Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
May 2, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #3,406 of 14,653
That's the point, you DON'T know the terms!

May 2, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #3,407 of 14,653
Just a lot of speculation going on.

May 2, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #3,408 of 14,653
They need to just go ahead and release the he1000 already. Pretty sure all this pointless debate will stop then

May 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #3,409 of 14,653
It's Telephone, I've person says something, then it is repeated as if it is fact

May 2, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #3,410 of 14,653
Just to give my input on the warranty topic.

I've had numerous driver failures with LCD3, warranty is of paramount importance to me. Because of the out-raw on the Audeze thread, they have revised their warranty policy. We now have 3 years warranty, and that 3 years resets if your drivers are replaced under warranty. Great stuff that came out of users speaking up.

I've ordered the LAu should be arriving around Oct. My next headphones will be Abyss or HE1000. But from what I'm hearing about others having driver failures with Hifiman cans, as well as only 1 year warranty, I'm leaning towards the Abyss.

I've been told by Joe that he has not had a single driver failure with the Abyss to date. That's huge influence in my purchasing decision.

what if you preferred the sound and comfort of the he1000 to the abyss? would you still choose the abyss over the he1000 because it has a three year warranty?

May 2, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #3,413 of 14,653
It's Telephone, I've person says something, then it is repeated as if it is fact

Well I'm choosing to believe subtle. Maybe he is way off but considering the beta and first adopters are getting their headphones at the same time I have a feeling he is on the money. As excited as I am to get the HE1k in a few weeks I would rather get them in a few months and make sure that I am receiving a top notch product that has been properly beta tested. 

From what I have read they have spent 7 years developing this headphone. Why shart on the last step? Kind of undermines the whole "We spent 7 years developing this headphone" point.  I have already seen a photo of a HE1k with very poor crooked stitching in the headband. At $3k poor build quality even something as minor as stitching will not fly with me, and maybe something that was caught during a proper beta test.

I don't think this should be a "big deal" but I think giving hfm a friendly reminder whenever a he-7, jade 2, and/or he-750 is released is a good idea.  

May 2, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #3,414 of 14,653
OK, nuff said, beating a dead horse...I don't get the beta being about the same time as the official release either. I guess it just has to beat it by a few weeks to be of use.

May 2, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #3,416 of 14,653
what if you preferred the sound and comfort of the he1000 to the abyss? would you still choose the abyss over the he1000 because it has a three year warranty?

It's not that simple. Each headphones strengths and weakness will be tallied up before I make my purchase. For instance. If the HE1k is incrementally better, then it may not be worth the risk of the warranty. If my drivers fail 1 year out, I'm left with a paperweight, and ill have to fork up the money to repair. If the SQ is significantly better, then it may be worth the risk. Also, its not just about the warranty, its about the reliability of the product. The fact that the abyss has not had any driver failures earns it a lot of points, because it has a reputation of being reliable.

I love the sound quality of the LCD3, but if I had to do it all over again, id probably not buy it, based on how many issues I've had with the cans. And I was about to give up on audeze, until the warranty changes, I can feel a little more comfortable owning their cans now.

I'm still waiting on more reviews of the HE1k vs Abyss, and hopefully I can hear them both before my purchase. But if I'm going to risk buying a can from a manufacturer with reported driver failures in the past, with only a 1 year warranty on a 3000$ hp, I betters be hearing angles kiss my air drums when I put the headphones on. lol.

May 3, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #3,417 of 14,653
pfft.  Better than the Abyss.  Doubt it. 
tongue_smile.gif

From what I've read around the place, as a very general guide, it seems like if an Audeze fan is looking for an upgrade, the Abyss is probably the answer for a sound leaning a bit more toward the musical side.  And if a HD800 fan is looking to upgrade, they are more likely to go for the Stax for a sound leaning more toward the detailed side.  And the HE1000 is trying to steal customers off Stax.

May 3, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #3,418 of 14,653
Yes mulder , from what I've read that seems to be the case.
Which is why I bought the LAu and planned to buy the Abyss in the first place :D
The HE1000 was announced after my decision, only prudent to check it out as well.
From what I'm reading, the HE1000 falls somewhere between the SR009 and Abyss.
Being a fan of the Audeze House sound I think I'll prefer the Abyss in the end. And well all the other things the abyss has going for it that has already earned it a lot of points on my scale.

May 3, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #3,419 of 14,653
Yeah I've kind of read it like the same way, the LCD-3/HD-800 are opposite ends of the spectrum and the Abyss/Stax are the same way, just on a higher level, with the HE1000 fitting in somewhere between them, closer to the HE1000 from what I've read, but with bass more like the Abyss. Since I've never heard the Abyss/Stax though, I will be comparing it to the LCD-3 & HD-800 both of which I own or have owned.

May 3, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #3,420 of 14,653
It's not that simple. Each headphones strengths and weakness will be tallied up before I make my purchase. For instance. If the HE1k is incrementally better, then it may not be worth the risk of the warranty. If my drivers fail 1 year out, I'm left with a paperweight, and ill have to fork up the money to repair. If the SQ is significantly better, then it may be worth the risk. Also, its not just about the warranty, its about the reliability of the product. The fact that the abyss has not had any driver failures earns it a lot of points, because it has a reputation of being reliable.

I love the sound quality of the LCD3, but if I had to do it all over again, id probably not buy it, based on how many issues I've had with the cans. And I was about to give up on audeze, until the warranty changes, I can feel a little more comfortable owning their cans now.

I'm still waiting on more reviews of the HE1k vs Abyss, and hopefully I can hear them both before my purchase. But if I'm going to risk buying a can from a manufacturer with reported driver failures in the past, with only a 1 year warranty on a 3000$ hp, I betters be hearing angles kiss my air drums when I put the headphones on. lol.

like i said earlier, if folks are anxious about the warranty then they should hold off from buying the can and wait for the reviews and feedback from the early adopters to start flowing in. obviously no one with any sense is going to fork out 3k on a can with a reputation for poor build quality and high failure rates.

speaking for myself it's pretty simple. a can's sound and comfort are a much higher priority for me than its warranty period. the warranty will run out eventually and if the can develops a problem after that time then i'd get it repaired. it wouldn't end up being an expensive paper weight if i valued it as a headphone.

looks like you've set your sights on the abyss anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back