Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 26, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #1,756 of 14,805
Sounds like you heard the he1000. How about a detailed comparison with the other HPs you mentioned? Particularly 009 if you feel they belong in the same SQ category

Check the first post of this thread for a link

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #1,757 of 14,805
Check the first post of this thread for a link
Thx, somehow I missed that update. There is no way to check the he1000 from EU but the way you describe the other HPs does match my impressions. Still dont get all this noise. The he1000 do not seem to be world-leading in any aspect but hype. Just a (hopefully) good highend allrounder

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,759 of 14,805
Thx, somehow I missed that update. There is no way to check the he1000 from EU but the way you describe the other HPs does match my impressions. Still dont get all this noise. The he1000 do not seem to be world-leading in any aspect but hype. Just a (hopefully) good highend allrounder

You never know, HFM has really been upping their game and bringing awesome sounding headphones to market these last three years so I wouldn't dismiss it as all hype just yet. If the proto sounds as good as people seem to suggest, like with the 560 when they finished tuning and went to production the 560 was considered to sound better than the proto so maybe that will happen with the 1000 also.

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #1,760 of 14,805

You never know, HFM has really been upping their game and bringing awesome sounding headphones to market these last three years so I wouldn't dismiss it as all hype just yet. If the proto sounds as good as people seem to suggest, like with the 560 when they finished tuning and went to production the 560 was considered to sound better than the proto so maybe that will happen with the 1000 also.

Your on the right track. The HE1000 is taking Hifiman to the next level.

Still dont get all this noise. The he1000 do not seem to be world-leading in any aspect but hype. Just a (hopefully) good highend allrounder

I suggest when they are released you take a listen to see if its hype. I been  living with them for almost a months and they are an excellent headphones that  does everything well.  Hifiman hit the mark and cant wait to hear the finished product which I am told will be even better.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,761 of 14,805
Agreed, I expect this is going to be a grand slam where the 560 was a 2 run homer.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #1,763 of 14,805
  I hear the HE1000 is easy to drive. Does that mean they won't do well with powerful amps such as Little dot MK VI+?

There are many headphones on the market that's easy to drive but that doesn't mean you will hear the "real" sound from them with the iPod. From my experience, those "easy to drive" headphones are the hardest to find match amps.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #1,764 of 14,805

I suggest when they are released you take a listen to see if its hype. I been  living with them for almost a months and they are an excellent headphones that  does everything well.  Hifiman hit the mark and cant wait to hear the finished product which I am told will be even better.

Oh boy, I just slipped on my drool.

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,767 of 14,805

Of course I'll have a listen at some point. Still dont get the hype. It's just a solid pair of headphones which apparently is going to be quite expensive. Plenty of those already.
And btw, I do like HFman and the 560 currently sits on top of my shopping list.

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #1,768 of 14,805
 It's just a solid pair of headphones which apparently is going to be quite expensive. Plenty of those already.
Except these seem to be more like the successor to the HD800. I've spoken to the staff of Stereo Exchange in New York and they said it's like the HD800 but "more" of everything. More sound stage, more bass, more realism, etc, etc. The real catcher is that it also seems to have the "soul" that the HD800 lacks and works well with all types of music, not just classical music like the HD800.
I've always said the perfect headphone would be the HD800 with soul. Now it seems we might be not only getting that, but even more sound improvement over the HD800 as well.
That being said I've never actually heard the HE1000 and everything I'm saying is based off of what others have said. Still, if enough people say the same thing it's probably true.

Feb 28, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,770 of 14,805

I'm impressed, you actually did talk to someone about those HPs. You must be the expert.
This very thread contains at least one report which says that the 800 does a lot of things better. From people who actually tried em. For some funny reason, I tend to trust that more.

Other than that, I'll surely like a more exciting and less "technical" 800, too. But wont pay triple for something I can also achieve with say a tube amp. Or (the horror) an equalizer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back