Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 8, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #331 of 14,653
I was heading for a pair of He-560 after reading all the positive reviews. Until I heard the He-6. Although the amp I used, the SPL Phonitor, was under-powered for the he-6, the he-6 has an absolutely dark background and a transparency level that I have never heard of. It's the most speaker-like experience i have had, surpassing my HD800 and the he-560. When I listened to the HD800, I always knew I was listening to a pair of headphones, the sound was emitted from a membrane/surface, while the he-6 was completely transparent. AB-ing the He-6 and the he-560, the he-560 had more accurate tones, but like any other headphones I have heard, it sounded dirty next the the he-6. The He-6 wasn't perfect though, the treble energy of vocal was a bit too high to be really accurate, and they looked ugly and rough. So I thought, I must get the successor to the he-6, I'm glad the wait is over!

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #332 of 14,653
I already paid Moon Audio 2499 USD but they returned the money and the new info on their website is :pricing not yet finalised 
i  guess that the HEK will cost much more  i already mentioned that the combo is not yet finalized it will have more luxury  appearance
delivery early summer

HiFiMan HE-1000

Email to a Friend
Be the first to review this product

Email for Purchase

Brand: HiFiMan

Quick Overview

Pricing not yet Finalized - More info Soon 

Delivery most likely late Spring/Early Summer !!!!!

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #333 of 14,653
lol if they bump the price up further, i can't see who would want it regardless how great it sounds. it would be a extremely niche product.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #334 of 14,653
My take is that this is a classic halo product.  Something intended as a test bed for new technology that may trickle down as production methods decrease in cost and as a demonstration of HFM's capabilities.

As such, I don't think that sales volume is important; the value of a halo is the association of the brand with the technical capabilities.

Dodge may not sell many Vipers, but Vipers sell a lot of Dodges.  Sorry about the car analogy...

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #335 of 14,653
  I already paid Moon Audio 2499 USD but they returned the money and the new info on their website is :pricing not yet finalised 
i  guess that the HEK will cost much more 
blink.gif
 i already mentioned that the combo is not yet finalized it will have more luxury  appearance
delivery early summer
blink.gif

No news from your 'solid source'?

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #340 of 14,653
Could be that Moon Audio is just throwing a price out there and will correct it afterwards, it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be more expensive.
1-1,5k and Hifiman gets me sweating. 2,5k is a bit out there, but I might think about it if it's really the best thing by a wide margin.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #341 of 14,653
  no news,if Hifiman is not able to show a finalized product and pricing in a such important happening like CES I am ready to skip this combo .Fang has worldwide
audience and we see a project without price!! would you think that Sennheiser is going to show you a project of Sennheiser Orpheus 2  definitely not or is Fang just testing the reaction . Moon Audio released the price 2499 USD after some hours they pulled back,very nice marketing.Sorry i skip this combo .

I think they were gauging what people would be willing to pay for it or what people thought it was worth.

I think that's silly, but honestly, that's how most expensive headphones cost are determined. Just the highest number that the company thinks enough people would be willing to pay in order to maximize their profit margins.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #342 of 14,653
Here's an up side to that price, the he7 will probably be $1500-2000.

I'll iterate my guess of $1500-$1800, and add that hopefully it will inherit some of the technology from the HEK.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #343 of 14,653
That's the plan. Consider the he1k as a concept car and the he7 as the production version with adaptations of the tech.

Now if we can get some literature on that tech and more impressions..
I'll iterate my guess of $1500-$1800, and add that hopefully it will inherit some of the technology from the HEK.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #344 of 14,653
Maybe recommending or batting around prices isn't such a good idea, after all...

HiFiMAN agent: I hear 4K to 6K, from the guy with the ghastly skull sig pic. Any more bids? This is the finest piece of audio jewelry and sonic serendipity to ever adorn human ears. It has been once said by the Master Sage of Headphonedom that you are what you listen to, so pay big and live like the masters! (Master Sage is also quoted for saying "Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.") I hear 10K, from the man with the desert island, super duper, aurally audacious Sennheiser Orpheus rig of Timbuktu.  Anymore bids? Going once, going twice...

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #345 of 14,653
Hifiman likes to side with relative value, maybe they'll price em even lower to blow the crowd away on price to performance like most of their other headphones..

Maybe recommending or batting around prices isn't such a good idea, after all...

HiFiMAN agent: I hear 4K to 6K, from the guy with the ghastly skull sig pic. Any more bids? This is the finest piece of audio jewelry and sonic serendipity to ever adorn human ears. It has been once said by the Master Sage of Headphonedom that you are what you listen to, so pay big and live like the masters! (Master Sage is also quoted for saying "Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.") I hear 10K, from the man with the desert island, super duper, aurally audacious Sennheiser Orpheus rig of Timbuktu.  Anymore bids? Going once, going twice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back