HIFIMAN HE-R10 Closed-Back Headphones Discussion & Impressions
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #514 of 1,218
Have you guys seen the loaner tour thread? It's 8 pages long already! Something tells me that the R-10 is likely to become a big deal in the headphone World
Well there is definitely a huge interest in the headphone.

Some want to know how a closed back flagship on susvara level sounds.
Some want to compare to the original R10
Some want to compare to other ToTl closed backs

I personally am relly interested in the sound. If it gets close to Susvara sound quality with more bass grunt I seriously would consider buying it.
And the fact that it's easy to drive, makes it a lot more interesting for all of us who don't want to dump the same money on the amp as well.

In that sense, I'm waiting for your more detailed review than "sounds good" :wink:

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #516 of 1,218
Well there is definitely a huge interest in the headphone.

Some want to know how a closed back flagship on susvara level sounds.
Some want to compare to the original R10
Some want to compare to other ToTl closed backs

I personally am relly interested in the sound. If it gets close to Susvara sound quality with more bass grunt I seriously would consider buying it.
And the fact that it's easy to drive, makes it a lot more interesting for all of us who don't want to dump the same money on the amp as well.

In that sense, I'm waiting for your more detailed review than "sounds good" :wink:
Well don't say I don't do anything for you! Here it is!

Nov 27, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #518 of 1,218
Nov 27, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #522 of 1,218
10 hours of listening time done, and it's time for a more detailed discussion

How is the bass compared to the lcd4/ab-1266? Is it as smooth as the susvara or less forgiving in the treble? I currently have the susvara but the R10P has caught my interest.

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #523 of 1,218
How is the bass compared to the lcd4/ab-1266? Is it as smooth as the susvara or less forgiving in the treble? I currently have the susvara but the R10P has caught my interest.
That'd be unfair to say for definite without the 4 and the 1266 here. From memory, I'd say I prefer the feel of the RE-10. The treble is difficult to fault. It just sounds right

Nov 27, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #524 of 1,218
The only thing stopping me from taking the plunge is the sound leakage. If people in the same room can hear my music, it kinda defeats the purpose of getting a closed back. But, a Susvara-like headphone with more bass, sounds very interesting to me :thinking:

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #525 of 1,218
The only thing stopping me from taking the plunge is the sound leakage. If people in the same room can hear my music, it kinda defeats the purpose of getting a closed back. But, a Susvara-like headphone with more bass, sounds very interesting to me :thinking:
There is sound leakage. Because of the size of the headphones I think there's no getting away from it. But I sat beside my wife in the lounge and listened to music all night last night without any arguments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back