Dare I say it's improved further.  Seems to be even more transparent, either that Or I got used to the more hazy sounding HE-560 and HE-6 (relatively speaking, of course).  LOL, strange that the HE-1000 can make other previously awesome headphones sound decidely Mid-Fi.  

The new packaging is a huge improvement.  Leather(-ish?) wrapped with a brushed metal top plate.  I hope that HiFiMan make a nice travel case like they did with the older HE series.

The HE-1000 really is next level.

Giving them a good work out now.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back